Author Topic: CYPRESS HILL - BACK IN BLACK (Official Discussion)  (Read 1326 times)

doggfather

Re: CYPRESS HILL - BACK IN BLACK (Official Discussion)
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2022, 06:34:02 AM »
Their Bones disc,the rnr themed is my fav! 8) 8)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Jay_J

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2022, 11:30:43 PM »
The Ride was cool but rest is pretty forgettable to me. #overthehill

Agreed %100... nothing special at all. only track i remember after first listen is "the ride" and its not even a hit.

Lazaruz5150

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2022, 02:28:07 PM »
Its not bad I guess. It just seems to be short as fuck. 10 tracks is pretty slim for cypress especially when they have already given us nearly half an albums worth of singles before the album dropped. Doesn't seem like a good way to Roll out an album. It felt like half of the album was missing.  I know there is a bonus track on the vinyl version called " Anymore" but good luck trying to get a hold of that online even just to listen. It is placed as track 3 or 4 I think so im not sure who's idea that was but seems like a strange decision to me. Maybe this extra track would of help increase some of the Replay value but with only 10 tracks,  I've already 'kind of' out played it. My issue with Elephants On Acid was that it was too long and contained too many Interludes and Skits but this is the opposite. This should of been at least 13 or 14 tracks of solid music if your going to realise 4 singles before the LP drops. Plus DJ Muggs is missed off Back in Black . He should of at least produced 3 or 4 tracks with Black Milk. There I said it...

6.5 /10

Cypress since 2010 haven't gone in the direction I thought there journey was taking them. This is album 10. I was expecting something off of final sending off and a Victory Lap of sorts. But Hey, it is what it is I guess.

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life, astra4322

Okka

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2022, 07:31:08 AM »
Its not bad I guess. It just seems to be short as fuck. 10 tracks is pretty slim for cypress especially when they have already given us nearly half an albums worth of singles before the album dropped. Doesn't seem like a good way to Roll out an album. It felt like half of the album was missing.  I know there is a bonus track on the vinyl version called " Anymore" but good luck trying to get a hold of that online even just to listen. It is placed as track 3 or 4 I think so im not sure who's idea that was but seems like a strange decision to me. Maybe this extra track would of help increase some of the Replay value but with only 10 tracks,  I've already 'kind of' out played it. My issue with Elephants On Acid was that it was too long and contained too many Interludes and Skits but this is the opposite. This should of been at least 13 or 14 tracks of solid music if your going to realise 4 singles before the LP drops. Plus DJ Muggs is missed off Back in Black . He should of at least produced 3 or 4 tracks with Black Milk. There I said it...

6.5 /10

Cypress since 2010 haven't gone in the direction I thought there journey was taking them. This is album 10. I was expecting something off of final sending off and a Victory Lap of sorts. But Hey, it is what it is I guess.

They got another album dropping after this. "Back In Black" had been done for a long time. DJ Muggs is back on the last album. They're going to use old beats that Muggs found some time ago. They spoke about this on the Dr. Greenthumb show when Muggs was a guest. It was a great episode.

astra4322

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2022, 07:58:21 AM »
They got another album dropping after this. "Back In Black" had been done for a long time. DJ Muggs is back on the last album. They're going to use old beats that Muggs found some time ago. They spoke about this on the Dr. Greenthumb show when Muggs was a guest. It was a great episode.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it will be NFT release right?

HighEyeCue

Re: CYPRESS HILL - BACK IN BLACK (New Album 3/18)
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2022, 10:00:28 AM »
They should've come up with a better (and original) title for the album. Back in Black is AC/DC all day.
haha yeah...but that was even before my time

Their Bones disc,the rnr themed is my fav! 8) 8)
very dope 8)

Mat

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2022, 10:51:09 AM »
Well he Ain't Wrong

BIGWORM

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2022, 03:18:42 PM »
5/10

Sounds like Young D aka Demrick did some Sen Dog writing. It seems like his flow and cadence on a hand full of songs. I'm probably wrong but I get that feel.

Black Milks drums hit hard on this!!!!

Young Old Head

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2022, 05:32:29 PM »
I really tried to like the album... I consider myself a Cypress fan + always liked Black Milk as well, so I gave it a couple of spins... But there's really nothing special about this album. It ain't bad either, but I'm afraid it has little to no replay value for me. B-Real sounds a bit lazy at times, which at least made me appreciate some Sen Dog verses even more (who I always thought was the weakest link in CH). Production is solid tho.

Cash Money Blood Gang

Okka

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2022, 09:59:41 AM »
Dope album.

doggfather

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2022, 11:45:30 AM »

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The following users thanked this post: Okka

doggfather

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ