Author Topic: Suge treatment of Kurupt 2003 vs. Suge treatment of Kurupt 1995  (Read 745 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Suge treatment of Kurupt 2003 vs. Suge treatment of Kurupt 1995
« on: December 06, 2022, 06:23:24 PM »
Aside from being blackballed--this also shows why the 2nd run of Tha Row failed--how Suge changed in jail and became more controlling and tyrannical.   Notice a huge difference in Suge's behavior--he bossin up' on Kurupt in public on this interview wit Treach, son treatment like Kurupt is Danny Boy in a skirt.  Doesn't even let him talk.  (that's Da Brat's sister too by the way)

Versus 1995 when Suge wanted his young stars to shine and stayed out of the way and had they back...You'll notice a tremendous difference in Suge being way more relaxed and cool and Kurupt much more confident

^^I actually remember seeing this interview in real time in 95' was a great time to be a head
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 06:34:31 PM by TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96' »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Re: Suge treatment of Kurupt 2003 vs. Suge treatment of Kurupt 1995
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 07:41:42 PM »
kurupt looked lost in 03

def was livin more authentic in 95

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 11:57:43 PM »
kurupt looked lost in 03

def was livin more authentic in 95

Yeah Kurupt was in his element and in his moment in 1995.  You can also see Suge is comfortable and not so eager to assert his authority or show he's the boss or big man around.  Behind close doors we now know he was doing that shit; but when it came to promotion on camera he wasn't asserting himself like that. 

Suge's whole demeanor is different in the 2003 interview, and Kurupt looks like he just got sent to the principals office or something.

Rubinho

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 03:18:09 AM »
Just a though, maybe Suge being different on Kurupt also had something to do with Kurupt's drug use?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 03:28:17 AM »
Aside from being blackballed--this also shows why the 2nd run of Tha Row failed--how Suge changed in jail and became more controlling and tyrannical.   Notice a huge difference in Suge's behavior--he bossin up' on Kurupt in public on this interview wit Treach, son treatment like Kurupt is Danny Boy in a skirt.  Doesn't even let him talk.  (that's Da Brat's sister too by the way)

Versus 1995 when Suge wanted his young stars to shine and stayed out of the way and had they back...You'll notice a tremendous difference in Suge being way more relaxed and cool and Kurupt much more confident

^^I actually remember seeing this interview in real time in 95' was a great time to be a head

I saw the BET one live and was thinking Kurupt wanted to be anywhere in the world but there...he had become a shell of his former self at the time, both on the mic and off as well

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2022, 04:17:22 AM »
I saw the BET one live and was thinking Kurupt wanted to be anywhere in the world but there...he had become a shell of his former self at the time, both on the mic and off as well

Kurupt must’ve really needed the 4 million.

Reggie Wright was in a recent interview and he said they sold the Death Row rights of 2pacs Better Dayz to get Kurupt his 4 million—so it’s almost as if Pac around 6 years after his Death was getting Kurupt the 4 million Death Row owed him.

The Death Row logo was still on Better Dayz but it was basically sold the Estate.

Thats what Reggie said anyway.

Okka

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2022, 06:19:30 AM »
Kurupt must’ve really needed the 4 million.

Reggie Wright was in a recent interview and he said they sold the Death Row rights of 2pacs Better Dayz to get Kurupt his 4 million—so it’s almost as if Pac around 6 years after his Death was getting Kurupt the 4 million Death Row owed him.

The Death Row logo was still on Better Dayz but it was basically sold the Estate.

Thats what Reggie said anyway.

Kurupt’s reason for the move was mainly financial. Antra records filed for bankruptcy which left Kurupt possibly left without a home. He was struggling financially and was at his lowest point. Suge knew this and similar to how he did Tupac, sold him a position and a pipe dream in exchange to use their talent to extract revenge for personal gratification.

A nice sum up of what happened.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2022, 08:31:41 AM »
A nice sum up of what happened.

That doesn’t sum it up at all.  For Kurupt or 2pac.

The 96’ Suge loved Pac and he paid Pac.  Pac was rich way before his albums recooped.  Suge also had love for Kurupt in the mid 90s and Kurupt didn’t return only for money—-Daz and Kurupt looked up to Suge and believed in him.

But instead Suge wasn’t the same Suge.  He let Kurupt down.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 11:27:11 AM »
Kurupt had to do what he did to feed his family after the Antra situation, I really don't blame him at all

Suge is another story

The following users thanked this post: Dee Tha AK

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2022, 06:55:39 PM »
Kurupt had to do what he did to feed his family after the Antra situation, I really don't blame him at all

Suge is another story

I blame Kurupt for disloyalty to DPG.

I think we forget at dubcc that regular music fans don’t even know who Kurupt is and don’t even know who Daz is.  The real reason Dogg Food sold 2 million was because of Snoop.  Snoop was the biggest artist in the world at that time and he’d been reppin DPG so far it was HIS group.  It’s like D-12 Devils Night sold 2 million.  How much would that have sold without Eminem?  Not even gold.

So you can’t turn your back on Snoop like that and Karma hit Kurupt so hard he never sounded good on the mic ever again after Space Boogie.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2022, 07:17:00 AM »
I blame Kurupt for disloyalty to DPG.

I think we forget at dubcc that regular music fans don’t even know who Kurupt is and don’t even know who Daz is.  The real reason Dogg Food sold 2 million was because of Snoop.  Snoop was the biggest artist in the world at that time and he’d been reppin DPG so far it was HIS group.  It’s like D-12 Devils Night sold 2 million.  How much would that have sold without Eminem?  Not even gold.

So you can’t turn your back on Snoop like that and Karma hit Kurupt so hard he never sounded good on the mic ever again after Space Boogie.

Kurupt ultimately chose his family over anything, I cant be mad at that even though I do see your point about the betrayal and karma

I think though that Kurupt was on a downward spiral before even Space Boogie, mostly due to his alcohol addiction which became worse as the years went by

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2022, 12:38:06 AM »
Kurupt ultimately chose his family over anything, I cant be mad at that even though I do see your point about the betrayal and karma

I think though that Kurupt was on a downward spiral before even Space Boogie, mostly due to his alcohol addiction which became worse as the years went by

Fred Wreck hooked him up on Space Boogie--he may not have been at the top of his game but that album banged!!!!!!

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

HighEyeCue

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2022, 03:06:31 AM »
Fred Wreck hooked him up on Space Boogie--he may not have been at the top of his game but that album banged!!!!!!

Fred Wreck was the MVP of that album...this was one of my favorites

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2022, 03:42:05 AM »
Kurupt even was VP of Tha Row lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2022, 04:02:08 AM »
Fred Wreck was the MVP of that album...this was one of my favorites

NO Doubt!!!

and Xzibit killed it on that track