Author Topic: Kurupt - Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha (23rd Anniversary)  (Read 727 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Kurupt - Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha (23rd Anniversary)
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2022, 07:03:42 PM »
The golden era was the Death Row run so let’s not compare it to that… but this album was another big piece of that great West Coast resurgence era that forums like this were kind of founded on.

All started when Xzibit kicked off “Bitch Please” and then continued to gain momentum. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2022, 04:05:54 AM »
The golden era was the Death Row run so let’s not compare it to that… but this album was another big piece of that great West Coast resurgence era that forums like this were kind of founded on.

All started when Xzibit kicked off “Bitch Please” and then continued to gain momentum.

yep...my very first forum I ever started lurking in was in 1999

https://web.archive.org/web/19991127163955/http://www.dre2001.com/

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2022, 08:15:51 AM »

homie then we have been knowing each other for over 20 years now.  I was a regular at that forum.  We've had these discussion many times but.. when it came to news and leaks the best site in those days was www.dreday.com; then Trauma's West Coast Killaz was my favorite forum for posting and reading comments. 

The very very very first website though I ever used regularly for hip-hop was Snoopsdogghouse that goes as far back as the release of Bad Azz Word On the Street album when I was first learning how to use e-mail.  Then Eminem's Bodyrott forum I liked but remember getting called an Em dickrider cause I actually supported Eminem on a forum dedicated to him (imagine that)

I think the first leak I ever got off the net on my own was from any of those sites (not like Napster or any widely used site but I'm talking about a site dedicated to West Coast Hip-Hop) was "Dope Beat" for Warren G's upcoming 3rd LP a bit before it actually dropped.  I thought I was on top of the world catching a leak like that.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2022, 04:22:41 AM »
homie then we have been knowing each other for over 20 years now.  I was a regular at that forum.  We've had these discussion many times but.. when it came to news and leaks the best site in those days was www.dreday.com; then Trauma's West Coast Killaz was my favorite forum for posting and reading comments. 

The very very very first website though I ever used regularly for hip-hop was Snoopsdogghouse that goes as far back as the release of Bad Azz Word On the Street album when I was first learning how to use e-mail.  Then Eminem's Bodyrott forum I liked but remember getting called an Em dickrider cause I actually supported Eminem on a forum dedicated to him (imagine that)

I think the first leak I ever got off the net on my own was from any of those sites (not like Napster or any widely used site but I'm talking about a site dedicated to West Coast Hip-Hop) was "Dope Beat" for Warren G's upcoming 3rd LP a bit before it actually dropped.  I thought I was on top of the world catching a leak like that.

yeah I remember Snoops dogghouse...I think the guy who used to run it had an account here bigsnoopdogg or something like that

WC Killaz was dope and westcoast2k had alot of unreleased audio that I downloaded back in the realplayer days lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2022, 07:24:33 AM »
yeah I remember Snoops dogghouse...I think the guy who used to run it had an account here bigsnoopdogg or something like that

WC Killaz was dope and westcoast2k had alot of unreleased audio that I downloaded back in the realplayer days lol

yep that first ever leak I caught was on real player it was "Dope Beat" off Snoop's Dogghouse.  One of the greatest dayz of my life

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2022, 08:13:52 PM »
yep that first ever leak I caught was on real player it was "Dope Beat" off Snoop's Dogghouse.  One of the greatest dayz of my life

I want it all was his last good album imo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2022, 09:21:39 AM »
I want it all was his last good album imo

Return of the Regulator had its moments.

But yeah I agree with what you sayin for the most part.

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2022, 10:39:51 PM »
yeah not once but twice on the credits for "Step Up"

Haha

lbc213

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2022, 11:29:48 AM »

Maaaaan those days, I remember when Still DRE (radio version) leaked on snoopsdogghouse. Still might have all those RAM music files on an old harddrive :D.

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2022, 08:34:04 PM »
Return of the Regulator had its moments.

But yeah I agree with what you sayin for the most part.

Yeah definitely ROTR had good Songs, CPO Boss High, Mista Grimm,etc. but it wasn't on that old skool g-funk vibe like IWIA.

Hiphopscanner.com

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2023, 12:49:48 AM »
love this album

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2023, 12:54:11 AM »
"Never gonna give it up"

Was my jam

Young Old Head

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2023, 03:20:43 AM »

Damn, crazy that u posted that – I remember being there as well, lol

The good ol' days man... DPG Recordz forum was poppin' too back then
https://web.archive.org/web/20021002230629/http://www.dpgrecordz.com/

On topic: Kurupt's best solo album.
Every DPG affiliated release between '99 and '01 is a West Coast classic to me  8)

Cash Money Blood Gang

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue, Marco, Teddy Loc

Teddy Loc

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2023, 06:55:38 PM »
"That Street Iz A.." is a classic album.

"Represent tha G.C." is my favorite.
#NoDoubt

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2023, 04:12:35 PM »

You notice only Death Row affiliated artists took off on the rebirth of the West Coast after Death Row. Anyone affiliated with the main signees of the fallen post 97 Death Row Records was swept under due to lack of distribution, label support, staff, an imprisoned executive, and unimpressive roster with no straight forward movement or direction in terms of sound - maybe production wise soundkits pre-Streetz Iz A Mutha in terms of sound sourcing from Death Row's stock sounds vault with progression in technology with sound manipulation. While on the rebirth side, all the MC's were still relatively young. The Kurupt's, The Dr. Dre's, The Snoop's, and all their affiliates coming fresh off Death Row Records. They carried the West Coast with Snoop being the second major artist off Death Row Records, but Dr. Dre being the first but dropping second with his 2001. I remember sites like OGSues, Playa P, West Coast Killaz, Matt Jory, Death Row Entertainment, WCRydaz, o2DeathRow, and others promoting this kind of material. It was an authentic time for music hype back then. The site that got me started was www.thavaults.com - that's where I began collecting. - David T. Guinn