Author Topic: RORY REDMON, SCCIT & RBX - MAC DRE  (Read 228 times)

Al Bundy

Re: RORY REDMON, SCCIT & RBX - MAC DRE
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2023, 10:50:23 PM »
interesting thoughts, this was done by brian big bass gardner same way we did torpor

we went through tons of mixes, tests on different systems side by side while comparing to still DRE to get it to that level of clarity on instrumentation and vocals

spotify definitely dumbed down the quality a lot so that might be what you’re hearing.. much more flat on there than the og master

Spotify encodes their music in OGG format, which is lossy. Tidal and Qobuz do not use lossy formats. Torpor was not messed up on those services.

astra4322

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2023, 11:45:51 PM »
Spotify encodes their music in OGG format, which is lossy. Tidal and Qobuz do not use lossy formats. Torpor was not messed up on those services.

What about Apple Music?

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2023, 01:10:26 AM »

yea, tidal is what i usually recommend for those who don’t buy physical

and i knew spotify was trash, but i didn’t realize how bad it was until now

they compressed the song in a way where you lose so much of the beat

it’s mind-boggling how they remain the biggest streaming service

:francis:

Suga Foot

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2023, 08:10:37 PM »
So I'm driving around by myself on Saturday....listening to my "Release Radar" on Spotify....and this song comes on..I check to see who it is and I see Sccit!  It put a big smile on my face.  So cool to see how far you've come.   8)

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2023, 09:14:29 PM »
So I'm driving around by myself on Saturday....listening to my "Release Radar" on Spotify....and this song comes on..I check to see who it is and I see Sccit!  It put a big smile on my face.  So cool to see how far you've come.   8)

OG SUGA FOOT!

:salute: