Author Topic: THE GAME - DRILLMATIC (Official Discussion)  (Read 9723 times)

BIGWORM

Re: THE GAME - DRILLMATIC (Official Discussion)
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2022, 05:34:34 PM »
What was it about this album that has made you decide to "never check for a Game album again"?

I used to be a Big "The Game" fan. The Game was a top tier rapper in my books. I stopped checking out his albums because of album disappointments in the past. So I was done with wasting my time. However after hearing him talk so much shit about this album I decided to give it a check because he said it was his greatest work. I actually thought okay maybe "he's back". After hearing this album I felt lied to.

I get it his gimmick "The Game" rhyme like others and mimic flows and cadences, but this was just too much.... Give me The Game that used to sound like Shyne and I'm good....

Sccit

« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2022, 06:10:00 PM »
I used to be a Big "The Game" fan. The Game was a top tier rapper in my books. I stopped checking out his albums because of album disappointments in the past. So I was done with wasting my time. However after hearing him talk so much shit about this album I decided to give it a check because he said it was his greatest work. I actually thought okay maybe "he's back". After hearing this album I felt lied to.

I get it his gimmick "The Game" rhyme like others and mimic flows and cadences, but this was just too much.... Give me The Game that used to sound like Shyne and I'm good....

u didn’t like born 2 rap??

h2k4

« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2022, 08:38:30 PM »

I respect your opinion but it's wild. His entire catalogue is top-tier. This album wasn't his best work but it's still solid.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #288 on: August 26, 2022, 11:00:58 PM »

I liked his Dr Dre flow from his first 2 albums. His voice is so high pitched and whiney now.

Also no one mentions this but he totally breaks out his best Suga Free flow/imitation on Quicks Groove from The Documentary 2. It’s so blatantly obvious.

astra4322

« Reply #289 on: August 26, 2022, 11:15:53 PM »
Drillmatic it’s in my top 3 of the 2022 so far.

Okka

« Reply #290 on: August 27, 2022, 01:52:06 AM »

Did you fuck with "1992"?

BIGWORM

« Reply #291 on: August 27, 2022, 05:54:01 AM »
Did you fuck with "1992"?

Yes I liked that album it's in my top 3 or 4 Game albums.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Sccit

« Reply #292 on: August 27, 2022, 09:43:15 PM »
I liked his Dr Dre flow from his first 2 albums. His voice is so high pitched and whiney now.

Also no one mentions this but he totally breaks out his best Suga Free flow/imitation on Quicks Groove from The Documentary 2. It’s so blatantly obvious.

why would anyone need to mention that?

he copies literally every flow of every rapper he associates wit LOL

it would be like mentioning that the sky is blue