Author Topic: What is it about Kurupt “Ask Yourself The Question” that’s so great??  (Read 616 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
exactly

it was...Buckshot and Kurupt 8)

I just found out like a few weeks ago that the song was released as a single and there's an official video for it, lol
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

I just found out like a few weeks ago that the song was released as a single and there's an official video for it, lol

another track with Buckshot and Kurupt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
another track with Buckshot and Kurupt

This is better than "Light it Up" in my opinion, but definitely not because of Kurupt.  It's like he's not even trying. 

wasn't a fan of "Light it up" and really Buckshot's sound doesn't mix with the west.  The whole O.G.C. Boot Camp, Duck Down fam is some of the best shit ever out east but nothing really came out of the sessions with 2pac and I don't think much came out of the sessions with Kurupt either.

Some styles don't mix.  They are good with their own fam and crew but like Slick Rick says "Everybody got their props, and good at what they do, but sometimes when you mix this with this it just don't work."

HighEyeCue

This is better than "Light it Up" in my opinion, but definitely not because of Kurupt.  It's like he's not even trying. 

wasn't a fan of "Light it up" and really Buckshot's sound doesn't mix with the west.  The whole O.G.C. Boot Camp, Duck Down fam is some of the best shit ever out east but nothing really came out of the sessions with 2pac and I don't think much came out of the sessions with Kurupt either.

Some styles don't mix.  They are good with their own fam and crew but like Slick Rick says "Everybody got their props, and good at what they do, but sometimes when you mix this with this it just don't work."

when you got a guest verse from Kurupt in '98 you didn't know which version you were going to get...the one on this track or the one on songs like "Tru Master" and the "You Know My Steez" remix...very inconsistent

• Muthafuckin' Don!
when you got a guest verse from Kurupt in '98 you didn't know which version you were going to get...the one on this track or the one on songs like "Tru Master" and the "You Know My Steez" remix...very inconsistent

Exactly.. and that was what everyone complained about with the Kuruption album as well.  That sometimes it seems like he wasn't even trying.  He obviously still had skills because you don't go from the Kurupt on Doggfather and on RRGB to suddenly having nothing only a year later--so he still had it in him like the way he was spittin on "Ask Yourself the Question" but then on the other hand you got him and Nore gettin served a banger on the "Freak It" remix with a great beat and hook--and both of them are so fuccin arrogant they think they can just walk in and spit whatever and people will like it, and nobody in the room to demand they put down their A game or rewrite their shit if it ain't dope.

...You could tell he missed having Suge put a foot in his ass, or having Daz to compete with, or Dre to demand perfection.

Corleone Diamonds

Word.

There was a project w Mannie Fresh & Mos Def

In the 90s you would never hear them together

Two totally different styles

But now?

$$$

Fonky Fresh

My guess is you're getting old, slow beat/flow, your neurons being what they are with all the smoking you did priors years, feels like now you can appreciate it better :) .That's my take
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Corleone Diamonds

My guess is you're getting old, slow beat/flow, your neurons being what they are with all the smoking you did priors years, feels like now you can appreciate it better :) .That's my take

you talking  to me?