Author Topic: RIP Jewell  (Read 1169 times)

astra4322

Re: RIP Jewell
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2022, 11:42:19 AM »
RIP The Legend

romson19

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2022, 11:48:06 AM »
She was amazing...

RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

Mista Rosa

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2022, 09:20:04 AM »
Damn, RIP Jewell.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2022, 11:57:24 AM »
I remember when I bought No Limit Top Dogg back in the day and how excited I was to see Dre, Snoop and Jewell on a track together again with "Just Dippin'" It didn't disappoint.  Jewell may not get the credit she deserves in the music industry, but she holds a special place in the hearts of West Coast Hip-Hop fans that witnessed its golden days.

This one really hurt and she will be missed.

Exactly similar story NL TOp Dogg CD

Rip to uncrowned queen of g-funk

jaytee

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2022, 07:12:57 PM »

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2022, 09:29:23 PM »
Im hurting on this one, i loved Jewell's spirit but God needed her in the upper room to keep assembling Eternal Row with Pac, Nate, Syke, Fatal N Felony, Bad Azz, Gonzoe, Johnny J & Flypside from OFTB...RIP to the Queen of Death Row

The following users thanked this post: Dee Tha AK

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2022, 11:31:37 PM »
She has really a voice was a very talented singer, not just background vocalist

DEKO

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2022, 01:43:51 AM »
RIP to the Queen 🪦 Rest in Presence

Did the vaxxine kill her?

Probably, but the media aint gonna admit it. Fuck 'em!

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2022, 07:28:29 AM »
Probably, but the media aint gonna admit it. Fuck 'em!

I don't think so..why others don't die off vaxx?

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2022, 07:54:15 AM »
I don't think so..why others don't die off vaxx?

kevin samuels just died early a few days ago

bob lanier passed last night

a lot of these deaths are from heart failure

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2022, 08:33:29 AM »
Great to see all the love that Jewell is receiving here at the forum.  She said in one of those Art interviews that she wanted to do a positive album not about dick sucking something for her grandkids that they could be proud of.  I never saw her in that light.  I saw her as a great artist and she should be proud of all of her great work at Death Row.  I had the best times of my life banging her music.  Of course she wasn't the featured artist so I can't say she made those tracks, but she definitely never disappointed and always came correct on whatever songs they put her on. 

"What Would U Do" is one of her biggest joints, because they kind of put the hook at the end as a sort of outro which was something only Dr. Dre would take the time to do something like that.  Produced by Daz but Dre had to have co-produced.  Mid-90's used to leave the window to my bedroom open before I had a license and car to play music in I would bang that joint as loud as I could with the speakers next to the window so people could here it down the street. 

But THE song that got me into hip-hop was "Wit A Dre Day".  That was THE joint.  Everyone has that one song that was the AHA! moment when the lightbulb came on in their head.  Before that video came out I was just your regular fan who liked stuff like Young MC "Principals Office" or Naughty By Nature's big singles, stuff like LL Cool J "Mama Said Knock You Out", or "Rump Shaker".  That was what I knew of rap, but I wasn't a hip-hop head.  Even "G Thang" didn't make me into a hip-hop head.  It was a video that was on but I wasn't fully aware.

When I saw "Wit A Dre Day" come on when I was away from home for a week at MU Missouri Tigers basketball camp summer of 93' that was it for me.  We were all in the lobby in between our games.  It was great because you would get to play like 5 games a day when you were away at camp.  It was like the best time of my life being able to play in real, competitive games all day long and listen to people like Anthony Peeler tell you what it was like to play against Michael Jordan. 

So that's my best memory for Jewell is that she was on the track that literally turned me into a hip-hop head.  When that video came on when I was away at camp in 93' the whole fuccin camp the catch phrase was "Bow Wow Wow Yippee Yo Yippee Yea" all the older dudes were rappin that back and forth to games.  I was hooked the moment I saw that video, so props to Jewell for being on it and coming through and doing her thing on the outro that was like a coronation and celebration at the end--she helped make that joint big, and made me a hip-hop head for life.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

romson19

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2022, 01:32:43 PM »
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

Dee Tha AK

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2022, 08:14:59 PM »
oh no! that really hurt me so bad.

jewell was not only a part of g-funk history, she was definately a component of g-funk era. you need to get mean it really. jewell defined how a black woman vocalist supposed to sound on a g-funk rap song. i'm really sorry. this hit me most since nate dogg's pass.

I also miss that Kurupt that’s on this track
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2022, 02:58:46 AM »
oh no! that really hurt me so bad.

jewell was not only a part of g-funk history, she was definately a component of g-funk era. you need to get mean it really. jewell defined how a black woman vocalist supposed to sound on a g-funk rap song. i'm really sorry. this hit me most since nate dogg's pass.

this track is one of Death Rows GOAT unreleased songs...up there with "Tha Next Episode" OG