Author Topic: Who Has A Better Catalog? Dre, Timbo or Pharrel?  (Read 867 times)

Jay_J

Who Has A Better Catalog? Dre, Timbo or Pharrel?
« on: November 02, 2023, 02:39:54 PM »
If we ask this question to those 3 legends, i am sure 2 of them would say "no doubt, its dre" and they would heal down.

pharrel also says that timbo has always been better than him and he can't compete with his catalog.

anyway, i want to hear your thoughts on this my dubcnn family.

dre is the best hip hop producer of all time to me. it is a fact to me! he dominated 3 decades of hip hop which made hip hop what we know now. but i don't feel like he has the best catalog ever. honestly i can see that dre only worked with a limited number of artists and mostly he stayed in hip-hop zone. he rarely produced music for different genres.

pharrel also is a fucking genius. he is a fucking good musician and composer which makes him different than the other two. since late 90s i don't remember a fucking year that he came up with a hit. no matter what year it is or who artist it is, he always has a hit on billboard top song list.

anyway, i have to take this out of my chest. if u ask me who has a better catalog. i have to say Timbaland. I can not count how many artist he produced and how many different kind of genres he fucked with. He even blessed madonna with a hit single in her 50s. To me timbo and pharrel looks almost same when it comes to having a wide catalog. but to me, timbo's catalog is more iconic. Pharrel did Rock your body for JT, but timbo did Cry me a river and sexy back. Pharrel did i just wanna love your for Jay Z but timbaland did "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" and "Jigga What". I can count more examples but let me hear what you will come up with.

let's discuss.

doggfather

Re: Who Has A Better Catalog? Dre, Timbo or Pharrel?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 12:41:07 PM »
i am with the neptunes!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 12:42:06 PM »
If we ask this question to those 3 legends, i am sure 2 of them would say "no doubt, its dre" and they would heal down.

pharrel also says that timbo has always been better than him and he can't compete with his catalog.

anyway, i want to hear your thoughts on this my dubcnn family.

dre is the best hip hop producer of all time to me. it is a fact to me! he dominated 3 decades of hip hop which made hip hop what we know now. but i don't feel like he has the best catalog ever. honestly i can see that dre only worked with a limited number of artists and mostly he stayed in hip-hop zone. he rarely produced music for different genres.

pharrel also is a fucking genius. he is a fucking good musician and composer which makes him different than the other two. since late 90s i don't remember a fucking year that he came up with a hit. no matter what year it is or who artist it is, he always has a hit on billboard top song list.

anyway, i have to take this out of my chest. if u ask me who has a better catalog. i have to say Timbaland. I can not count how many artist he produced and how many different kind of genres he fucked with. He even blessed madonna with a hit single in her 50s. To me timbo and pharrel looks almost same when it comes to having a wide catalog. but to me, timbo's catalog is more iconic. Pharrel did Rock your body for JT, but timbo did Cry me a river and sexy back. Pharrel did i just wanna love your for Jay Z but timbaland did "Dirt Off Your Shoulder" and "Jigga What". I can count more examples but let me hear what you will come up with.

let's discuss.

I gotta say Dre just for the longevity.  More hits over a longer period of time than the other 2.  Simple as that.

Okka

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 06:34:38 PM »
Dr. Dre
Timbaland
The Neptunes

All legends.

tempo2

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2023, 01:28:50 AM »
timbaland for me, the layers and the creativity behind his beats is unparalleled. as far as clean and well mixed production you would have to go with dre but I wouldn't say it was as innovative and creative as timbaland. neptunes would be third.

astra4322

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2023, 01:49:00 AM »
Any list of albums produced by Timbo and Pharell despite their solos and compilations?

Jay_J

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2023, 02:44:13 AM »
I'm talking about the catalog. Not their production abilities or skills.

Soopafly DPGC talked about longevity but we cant talk about a longevity about dre if its about last 15 years. But timbaland and pharrell are still making hits like they just getting started. Seems like dre feels he did what he did and its enough to be a legend. But timbo and pharrell still taking it very serious when it comes to longevity.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2023, 03:25:47 AM »
I'm talking about the catalog. Not their production abilities or skills.

Soopafly DPGC talked about longevity but we cant talk about a longevity about dre if its about last 15 years. But timbaland and pharrell are still making hits like they just getting started. Seems like dre feels he did what he did and its enough to be a legend. But timbo and pharrell still taking it very serious when it comes to longevity.

Dre has been making hits since the 80's though...I agree he has not done much the last 10-15 years or so but Timbo and Pharrell have slowed down as well

but in the end it comes down to personal preference and I enjoy Dre's catalog more than the others

tempo2

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2023, 04:08:59 AM »
But the production skills make the catalogue though, its symbiotic, you wouldn't have a catalogue if the production skills were whack. Also most of Timbaland production is probably R&B whilst Dre is hip hop even though both could very much do both. Would probably come down to preference on musical genre.

topdogg188

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2023, 02:03:49 PM »
Timbo in my view. I remember a time when anyone could care less about Dre after the Aftermath compilation and firm dropped but mid 90s and all the way to late 2010s Timbo churning out the hits constantly for Missy, Aaliyah and everyone else and the most sought after producer on all major label album releases. That guy honestly made Jay Zs career featuring him on Lobster and Scrimp then later on giving him those beats on Vol3.  If it was no Timbo beats who was checking for Jay after Reasonable doubt and Vol1

Jay_J

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2023, 02:55:18 PM »
Timbo in my view. I remember a time when anyone could care less about Dre after the Aftermath compilation and firm dropped but mid 90s and all the way to late 2010s Timbo churning out the hits constantly for Missy, Aaliyah and everyone else and the most sought after producer on all major label album releases. That guy honestly made Jay Zs career featuring him on Lobster and Scrimp then later on giving him those beats on Vol3.  If it was no Timbo beats who was checking for Jay after Reasonable doubt and Vol1

i don't think jay-z owes his carrer to Timbaland.

topdogg188

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 04:39:24 AM »
yeah i suppose more of a cominbation of Timbo & Swizz and then Neptunes really . But really you know Big Pimin, Hey Papi and Is that yo put Jay on the map and cemented him as the top artist after the initial irv gotti can you bounce single which were all Timbo.  Then once he made it to the top on hot producer beats, next up were the newcomers Neptunes, Kanye and Just Blaze. And as soon as they shipped out the music production and hits is meh.

Jay_J

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2023, 10:21:54 AM »
yeah i suppose more of a cominbation of Timbo & Swizz and then Neptunes really . But really you know Big Pimin, Hey Papi and Is that yo put Jay on the map and cemented him as the top artist after the initial irv gotti can you bounce single which were all Timbo.  Then once he made it to the top on hot producer beats, next up were the newcomers Neptunes, Kanye and Just Blaze. And as soon as they shipped out the music production and hits is meh.

in an interview Timbaland said that Jay-Z is the first artist that he worked outside of his camp (missy, geniune, magoo, static major, ect...). he said that working with jay-z opened the door for him to be more visible and helped him to work with many more.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2023, 06:31:57 PM »
dre was making music well before the other 2

so while he’s slowed down, his catalogue from the 80s 90s and 2000s is enough to put him at 1

Lucifuge

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2023, 09:50:27 PM »
Dre makes real music.  Dres sonics are unmatchd. Me never liked timbo that much, to much going on in hes productions and beats. Too noisy.
 Neptuns are too mainstream, pop, and all beats sounds the same.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D