Author Topic: 5 Songs Dre Wrote For Others  (Read 340 times)

Dee Tha AK

5 Songs Dre Wrote For Others
« on: October 09, 2022, 07:18:55 AM »
https://americansongwriter.com/5-songs-you-didnt-know-dr-dre-wrote-for-other-artists/

What does it take 3+ people to write one song? & since when is dr.dre a Songwriter, he always had ghostwriters himself?

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

HighEyeCue

Re: 5 Songs Dre Wrote For Others
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 09:29:37 AM »
https://americansongwriter.com/5-songs-you-didnt-know-dr-dre-wrote-for-other-artists/

What does it take 3+ people to write one song? & since when is dr.dre a Songwriter, he always had ghostwriters himself?

interesting find...its well known that Dre has ghostwriters but maybe he had a hand in some of these tracks lyrically speaking

as far as taking 3 people to write a song Snoop and DPG has practiced this forever

Okka

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 09:53:44 AM »

MC Ren said Dre wrote "Eazier Said Than Dunn" for Eazy. Never heard of Dre writing on these songs though.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 10:34:34 AM »
MC Ren said Dre wrote "Eazier Said Than Dunn" for Eazy. Never heard of Dre writing on these songs though.

dre is credited as the only writer on the back cover

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 07:51:04 PM »
interesting find...its well known that Dre has ghostwriters but maybe he had a hand in some of these tracks lyrically speaking

as far as taking 3 people to write a song Snoop and DPG has practiced this forever

Yeah this is dope. Kind of skimmed the article but it looks like he didn’t pen those entire songs right?  Like maybe a few he did or just the chorus?  But he penned all of “easier said than done”.

Forgot about that Erykah track because at the rhyme I didn’t know about Erykahs relationship wit DOC so I thought they just used the beat…

On a lesser note—Snoop put in his auto-biography (which is a great read by the way) that Dre gave him the first lines to “Deep Cover” … but first he had a to ask Dre—“Hey, what’s the song even about?” And then Dre spit… “Tonights the night I get in some shit” and left snoop by himself at the crib while Dre went to the gym and when Dre came back he looked at what Snoop did and said —“we got ourselves a hit”
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 09:36:28 PM »
Maybe he is crowded as a writer on Mary J. Blige & Badu Joints cause it uses his Samples?

EAZY-LI

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2023, 01:58:32 PM »
Yeah this is dope. Kind of skimmed the article but it looks like he didn’t pen those entire songs right?  Like maybe a few he did or just the chorus?  But he penned all of “easier said than done”.

Forgot about that Erykah track because at the rhyme I didn’t know about Erykahs relationship wit DOC so I thought they just used the beat…

On a lesser note—Snoop put in his auto-biography (which is a great read by the way) that Dre gave him the first lines to “Deep Cover” … but first he had a to ask Dre—“Hey, what’s the song even about?” And then Dre spit… “Tonights the night I get in some shit” and left snoop by himself at the crib while Dre went to the gym and when Dre came back he looked at what Snoop did and said —“we got ourselves a hit”

We got our selves a hit yet dre hated the song and refused to do it live according to snoop.
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

Okka

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2023, 09:28:08 AM »
They have performed it live, but I think it's a song Dre doesn't like performing for some reason. There's footage of them doing it at The Tunnel back in 1999.

heyyou

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2023, 03:05:43 AM »

Dre would have been credited if a sample of his was used.
Often the writers of the original artists being sampled are credited - if the credits are properly stated/given.

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2023, 09:03:44 PM »
Dre would have been credited if a sample of his was used.
Often the writers of the original artists being sampled are credited - if the credits are properly stated/given.

Agreed. Sampled Artists are credited as writers.