Author Topic: Lost Boyz - Music Makes Me High FT - The Dogg Pound & Canibus  (Read 159 times)

Hiphopscanner.com

HighEyeCue

Re: Lost Boyz - Music Makes Me High FT - The Dogg Pound & Canibus
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 04:06:57 AM »
Kurupt has used his "Started" verses numerous times including this one

b.laden

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 11:58:44 AM »
 the song is so good.
DPG sounds very good with east coast rappers.
Lost Boyz is so underrated .,RIP  Freaky Tah

D-TalkX

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 02:45:10 PM »
One of my fav tracks. Video was fire with all those tig ol bitties around the pool

Dee Tha AK

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 08:16:36 PM »
RIP Freaky Yah

"Renee" is classic

MMMH is not such a great track, just a good lineup.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 02:54:30 AM »
Kurupt has used his "Started" verses numerous times including this one

Which tracks?  And what is the original?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 07:51:08 PM »
RIP Freaky Yah

"Renee" is classic

MMMH is not such a great track, just a good lineup.

yeah man.. "Renee" is such a legendary track from a legendary time--I took the East/West beef seriously, but Lost Boyz was one of the East Coast acts I was a big fan of in that era... then suddenly I see them on track with the Dogg Pound which worked out perfect for me because that was like my two favorite crews from both coasts getting together on a track during the height of the East/West beef they were homies.  It was also part of the classic 96' Rhyme and Reason documentary which caught the golden age of rap on film just before its decline.

So I had the same taste in music as my favorite artists out West--because clearly they all had respect for the Lost Boyz.  Legal Drug Money wasn't really an album I'd listen to beginning to end--but god damn those singles/videos released from it were some of the biggest bangers in rap history I still bump to this day.  "Jeeps...", "Lifestylez" holy shit man those videos are hype.  Prodigy of Mob Deep describes them as a Queensbridge gang that decided to be a rap group--like they were a gang first and rappers second.  Whereas, Dogg Pound was like a rap group first and then gang second.

"Renea" was a video they used to play on YOMTVRaps midnights on the weekend, greatest show in television history. 

By the way, there's an epic story if you guys ever check out Prodigy's book, about a knife fight between the Lost Boyz and Mob Deep in Queensbridge its like some shit straight out of the Wild Wild West you would think it was a movie but it really happened. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 07:56:17 PM by TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96' »

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

D-TalkX

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 10:36:15 PM »
yeah man.. "Renee" is such a legendary track from a legendary time--I took the East/West beef seriously, but Lost Boyz was one of the East Coast acts I was a big fan of in that era... then suddenly I see them on track with the Dogg Pound which worked out perfect for me because that was like my two favorite crews from both coasts getting together on a track during the height of the East/West beef they were homies.  It was also part of the classic 96' Rhyme and Reason documentary which caught the golden age of rap on film just before its decline.

So I had the same taste in music as my favorite artists out West--because clearly they all had respect for the Lost Boyz.  Legal Drug Money wasn't really an album I'd listen to beginning to end--but god damn those singles/videos released from it were some of the biggest bangers in rap history I still bump to this day.  "Jeeps...", "Lifestylez" holy shit man those videos are hype.  Prodigy of Mob Deep describes them as a Queensbridge gang that decided to be a rap group--like they were a gang first and rappers second.  Whereas, Dogg Pound was like a rap group first and then gang second.

"Renea" was a video they used to play on YOMTVRaps midnights on the weekend, greatest show in television history. 

By the way, there's an epic story if you guys ever check out Prodigy's book, about a knife fight between the Lost Boyz and Mob Deep in Queensbridge its like some shit straight out of the Wild Wild West you would think it was a movie but it really happened.

Legal Drug Money!!!! Classic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2023, 12:29:26 AM »

Legal Drug Money!!!! Classic

yeah man that shit was so fire.