Author Topic: BLUNT TIME WAS ORIGINALLY A 2PAC SONG FEATURING METHOD MAN & LADY OF RAGE  (Read 861 times)

Sccit

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Holy fucc man.. can you imagine??   Pac and Rage on that joint??

That’s still to this day one of the most underrated tracks in rap history, it should’ve been a smokers anthem played in weed spots all over.

That Aftermath Presents album was so damn far ahead of its time by light years—I think they just made Dre rush the release cause Busta was supposed to be on “Fame” and there were a few weak joints Dre said were just demos that could’ve been left off and replaced, but the Mel-Man, RBX, King T, Group Therapy, and Nationowl joints on there are so next level it went over most folks heads.  I still bump this more than any of Dre’s solo albums

(Btw, edit, lol, I wrote “light years”, forgot I don’t believe in “light years” anymore, damn I’m promoting their space propaganda nonsense without even knowin, lol.  There’s no such thing as light years and the concept is asinine to anyone who thinks for themselves)
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX, Hellquist

Jay_J

we do not know if it has same beat with rbx's. or do we?

BJV

It should be the same beat. Pac was offered a couple of Dre beats when he came in. Can't C Me was originally a Dogg Pound track.

Jay_J

It should be the same beat. Pac was offered a couple of Dre beats when he came in. Can't C Me was originally a Dogg Pound track.

"According to Dr. Dre co-writer J-Flexx, this song was originally written by him, then Dre scrapped his vocals and wrote to it, but RBX heard the beat in the studio at Dre’s house and wanted it, so Dre gave RBX the beat. This song was written in 1996 and briefly reunited Dre with Chris “The Glove” Taylor. Three members of Dre’s “Soul Kitchen” 1996 Aftermath production team wrote this."

Jay_J

think of an album in 96 which is produced by Johnny J, Daz Dillinger and Dr. Dre.... also mixed by DJ Quik... it should be a classic.

Sccit

yea.. it does

Sccit

"According to Dr. Dre co-writer J-Flexx, this song was originally written by him, then Dre scrapped his vocals and wrote to it, but RBX heard the beat in the studio at Dre’s house and wanted it, so Dre gave RBX the beat. This song was written in 1996 and briefly reunited Dre with Chris “The Glove” Taylor. Three members of Dre’s “Soul Kitchen” 1996 Aftermath production team wrote this."

dre used to rework tracks multiple times

so it was first for dre’s solo ala cali love .. then went to pac .. then eventually ended up with rbx

HighEyeCue

wow…always loved that track…now knowing it could have been even better is crazy

man I love Tha Dogg Pound but they didn’t do that beat justice…Pac went HAM on that track

Jay_J

dre used to rework tracks multiple times

so it was first for dre’s solo ala cali love .. then went to pac .. then eventually ended up with rbx

i still believe 2 songs have nothing to do with each other but you can ask RBX... he can confirm that i guess.

Sccit

i still believe 2 songs have nothing to do with each other but you can ask RBX... he can confirm that i guess.

lol yea ok another song called blunt time produced by dre from that era

:mjlol:

obviously i already discussed it wit x before posting homie

The following users thanked this post: Hellquist

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie

lol yea ok another song called blunt time produced by dre from that era

:mjlol:

obviously i already discussed it wit x before posting homie

Does X have a copy of the song he could share with us?

Sccit

Does X have a copy of the song he could share with us?

no

dnjp4life

think of an album in 96 which is produced by Johnny J, Daz Dillinger and Dr. Dre.... also mixed by DJ Quik... it should be a classic.

So, All Eyez On Me then?

I can’t imagine 2Pac on the beat to Blunt Time, it sounds like it would be too slow for him.  Maybe I’m wrong, either way I’d love to hear his version of it. Hopefully it leaks one day.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Alright this is gettin weird.. because yeah, I looked into it and J-Flexx did this joint with Dre the same day that they did "California Love".   What a great day in rap history that day in the studio. 

But then also J-Flexx did "Been There Done That" for Dre.  But that also had to be at Death Row because Flex stayed with Death Row and didn't leave when Dre left.  So now you gotta wonder what other joints from Aftermath Presents were already done by Dre before leaving.  So what the fucc did he do over at Aftermath?

So now it's changing the way I look at the Aftermath Presents album.  It's starting to look more like prime Death Row heat that Dre had stashed, and then when he left Death Row he took the stash to Aftermath and didn't do much else with it.

So... is the dopeness on Aftermath Presents really just a product of how great Death Row was and not an indication of anything that followed at Aftermath?  What if all the dope shit was Death Row Dre and the weak shit was Aftermath Dre?

...anyway, it's just interesting because the Aftermath Presents album was presented like it was some fresh start and new era for Dre denouncing gangsta rap and moving on to Death Row but now it seems more like that album was just a product of Prime Death Row era.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)