Author Topic: New DJ Quik Single 'Class' Out Now!  (Read 1612 times)

Sccit

Re: New DJ Quik Single 'Class' Out Now!
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2023, 07:59:25 AM »
what you guys saying, the track is garbage the beat is over produced with that annoying sample, and the lyrics come on 5 year old can write better lyrics, come on people this isn't good

classic dan .. lol .. and still haven’t supported torpor neither

:francis:

dan9700

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2023, 01:24:10 PM »
Lyrics…

Still make bangers but I don't bang
Sometimes rhyme, then I sang

Is this the best he could come up with lol

DJSpin

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2023, 06:18:59 PM »
Track goes hard

BJV

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2023, 08:05:10 PM »
Lyrics…

Still make bangers but I don't bang
Sometimes rhyme, then I sang

Is this the best he could come up with lol

Yeah he's DJ Quik not Rakim.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, Hellquist

D-TalkX

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2023, 10:08:08 PM »
Love Quik and looking forward to the album….but…. 😬.this is not a good song…damn. Hope the next one is better.

-Davizz-

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2023, 08:12:12 AM »
I can agree that lyrics wise it's not too elaborated, but he's not called DJ Shakespeare, I'm just happy that he has a more mature flow and voice, something that he has done from time to time also in the past (especially on B&O).
The production is on point, the way he handled the sample of "This Love's For Real" by The Impressions is interesting, I appreciated also the scratches.
Looking forward for the 10th album, it's on!

k1000

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2023, 11:36:55 AM »
i instantly liked the song. dont know why.

i wonder if Quik's voice is filtered, u know, like when Madlib raps with his Quasimoto voice.

Az

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2023, 05:29:48 AM »
LAME track

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2023, 11:14:35 AM »
Dope track

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

teecee

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2023, 07:15:44 PM »
Wow has this grown on me.   Just unreal production…sample is dope and what Quik does with it is perfect.   His voice has grown on me and while the lyrics are juvenile, the song overall is incredible IMO

astra4322

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2023, 08:59:18 PM »
Quik has a post on IG saying - cath the album this summer. I thought it will be released in May :P

Elko.

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2023, 09:54:21 PM »
This was a good single. A nice throwaway, I just feel kinda awkward listening to a 50 sum year old talk about a female spitting on it and dropping it low. Aside from that, it’s soulful and it’s a step in the right direction. Somebody here mentioned it sounds like Blaqkout and I agree. That being said, it’s long overdue and if the album sounds anything like this, then it’ll surpass Midnight Life without a doubt. Quik lyrics always stand out when they’re personal or dropping gems, so it would be good to hear him be more candid on the mic.

Al Bundy

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2023, 10:18:13 PM »
what you guys saying, the track is garbage the beat is over produced with that annoying sample, and the lyrics come on 5 year old can write better lyrics, come on people this isn't good

Safe+Sound

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2023, 01:59:18 PM »
This is the worst I've ever heard from Quik since the Fixxers. Holy shit. Everything about this record is just wrong. How this is actually the same person that made Safe + Sound, Way 2 Fonky, Quik Is The Name, Balance & Options, Rhythmalism, Under The Influence, Trauma, Street Gospel, and The New Testament is mind-blowing.  ???

P.S. For all you flat-earth half-whits still lurking about in this forum who can't do math to disprove your primary school idea here on the ground, here's an opportunity to put your money where your mouth is. Start saving up now:

Zephalto is making reaching the stratosphere more accessible than ever. The French Agency introduced its Celeste, a low-carbon space balloon designed to take passengers through the Earth's atmosphere. Up to six guests will board the 215-square-foot balloon and ascend nearly 100,000 feet off the ground for three hours. They can then take in panoramic views of Earth and dark space through the largest window on the market. The final part of the journey is a 90-minute descent back down to Earth. Flights are expected to launch in 2025.

https://www.zephalto.com/ 

k1000

« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2023, 02:52:14 AM »
This is the worst I've ever heard from Quik since the Fixxers.

The Fixxers was good