Author Topic: DJ Yella Produced Bone "For the Love of Money" was Jewell track from 1991 !!  (Read 1062 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Just kind of always thought U-Neek was Bone's producer and didn't realize till today that Yella produced on their breakthrough EP Creepin On A Come Up -- including he produced "Foe the Love of Money" which was a track that had already been released in o.g form by Yella and Jewell for some group in 1991 that I'd never heard of with a strange name Yomo and Maulkin??  How come none of this has ever been mentioned??  How did Jewell get clearance to appear on the Bone album during the middle of the Death Row Eazy E beef?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 03:22:09 AM by TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96' »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

interesting .. howd u find that track?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
interesting .. howd u find that track?

I was looking at the wikipedia page for Creepin On A Come Up

Sccit

I was looking at the wikipedia page for Creepin On A Come Up

never knew foe the luv of money was a remake …. u learn something new every day

HighEyeCue

Just kind of always thought U-Neek was Bone's producer and didn't realize till today that Yella produced on their breakthrough EP Creepin On A Come Up -- including he produced "Foe the Love of Money" which was a track that had already been released in o.g form by Yella and Jewell for some group in 1991 that I'd never heard of with a strange name Yomo and Maulkin??  How come none of this has ever been mentioned??  How did Jewell get clearance to appear on the Bone album during the middle of the Death Row Eazy E beef?

never knew this as well...nice find 8)

never knew foe the luv of money was a remake …. u learn something new every day

yeah I just found out that Rhythm D was originally on Death Row before Ruthless

BJV

Yeah I had this Yomo & Maulkie album on cd when I collected all Ruthless albums back in the day.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie

It's been mentioned many times over the past 30 years.  Pretty common knowledge if you were a Ruthless fan.  Yomo and Maulkie is the group, Are You Experienced is the album.  But still cool you learned something new today.  I was pretty pumped when i first found out about it back in 1996. Neat little fact that in the height of the Ruthless/Death Row beef, Jewell, one of Death Row's artists, was on a Ruthless album. 

The following users thanked this post: Marco

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It's been mentioned many times over the past 30 years.  Pretty common knowledge if you were a Ruthless fan.  Yomo and Maulkie is the group, Are You Experienced is the album.  But still cool you learned something new today.  I was pretty pumped when i first found out about it back in 1996. Neat little fact that in the height of the Ruthless/Death Row beef, Jewell, one of Death Row's artists, was on a Ruthless album.

dope

DJSpin

It’s great to see all these young gunz discovering classic west coast rap history for the first time. Like the other dude said, you should really take a dive into The Whole ruthless catalog.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It’s great to see all these young gunz discovering classic west coast rap history for the first time. Like the other dude said, you should really take a dive into The Whole ruthless catalog.

The way Ruthless was signing artists didn’t really make sense to me.  They got some surprising names and a lot of acts we never heard from that aren’t even from the gangsta rap or even rap genre that were signed to Ruthless

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
The way Ruthless was signing artists didn’t really make sense to me.  They got some surprising names and a lot of acts we never heard from that aren’t even from the gangsta rap or even rap genre that were signed to Ruthless

Eazy was a visionary. He wanted Ruthless to be much more than a gangster rap label. Bone and Eazy’s next album getting into the occult subject matter was way ahead of its time. Eazy was a big horror fan.

BJV

Black Eyed Peas were also signed to Ruthless under the name ATBAN Klann you should check their album if you have a chance it was recorded in 1993/1994 and kinda sounds like a westcoast Tribe Called Quest.

The Predator

Mo from the group was Maulkie, Cube subbed him on to replace J-Dee as the Lench Mob lead rapper on 'Planet Of the Apes'.
Can ya all believe it, Yellas' version of 'Love for Money' is superior to Dre's.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Mo from the group was Maulkie, Cube subbed him on to replace J-Dee as the Lench Mob lead rapper on 'Planet Of the Apes'.
Can ya all believe it, Yellas' version of 'Love for Money' is superior to Dre's.

Do you think Dre had to go through Yella or Bone for the sample?

…I think both are great but I give the nod to the Bone version as well but more so because that was Bone in their prime.

Death Row Knightmare

• 'G'
The reason this exist is because Death Row Records artists were bouncing between Ruthless Records and Death Row Records/Interscope Records. Rhythm D did this, Jewell did, MC Ren, and Above The Law did this too. He only had left Michel'le in contract, Dre Vocals, DJ Yella - so that's the era of where this really comes from.