Author Topic: EZ Mil feat Eminem - The Realest  (Read 914 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: EZ Mil feat Eminem - The Realest
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2023, 11:36:15 PM »
Man, how good that it's just yours subjective opinions on how the music feels. If I ever have to take anyone's opinion to heart, it will be legends like Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, LL Cool J, Chuck D, Treach who all claim Eminem is one of their Goats...

Em is one of my goats too I have him ranked as greatest rapper in history behind Pac.  I just said I don’t feel his new shit the same way
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2023, 05:58:02 PM »
Of course it doesn't.  They are both 50 years old now.  I can't think of one artist in rap or any genre that got considerably better as they got older.  Luther, maybe?  There is always something new and shiny coming along.

I don't hate the new song.  It is not a classic, but it is pretty decent.  It is remarkable that Eminem is still making platinum music at 50 years.

as u age you naturally lose hunger.. less stamina, lower energy. all a big part of bein a great rapper. that’s why most rappers are able to maintain their technical skill while losing that umph behind the flows that they had when they were comin up.

the only way to save that classic feel is wit a great producer who uses his own hunger to salvage that energy and can help guide the rapper in that same direction wit the production.

heisenberg

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2023, 03:00:01 PM »

nas is in a different category as he hasn’t really deviated much from his original style

eminem has become extremely monotone, predicated on displaying technical skill mechanically and he’s basically become an entirely different rapper than prime em

like i said, it’s not bad bro ….. but a far cry from his classic work, which was all soul driven music

em pen is still untouchable

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2023, 10:21:39 PM »
as u age you naturally lose hunger.. less stamina, lower energy. all a big part of bein a great rapper. that’s why most rappers are able to maintain their technical skill while losing that umph behind the flows that they had when they were comin up.

the only way to save that classic feel is wit a great producer who uses his own hunger to salvage that energy and can help guide the rapper in that same direction wit the production.

Well yeah man I mean we could write a whole book on why a rapper ain’t the same at 40 as he is at 20 I mean there are a ton of reasons.  Still the funniest thing ever is if you go back and watch that classic Rhyme and Reason documentary from 1996 and see Too Short throwing his “retirement party” because back then they thought 29 meant you were over the hill as a rapper, lol

Cause honestly hiphop was so young we’d never seen a post 30 rapper do great.  The closest was LL but he was seen like a sell out just makin songs for women with R&B hooks.  Once again it was really Dre that broke down the doors on that when he came with his second album 💿 in 1999 and then Nas came with his big comeback album Stillmatic in 2001 — really after that we started to believe rappers could still do it big in their 30’s. 

heisenberg

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2023, 09:35:54 AM »
Well yeah man I mean we could write a whole book on why a rapper ain’t the same at 40 as he is at 20 I mean there are a ton of reasons.  Still the funniest thing ever is if you go back and watch that classic Rhyme and Reason documentary from 1996 and see Too Short throwing his “retirement party” because back then they thought 29 meant you were over the hill as a rapper, lol

Cause honestly hiphop was so young we’d never seen a post 30 rapper do great.  The closest was LL but he was seen like a sell out just makin songs for women with R&B hooks.  Once again it was really Dre that broke down the doors on that when he came with his second album 💿 in 1999 and then Nas came with his big comeback album Stillmatic in 2001 — really after that we started to believe rappers could still do it big in their 30’s.

nas comeback in 2001 what? nastradamus and iam came out in 1999.

Jay_J

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2023, 11:54:40 AM »
yeah, i am... was one of his best albums. stillmatic was also a classic.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2023, 12:02:16 PM »
nas comeback in 2001 what? nastradamus and iam came out in 1999.

and they sucked

heisenberg

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2023, 02:14:42 PM »
and they sucked

thats not the point comeback is from someone retired or with no release since years, 2 years specially at that time is nothing.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2023, 09:21:59 PM »
thats not the point comeback is from someone retired or with no release since years, 2 years specially at that time is nothing.

that's splitting hairs... a lot of people said and I think maybe even Nas himself said that Nas had kind of fallen off and Nastradaumus album was a critical failure, some had said that on I Am and Nastradaumus that the real album had leaked and so Nas had to go in and rush to come up with other material and that Jay-Z came in during that time and went at Nas and took the NY crown from him and that lit a fire under Nas and then he came back with Stillmatic and reclaimed the crown...

...come on I'm not making that up, anyone who was around at the time can remember all that.  If you could find any Source, Vibe, Murder Dog, XXL magazine at the time Stillmatic was released that was the narrative they were using for the Stillmatic album that it was Nas big comeback album to fire back at Jay-Z and reclaim the crown (after having fallen off)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2023, 08:45:07 AM »
Biggest problem with Eminem is his flaws have become more apparent as he ages as have his strengths - his writing is still very strong but it’s almost tone deaf to the beat - Kendrick Lamar when he pens shit it’s extraordinary but it still sounds melodic in terms of it being music still whereas Eminems flaw of not really being musically connected is obvious  as he ages - dude hasn’t put out a dope album is forever though he does have a dope joint here and there - in fact some of his beats from his team are better than dre beats these days and that’s mind blowing to me who always thought eminem beats were basically mid at best and dre always been a pioneer - dre sounds like he need to attach himself to some talented niggas again instead of the garbage he got in with him right now whereas eminem at least the people who he came up with in terms of being solid on the keys etc are still there - ez mills might actually have a chance at releasing something - unlike a lot of cats at aftermath back in the day who came to get dr beats he is like Anderson Paak and Kendrick in that he don’t need a dre beat to make it - he already establishing himself - it’s more like being signed to aftermath and Eminem is about access more now than music - look at Kendrick - the first nigga dre ain’t really do nothing for musically - even if he wanted to Kendrick might have been on some if it’s mid it ain’t coming on my album just cuz your name dr dre - you hear the gta 5 music LOL if that is what dre is now beats wise stay away - Kendrick a goat without dre shit - eminem a goat too but musically he never been natural like a jay z (not saying he’s necessarily less overall just different) -

Anyway not feeling Eminems verse on this - sounds like another repeat verse just on a diff beat, almost like he didn’t even hear the beat, like the switch up to the faster stuff sounded so forced - wasn’t feeling it  - best overall eminem joint I heard in recent times was that joint with snoop for my tastes

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2023, 09:15:13 AM »
Biggest problem with Eminem is his flaws have become more apparent as he ages as have his strengths - his writing is still very strong but it’s almost tone deaf to the beat - Kendrick Lamar when he pens shit it’s extraordinary but it still sounds melodic in terms of it being music still whereas Eminems flaw of not really being musically connected is obvious  as he ages - dude hasn’t put out a dope album is forever though he does have a dope joint here and there - in fact some of his beats from his team are better than dre beats these days and that’s mind blowing to me who always thought eminem beats were basically mid at best and dre always been a pioneer - dre sounds like he need to attach himself to some talented niggas again instead of the garbage he got in with him right now whereas eminem at least the people who he came up with in terms of being solid on the keys etc are still there - ez mills might actually have a chance at releasing something - unlike a lot of cats at aftermath back in the day who came to get dr beats he is like Anderson Paak and Kendrick in that he don’t need a dre beat to make it - he already establishing himself - it’s more like being signed to aftermath and Eminem is about access more now than music - look at Kendrick - the first nigga dre ain’t really do nothing for musically - even if he wanted to Kendrick might have been on some if it’s mid it ain’t coming on my album just cuz your name dr dre - you hear the gta 5 music LOL if that is what dre is now beats wise stay away - Kendrick a goat without dre shit - eminem a goat too but musically he never been natural like a jay z (not saying he’s necessarily less overall just different) -

Anyway not feeling Eminems verse on this - sounds like another repeat verse just on a diff beat, almost like he didn’t even hear the beat, like the switch up to the faster stuff sounded so forced - wasn’t feeling it  - best overall eminem joint I heard in recent times was that joint with snoop for my tastes

yea that recent em and snoop joint is the closest to old em we’ve gotten in a while