Author Topic: Daz talks about how he influenced Jay-Z in writing “Still Dre”  (Read 421 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I’ll find the interview later to post but it’s one of Del Rays recent Daz interviews—Daz points out how Jay-Z used his line “If you ain’t up on thangz” from Doggystyle to write “Still Dre”.

Then Jay-Z used their joint from Dogg Food “psycho-like no bitch-ass niccaz” to do that remix joint (that I never bothered to listen to because I don’t listen to Jay-Z)

Then you always got Daz and Kurupt biggin up Jay-Z for doing that concert with them.  But who cares??  Daz is larger then Jay-Z!!  Daz is doing Jay favors he is influencing Jay not the other way around.

Dogg Pound did House of Blues with Pac!!  So who cares if they did a show with Jay.

I never understood why artists big up Jay-Z I think everyone is just mesmorized by his lifestyle and business and money and Beyoncé but Jay ain’t even on DPG level when it comes to the music.  Pac understood all this and when Pac was alive he kept Jay in his place. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

heisenberg

Re: Daz talks about how he influenced Jay-Z in writing “Still Dre”
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 07:38:44 PM »
 :mindblown:

The following users thanked this post: Okka, mtbsm

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 09:19:55 PM »
I’ll find the interview later to post but it’s one of Del Rays recent Daz interviews—Daz points out how Jay-Z used his line “If you ain’t up on thangz” from Doggystyle to write “Still Dre”.

Then Jay-Z used their joint from Dogg Food “psycho-like no bitch-ass niccaz” to do that remix joint (that I never bothered to listen to because I don’t listen to Jay-Z)

Then you always got Daz and Kurupt biggin up Jay-Z for doing that concert with them.  But who cares??  Daz is larger then Jay-Z!!  Daz is doing Jay favors he is influencing Jay not the other way around.

Dogg Pound did House of Blues with Pac!!  So who cares if they did a show with Jay.

I never understood why artists big up Jay-Z I think everyone is just mesmorized by his lifestyle and business and money and Beyoncé but Jay ain’t even on DPG level when it comes to the music.  Pac understood all this and when Pac was alive he kept Jay in his place.

For West Coast Fans - Yes, Not Others.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Okka

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 11:03:45 PM »

Jay bit a lot of artists, but this thread is just hilarious.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 04:09:25 PM »
Jay is smart for biting that joint though. 

Because "Serial Killaz" is a big time banger that went under the mainstream rap radar just because there were so many other big songs on the album.  So when Jay writes that line for the song "Still Dre" it sounds fresh and new and only the die hards picked it up right away, and then maybe to others it sounded familiar; and then to mainstream it sounded brand new as if Jay invented it

The following users thanked this post: Okka

goodyoung

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 09:42:31 PM »
But who cares??  Daz is larger then Jay-Z!!  Daz is doing Jay favors he is influencing Jay not the other way around.

Jay ain’t even on DPG level when it comes to the music.

Lmao you can't be serious

doggfather

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 09:57:31 PM »
Jay ain’t even on DPG level when it comes to the music.

:mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2022, 02:43:37 AM »
jay-z is overrated

gimme dogg food over any jay album

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2022, 03:28:31 AM »
jay-z is overrated

At least u ain’t goin for the Jay-Z hoax

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2022, 08:16:02 AM »

Hoax?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2022, 09:18:48 AM »
jay-z is overrated

Facts...even on Jays best albums there is always filler which there is zero on Dogg Food

admittedly I have never been a Jay fan though so I might be a little biased 

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Okka

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2022, 11:15:45 AM »
Facts...even on Jays best albums there is always filler which there is zero on Dogg Food

"Dogg Food" is definitely better than any Jay album. I fuck with his music though. Grew up kind of hating him like everybody in my neighborhood did for whatever reason. "Reasonable Doubt" is one of his albums I can listen to without skipping anything. Do you like that one?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2022, 11:32:02 AM »
"Dogg Food" is definitely better than any Jay album. I fuck with his music though. Grew up kind of hating him like everybody in my neighborhood did for whatever reason. "Reasonable Doubt" is one of his albums I can listen to without skipping anything. Do you like that one?

yeah Reasonable Doubt is probably his best

"Where Im From" is my probably my favorite joint from him though from his 2nd album

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2022, 11:38:16 AM »

i don’t go for any hoax

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2022, 12:38:42 PM »

Co-sign as always

This is starting to get weird...like my doppelgänger or something...same age and grew up on the same music and the same taste when it comes to rap