Author Topic: The 40 Greatest Dr. Dre Productions (Rolling Stone)  (Read 703 times)

Safe+Sound

Re: The 40 Greatest Dr. Dre Productions (Rolling Stone)
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2022, 03:03:00 PM »
Why is Obie Trice's The Set Up always left off these best of Dr. Dre production lists?  I know it's not his most well-known work but if we are going into deeper cuts like the article says with the inclusion of So Bad by Eminem then that instrumental needs to be included.  It's so unique sounding and definitely one of his best.

A lot of beats from efil4zaggin could be included, Lyrical Gangbang, Boss' Life by Snoop, Deeply Thinkin' by Six-Two, Lock It Up by Eminem was one of the best recent productions he's been involved in.   

Also Tha Chron by King Tee is a real personal favourite of mine.  That beat is insane.

Yeah, The Set Up was amazing. King T's material on Aftermath as well. Anything NWA.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2022, 03:18:15 PM »
pretty hard to narrow it down but overall nice list

Dre has so many classic type beats that didn’t make the list though

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2022, 08:57:38 AM »
The Set Up wasn't even the best production on that album, imo.  "Oh!" was freaking amazing, using different instrumentation for each of the three verses.  Very unique.  At the time I thought that was going to be the future of hip hop production, or at least Dre's production.  Obviously that didn't happen.  :-[

I like nominating B-Please, though.  That should be on there.  And "Mind Blowin'" imo but we've talked about this before and I know I'm in the minority on that one.  Peeps even prefer the remix.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Jay_J

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2022, 09:44:58 AM »
The Set Up wasn't even the best production on that album, imo.  "Oh!" was freaking amazing, using different instrumentation for each of the three verses.  Very unique.  At the time I thought that was going to be the future of hip hop production, or at least Dre's production.  Obviously that didn't happen.  :-[

I like nominating B-Please, though.  That should be on there.  And "Mind Blowin'" imo but we've talked about this before and I know I'm in the minority on that one.  Peeps even prefer the remix.

are you kidding me? was it the first time u heard that kind of beat like "Oh?"... just added different elements for each verses wasnt unique or game changer, it was done before many times before... what game changer was "switch" in same beat.

anyway i think "look in my eyes" was dre's best beat on that album. Nate Dogg killed it. RIP.