Author Topic: Bad Azz - Personal Business (2001)  (Read 829 times)

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
Bad Azz - Personal Business (2001)
« on: January 01, 2022, 02:55:57 PM »
Just bumped the vinyl front to back. Wow. This album aged like five wine. Classic in my book. Timeless production by Battlecat and Jellyroll. Bad Azz comes correct with his rhymes and flow and Snoop hooked him up with fantastic production and features. Very slept on album

20 years ago!!!

The following users thanked this post: Okka, dnjp4life, HighEyeCue, NIBIRU

HighEyeCue

Re: Bad Azz - Personal Business (2001)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 08:29:15 AM »
yeah this was very underrated...Jellyroll is usually hit or miss for me but he brought the heat on this one and Battlecat is one of the greats

RIP Bad Azz

he never spit a wack verse to my knowledge

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 08:50:17 AM »
near classic .. not mad at anyone callin it classic tho

word on tha streetz is his best album + classic

The following users thanked this post: Okka, HighEyeCue

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 01:27:42 AM »
Bought ina store as soon as it dropped. Dope Ass album.

"Don't Wanna Die" (2Pac Dedication) rarely gets mentioned:

The following users thanked this post: NIBIRU

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2022, 11:22:42 PM »

word on tha streetz is his best album + classic

Happy somebody finally mentioned this album; it never gets enough love.  This is not the first time I've seen Personal Business get some love at the forum.  I've actually never gotten into the album much.  Honestly, I think I've been sleepin on it and Dogg just encouraged me to take another crack at it.

I've been a Bad Azz fan since "Beware of My Crew" dropped in 95' and I really thought he had next and outshined everyone on that track.  I was the first customer in line the day Word on The Streetz dropped.  I thought it would be better but the West was in a bit of a slump at that time; so I wouldn't call it a classic.  It was still a solid album though for what it was, and I wore that album out in the fall of 98'.  It came out just a bit before Kuruption came out and I had just gotten my drivers license so my speakers were lovin' the sounds...

"The Last Time" classic sentimental type West Coast joint
"Puttin it Down" Snoop banger
Soopafly and Kurupt banger on there
"Continued Dedication" is a chill joint he had some group he was promotin called low lifes
Last joint on the album goes hard

Other funny story was this album was the first time I ever started using the Internet more regularly.  The site back then was SnoopsDogghouse.com and they had some nice writeups and reviews on this album.  They were actually dissing Snoop's lyrical performance on "Puttin it Down" saying that he rhymed "down" and "down" on the chorus twice, lol, everyone was really critical of Snoop at the time because that was his No Limit phase, but I thought he came tight in the video giving a huge assist to his homie, "Ghetto Star" with the Pac feature could've given the album a chance to sell at least gold, I think it only went 200,000...

Dogg.. what you got to say about Word on The Streetz and how it compares?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 03:19:00 AM »

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 10:17:02 AM »
Happy somebody finally mentioned this album; it never gets enough love.  This is not the first time I've seen Personal Business get some love at the forum.  I've actually never gotten into the album much.  Honestly, I think I've been sleepin on it and Dogg just encouraged me to take another crack at it.

I've been a Bad Azz fan since "Beware of My Crew" dropped in 95' and I really thought he had next and outshined everyone on that track.  I was the first customer in line the day Word on The Streetz dropped.  I thought it would be better but the West was in a bit of a slump at that time; so I wouldn't call it a classic.  It was still a solid album though for what it was, and I wore that album out in the fall of 98'.  It came out just a bit before Kuruption came out and I had just gotten my drivers license so my speakers were lovin' the sounds...

"The Last Time" classic sentimental type West Coast joint
"Puttin it Down" Snoop banger
Soopafly and Kurupt banger on there
"Continued Dedication" is a chill joint he had some group he was promotin called low lifes
Last joint on the album goes hard

Other funny story was this album was the first time I ever started using the Internet more regularly.  The site back then was SnoopsDogghouse.com and they had some nice writeups and reviews on this album.  They were actually dissing Snoop's lyrical performance on "Puttin it Down" saying that he rhymed "down" and "down" on the chorus twice, lol, everyone was really critical of Snoop at the time because that was his No Limit phase, but I thought he came tight in the video giving a huge assist to his homie, "Ghetto Star" with the Pac feature could've given the album a chance to sell at least gold, I think it only went 200,000...

Dogg.. what you got to say about Word on The Streetz and how it compares?

I bought that album when it came out as well. I thought it was a classic album. I would play it all the way through. I thought Bad Azz was underrated. I also remember that website and all the other late 90s west coast hip hop sites. It was an era of its own.  That song with Snoop was dope as hell I remember hearing it on the radio on power 106 and gettin pumped lol. Different times

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 10:13:08 PM »
I prefer the one with Nutt-so. Top 10 Pac track. RAW AF.

Rare BAD track:

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 10:34:07 PM by XR3LoV3vTiOnX »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2022, 10:45:58 PM »
I bought that album when it came out as well. I thought it was a classic album. I would play it all the way through. I thought Bad Azz was underrated. I also remember that website and all the other late 90s west coast hip hop sites. It was an era of its own.  That song with Snoop was dope as hell I remember hearing it on the radio on power 106 and gettin pumped lol. Different times

It got dumped?!? (Wtf).  DJ Pooh on the beat by the way.. Bad Azz ripped it...  fuccin Suge held up that LBC project so imagine if they had taken some of the best unreleased joints from that album and put them on this joint and removed the lesser tracks
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 02:52:17 AM »
It got dumped?!? (Wtf).  DJ Pooh on the beat by the way.. Bad Azz ripped it...  fuccin Suge held up that LBC project so imagine if they had taken some of the best unreleased joints from that album and put them on this joint and removed the lesser tracks

Why did Suge "held up" the project?

Any reason known?

topdogg188

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2022, 03:15:35 AM »
Excluding Cube albums this is in my top 5 of westcoast and i still bump to this day.

dnjp4life

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 08:20:25 AM »
Never heard this album but I’ve just bought it for cheap on the strength of this thread. Can’t wait to hear it in full.

The following users thanked this post: Duck Duck Doggy

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2022, 02:32:28 AM »
Tha Low Lifez Power 106 Freestyle

Bad Azz Track with Nate Dogg, Tray Free & A Rapper Named R.G.

astra4322

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2022, 02:58:31 AM »
This Low Lifes album is wack as f...

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2022, 07:42:00 PM »
This Low Lifes album is wack as f...

Dunno what Album Albumyou ean but 19st/Straight Outta Cali & Solo spots were the shizz.

Peep this

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue