Author Topic: BLACK WOMEN MAD ABOUT WHITE WOMEN APPROPRIATING 2PAC SONGS  (Read 334 times)

Sccit

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: BLACK WOMEN MAD ABOUT WHITE WOMEN APPROPRIATING 2PAC SONGS
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 02:55:42 AM »
Kind of true in a way they got a point the song was kind of for black women.  But I suppose nothing wrong with white women appreciating it as well. 

"Keep Your Head Up" was actually the song that got me into Pac.  I thought "I Get Around" was dope, but just like another good song, "Keep Ya Head Up" was like next level and something I'd never seen before.  Strictly 4 My Niggaz was almost the first album I ever bought in stores when I was in 6th grade--but when I saw the title I said to myself, "okay the album is strictly 4 niggaz" and I ain't one so I bought the "Keep Ya Head Up" single instead, lol
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Duckasuckin

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 09:53:49 AM »
Personally, I think they are thinking way too much into it. Music is music and really was made for all races to enjoy regardless if it’s a white, black, brown person bumping it. Beside that, every race and not just black folks listening to the music is what made pac rich, because all parts of the world felt his music. I’m probably going off topic as I haven’t even watched the video, but these kinds of things get annoying sometimes because of how people let their feelings get the best of them.

The following users thanked this post: Malcy

Rubinho

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2022, 02:38:37 PM »
This just shows how sad todays society is. Pac wanted to reach as many people as possible. Of course the song was inspired by black woman, but is for everyone that can relate in a way

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2022, 11:21:09 PM »
Kind of true in a way they got a point the song was kind of for black women.  But I suppose nothing wrong with white women appreciating it as well. 

"Keep Your Head Up" was actually the song that got me into Pac.  I thought "I Get Around" was dope, but just like another good song, "Keep Ya Head Up" was like next level and something I'd never seen before.  Strictly 4 My Niggaz was almost the first album I ever bought in stores when I was in 6th grade--but when I saw the title I said to myself, "okay the album is strictly 4 niggaz" and I ain't one so I bought the "Keep Ya Head Up" single instead, lol

:dead:

The following users thanked this post: Malcy

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 08:05:23 AM »

Rofl :fisherlol: :notbad: :think: :banderas:

Proc pka KP

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 12:22:47 PM »
Infinite Little did you know

soopa-man

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 01:55:58 PM »

Bruh, straight up as a kid/teen I did the same shit crazy shit still don’t own that album physically! Cuz that title, as it is Mexicans at that time in LA didn’t all the way fuck with hip hop around my way. LA was and is a different place with the tension there, another story though.
But damn Lol straight up I was like fuck it I guess it ain’t. For me! Lol. Totally different meaning or place with the word now, but back then there was no platforms using that word like that now.  You wouldn’t see the N-Word in white asian girls feed talkin about men, just a different time … I still don’t fuck with walking around saying it like I own it… lmao tho crazy

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2022, 10:46:09 AM »
Sure the Song was made for Afro American woman but Pac also the one saying "it ain't bout black & white cause we humans". KYHU is one of the greatest Songs ever. Dave Hollister killed it.