Author Topic: East Coast G-Funk?  (Read 555 times)

Dee Tha AK

East Coast G-Funk?
« on: March 31, 2022, 11:33:10 AM »
Are there some dope G Funk tracks by East Coast Artists?

Except EPMD-U Gotsta Chill 😂

Dee Tha AK

Re: East Coast G-Funk?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 06:08:22 PM »
Up

astra4322

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 03:52:43 AM »
Up

Dana Dane album produced by Battlecat.

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 07:36:48 PM »
Maybe "Da B Side" by Da Brat and Notorious B.I.G.

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2022, 09:52:00 PM »

Sure

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2022, 10:06:58 PM »
masta ace - sittin on chrome

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2022, 03:45:52 AM »
X-clan - heed the word of the brother (not g-funk but funk)

Kriss Kross 2nd album had many "gfunk" type beats:

Tonite's da night:

Da bomb:

Sliick Rick - Behind bars (Dum ditty dum remix) (Warren G prod)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 04:02:09 AM by Fonky Fresh »
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2022, 04:59:12 AM »
masta ace - sittin on chrome

Yes.. and that's because that album was recorded under the name Masta Ace INC Incorporated--the Incorporated meant that it was him and his homie(s) from the West Coast that did the album together to make it like an East meets West theme.  The skits and tracks and all play out this theme.  It's one of the great concept records and also a personal favorite of mine.

I was used to being like the only hip-hop head around in the neighborhood I grew up in--but that was that rare year of 95'-96' (up until Pac died) when everyone was following the rap trend.  And I actually had friends in that time that put me up on Masta Ace.  I was in jr. high at the time, and one of my best friends actually got into a fight with a kid I played little league baseball with (from the other side of town) because that kid stole his Masta Ace cd, lol... that's how serious it was. 

I also got in a fight with a friend of mine in the locker room after gym class (got my ass kicked by the way) because I bet him my Dogg Pound album for his Bone album over a game of 1-on-1, I won the game and he welched on the bet.  He later ended up given me an clean edit of the Deangelo album and 5 bucks and calling it a deal.  The reason I got my ass kicked so bad was I'd planned it out with my old best friend that he would take off on this dude in the locker room and he was supposed to break it up--soon as this dude got moving on me.  My friend never came to break it up and I got my ass kicked like I knew I would because this dude was like 2 sizes bigger than me and built, his dad was even a boxer.  He had me on the ground, on top of me, with his fist balled and said, "you give up?" -- I looked up and my x-best friend nowhere to be found.. and nobody hung around the locker room to check if I was alright everyone left, except that new homie--the same one who put me up on Masta Ace!!

But I loved it because it was that brief period where people actually gave a fucc about great music.  In fact, I even remember seeing that same kid from little league that got in a fight with my best friend at a cross-town rivalry basketball game and telling him I'd seen on the news Snoop got acquitted of murder.  Those were the word of mouth days pre-internet.

That shit was a mantra for me and my group of friends fall of 95' "INC Ride" was making its rounds on MTV and BET and we used to go around repeating lines and catch phrases from that song like "don't play" "Ride-da-ride-da-ride-ride", "Gotta let um know..."  etc. 

Best era in rap
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 05:06:43 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2022, 08:29:41 AM »
Yes.. and that's because that album was recorded under the name Masta Ace INC Incorporated--the Incorporated meant that it was him and his homie(s) from the West Coast that did the album together to make it like an East meets West theme.  The skits and tracks and all play out this theme.  It's one of the great concept records and also a personal favorite of mine.

I was used to being like the only hip-hop head around in the neighborhood I grew up in--but that was that rare year of 95'-96' (up until Pac died) when everyone was following the rap trend.  And I actually had friends in that time that put me up on Masta Ace.  I was in jr. high at the time, and one of my best friends actually got into a fight with a kid I played little league baseball with (from the other side of town) because that kid stole his Masta Ace cd, lol... that's how serious it was. 

I also got in a fight with a friend of mine in the locker room after gym class (got my ass kicked by the way) because I bet him my Dogg Pound album for his Bone album over a game of 1-on-1, I won the game and he welched on the bet.  He later ended up given me an clean edit of the Deangelo album and 5 bucks and calling it a deal.  The reason I got my ass kicked so bad was I'd planned it out with my old best friend that he would take off on this dude in the locker room and he was supposed to break it up--soon as this dude got moving on me.  My friend never came to break it up and I got my ass kicked like I knew I would because this dude was like 2 sizes bigger than me and built, his dad was even a boxer.  He had me on the ground, on top of me, with his fist balled and said, "you give up?" -- I looked up and my x-best friend nowhere to be found.. and nobody hung around the locker room to check if I was alright everyone left, except that new homie--the same one who put me up on Masta Ace!!

But I loved it because it was that brief period where people actually gave a fucc about great music.  In fact, I even remember seeing that same kid from little league that got in a fight with my best friend at a cross-town rivalry basketball game and telling him I'd seen on the news Snoop got acquitted of murder.  Those were the word of mouth days pre-internet.

That shit was a mantra for me and my group of friends fall of 95' "INC Ride" was making its rounds on MTV and BET and we used to go around repeating lines and catch phrases from that song like "don't play" "Ride-da-ride-da-ride-ride", "Gotta let um know..."  etc. 

Best era in rap

classix

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2022, 11:03:19 PM »

HighEyeCue

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2022, 05:14:41 AM »

Da Brats "Funkdafied" as well

Best era in rap

no doubt...great post 8)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2022, 07:09:43 AM »
Are you asking about songs other than the obvious ones such as Big Poppa by Biggie and Feel Me Flow by Naughty by Nature?

One that doesn't get mentioned much would be "How Da Beat Goes On" by Will Smith

I'll keep thinking of others.  I'm trying to think of songs that were not just eastcoast artists hopping on the G-Funk gravy train in '93-'96 but actual out-of-nowhere G-Funk songs.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Jay_J

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2022, 10:39:14 AM »
Nas-Watch Dem Niggas

teecee

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2022, 08:53:52 PM »
Maybe the best one ever:

And another NBN one:

teecee

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2022, 09:00:28 PM »