Author Topic: Streets & Scholars discuss Death Row's compilation 2000 album Too Gangster for..  (Read 293 times)

abusive

In this episode of Streets and Scholars Alex Alonso and Frank Thornton discuss the 2000 Death Row album, "Too Gangster For Radio" that featured Tupac, The Realist, K9, Dresta Lil C-Style and many others. TO listen to entire episode visit the podcast links on YT.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

HighEyeCue

from what I remember it was a decent release but Ja Rule and Ruff Ryders on a Death Row album seemed a little out of place :-\

Okka

from what I remember it was a decent release but Ja Rule and Ruff Ryders on a Death Row album seemed a little out of place :-\

It's a dope compilation. A lot of classic tracks on it. "Fuck Dre", "Everywhere We Go", "I Ain't Fuckin' Wit Cha", "Friends" etc. Looks like everybody has a podcast now though. Do people actually wanna hear Frank Thornton's opinion on this compilation because Mob James snitched on him? Oh yeah, they got a picture of the wrong K-9 on the video. The interviewer also mixed up "Fuck Dre" and "I Ain't Fuckin' Wit Cha".

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

HighEyeCue

It's a dope compilation. A lot of classic tracks on it. "Fuck Dre", "Everywhere We Go", "I Ain't Fuckin' Wit Cha", "Friends" etc. Looks like everybody has a podcast now though. Do people actually wanna hear Frank Thornton's opinion on this compilation because Mob James snitched on him? Oh yeah, they got a picture of the wrong K-9 on the video. The interviewer also mixed up "Fuck Dre" and "I Ain't Fuckin' Wit Cha".

yeah I didn't watch the video yet but it seems like a pretty random topic to discuss lol

With a hard "ER"? With a hard "ER"....

Anyway, they mentioned Tha Realest being decent and he actually was quite good. Listened to some of his stuff recently and he had a good ear for beats, catchy hooks and OKish lyrics. Just the Pac biting thing got in the way.

Tracks bump doe.

abusive

yeah I didn't watch the video yet but it seems like a pretty random topic to discuss lol
He was there during that time. I posted some of his past videos where he talks about Suge giving him a shot and allowing his homies to record at track for DR with sisqo. He also talks about being cool with Suge's Piru homies who worked at DR. He wasn't as active with DR as someone like Buntry who we hear alot about but he was close enough to have first hand info on alot. Let's say he wasn't tho. What difference would it make?
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.