Author Topic: Is 50 cent overshadowing Eminem?  (Read 497 times)

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
Re:Is 50 cent overshadowing Eminem?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2003, 05:43:52 AM »
It all comes down to if eminem can maintain what he's doing. If Eminem's next LP is put out and it is demmed better than 50s GTODT then eminem's new LP then eminem will be pushed straight back into the limelight... If its not (which i doubtful) i think 50Cent will eventully be the new face (in the public eye) on Shady Records. Although we are all overlooking Obie Trice... He could be a very big hit...

PLANT

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2003, 08:04:33 AM »
Another thing to add:   As long as 50 is part of Shady/Aftyermath and has Dre and Eminem supplying beats for him, I see 50 going nowhere...

Someone compared 50 to DMX and said he will fall off, but DMX never had Eminem and Dr. Dre behind him.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2003, 10:05:12 AM »
Eminem's next album will be just as big.  He'll probably sell another 8 million, minimum 4 million (that's if he only has 1 single).  

I see no reason not to believe that his next album will be his best and still put up huge numbers.

Sub-Z

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2003, 10:07:13 AM »
all i can say is ill be glad when both disappear off the face of the earth

::) Still hurt from the Everlast-feud ?? This can't be healthy..  :P

nice theory,but ive hated eminem long before that went down

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2003, 10:09:10 AM »
eminem will do fine. 50 cent won't do better anymore as he did with 'get rich...'

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2003, 10:18:06 AM »
agree to the fullest. the dickriding of these 2 has surpassed snoops on the westcoast board.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

KVB

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2003, 10:40:05 AM »
I predict 50's star will fade soon. He is at best an above average rapper, who became a multiplatinum artist because of his connections to Eminem & Dr. Dre. He has sold 4 million records, but doesn't have the talent to hang with the rap elite. His career will be like the Ja Rule's & DMX's... media's favorite for a few years, then eventually fall back from the spotlight. I can't see Eminem going anywhere, though. Most likely, he will continue to put out multi-platinum albums until the day he retires, with every release from his Shady/Aftermath empire going double platinum at least. Everything with his name on it sells these days... It's fucked up but that's the way it is. Peace

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2003, 12:13:18 PM »
-DMX fell off, but he put out 3 pretty tight albums, you cant forget that.

-50 Cent isn't as good as he seems right now.  Without Em and Dre he would just be an above average East Coast rapper.  But with Dre and Em's beats he can still make some pretty hot tracks.  I think his next one or two albums will still sell, but then he will fall off unless he miraculously improves as a lyracist like Eminem has.

-I don't see Em falling off until he retires.  Some people say his old stuff is better than his new stuff, but I think he has just gotten better and better (although I love his old shit) and will continue to do so until he throws in the towel.

peace
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2003, 12:19:35 PM »
I think 50's shine is more temporary...Em's will be more consistent over the long run.

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2003, 12:42:59 PM »
nah 50 is goin end up like DMX.  DMX pushed crazy units with his 1st 2 albums an its been down hill ever since.  He still goin plat but aint seeing the sucess of his 1st album.  Thats goin be 50.  50 mos likely never see the sucess he is seeing again in his career.  on to em.  if this is em's last album like he says its goin be ,  i think its goin be a classic.  See he's has to go pop on his albums to continue selling.  even if he didnt he still sell but he sell more with his pop appeal.  See this is his last album,  it will sell but there is no need to put out pop hits to keep the pop crowd.  I think hes goin come with just hip hop a put out a tru classic hip hop knows he is capable of putting out

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2003, 12:55:22 PM »
I think 50's shine is more temporary...Em's will be more consistent over the long run.

That's what people thought about Eminem homie..
And Em's still here pushing more unit's and still blowing peep's away with his talent. years later, after being written off by alot of peep's as being a candidate for a flash in the pan.

+ I think 50 cent is already bigger than just the dude who rides with Dre & Em, ImO...he's alredy created a buzz so big at the moment that no matter who he rides with his record's will fly off the shelf, from now on.
If his Shady/Aftermath ties were to be severed today...I think 50 would still sell no matter what. The guy's got that special extra needed to be a star....

Em's just gonna sit back and make that doe..
And 50's gonna continue to climb, I don't see G-unit going anywhere homies. Dude has just scratched the surface.
We got ton's of track's...
but I still think the best of 50 is yet to come.

Hatesrats 2oooTre

P.S. I don't consider 50 the best, just one of the more consistent rapper's left in the game...when his name is attached it's almost guaranteed 90% fire. The dude can do no wrong right now. Let's see where the card's take both of them.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2003, 01:34:05 PM »
we all know why eminem sells 8-10 million recs every time he comes out, cuz his white........u  dont gotta be a genious to know and even groupies can deny but deep dwn know thats truth...........HE SAID IT HIMSELF....but as far as talent goes, no doubt eminem has loads.......

anyways...........2003........eminem has been outshined by 50 cent by far...........but then again the nigga has outshined everyone this year by far and in da club is jus beyond huge, its the anthem of the year already......eminem wanted 50 to blow up so did dre, but i dont think they wanted him to oversahdow them........which he has been doin this year, cuz his on the mouth of everyone alot mo then eminem and dre keeps a low profile anyway, so thats all good........

but as long as 50 cent is on aftermath n shady n keeps sellin 3-4 million copies of his album, his gonna get bigger n bigger...........as long as dre supplyin him with beats..........if eminem produces or doesnt on his album dont matta, most cats dont like his production anyways, they rather see him rap on a joint.......and that gives 50 cent mo sales to.....

id say, on the eastcoast, 50 is already become the biggest star on that side since biggy n dmx..............only time will tell if he can keep it goin...........but with dre behind him, who can say he wont......dre is a fuckin genious

as fo eminem.........he the boss of shady recs, and he gone continue to come out with dope albums cuz again, he as he has on his other three joints done on aftermath, got dre ex producin his joint and wont let nuttin wack come out on aftermath...i jus wish he does mo production on this joint then the last one! and of course he gone sell......the next crop of lil young suburb kids are gon want they mommies to buy them the joint for the first single and then his already gotta fan base which is huge.....

so basically.........

50 cent is gon stay big imo.......

eminem is gon stay big imo......

BUT quality wise.............no dre..........no great album for both kats........jus a personal opinion....well it'll be alot harder for them to come with great albums anyway

peace
« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 01:34:34 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

White-Chocolate

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Live My Life A Legend Immortalized By Lyric'Z
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2003, 01:39:13 PM »
i still think eminem is lyrically better then 50 an when 'Em drops his next single it will be back to all eyez on him again and i agree that 50's next cd is probably not going to sell as good as the last, i will still buy it an all but lots of the mainstream hip hoppers hopped on his last album but i dont think 'Em has any problems with being overshadowed
Look Into TheZe EyeZ, What Do U C? That'Z Right, Nothing, I'm A Mystery
White-Chocolate
Westsiiide Riidah
The GAME Ain't the SAME A Damn SHAME

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2003, 01:39:25 PM »

100% agreed!

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2003, 01:41:48 PM »

Dope talk..
another round' of proper's for everyone.

Let's keep it burining
Hatesrats 2oooTre