Author Topic: MARSHA AMBROSIUS - CASABLANCO (Official Discussion)  (Read 13280 times)

Malcy

Re: MARSHA AMBROSIUS - CASABLANCO (6/28/24)
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2024, 04:26:37 AM »
I'm glad this album is finally coming out, so Dre gets this shit out of his system and then focuses on stuff his fanbase actually wants, like Eminem, Snoop, and maybe Xzibit. Once again, I say no one on this forum would give a fuck about this release of Dre's name wasn't attached, because who the hell is Marsha Ambrosius?

And once again. I tell you you are wrong. And your last line just confirms you have shit musical knowledge.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2024, 08:41:12 AM »
In my opinion - yes. She is ok on the hooks but nothing more than that.

Ever heard any of the Floetry albums even her solo stuff?

jman91331

« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2024, 01:39:34 PM »
This order will make sense, Marsha been waiting forever, only right for hers to drop first, Eminem is Aftermath/Interscope number one Artist, Then Snoop, maybe 50 too.

Whatever the case all should drop this year hopefully.
I believe Em is coming this Friday (as rumored) they had the pre-order links last week on his website. Then we have Marsha the 28th.

Jay_J

« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2024, 02:47:36 PM »
I believe this album will not sell and it will be a dissapointing for both marsha and aftermath records when it comes to streaming numbers and it's success.

seems like after 20 years dre feels like he owes to marsha and he feels like he has to do it, no matter it sells or not.

thegooddoc

« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2024, 07:25:25 PM »
I believe this album will not sell and it will be a dissapointing for both marsha and aftermath records when it comes to streaming numbers and it's success.

seems like after 20 years dre feels like he owes to marsha and he feels like he has to do it, no matter it sells or not.

Aftermath has put almost zero promotion behind this release.  I'm glad that it is seeing the light of day.  Dre doesn' t need to worry about commercial success anymore.  He made his money.  Interested to see what this ablum sounds like and hope that Dre takes more risks in the future.

The following users thanked this post: Dwax-187

sweetdudejim

« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2024, 08:23:55 PM »
I think it's possible that this is just an important project to Dre  and that he just wants this one released. Maybe he realizes that unless he gets behind some super young mumble rapper, he's probably not gonna have any more hit singles, so he might as well just put out the best he's got.

The following users thanked this post: Dwax-187

WCThang

« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2024, 09:30:15 PM »
Yeah this definitely isn't going to be a commercial success, which makes me surprised Dre is putting it out.

shmosh

« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2024, 05:24:24 AM »
Tbh Dre has so much success and money, how much it sells shouldn't be a concern anymore. He does this for the love, not the money, so put some fucking projects out. Taking years and years between projects and repeatedly shelving stuff just gives the impression that how much it sells is a concern, but yet this is coming out with no promo at all

Just put projects out cos you enjoy making them, not to try and get on the charts, he's earned that right

Tony Trey

« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2024, 07:22:04 AM »
And once again. I tell you you are wrong. And your last line just confirms you have shit musical knowledge.

Musical taste and knowledge is subjective as is all art. But I promise you this album will sell fucking nothing. It won't even chart when it drops.

Dwax-187

« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2024, 01:13:07 PM »
Musical taste and knowledge is subjective as is all art. But I promise you this album will sell fucking nothing. It won't even chart when it drops.

Probably right… but agree with other comments above.  If Dre can get over his fear of selling records… and release the vibe of “aint no coming back from gold” … music will be about the artistry.  No one doubts his talents, Im sure the album will be a critical success.

Hellquist

« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2024, 02:07:25 PM »
I find it funny and also a bit sad that most of the people in this thread is saying they want this to fail or it is not going to sell. What about all this BS about supporting artists? All the slobbing about RBX or other artists on this forum, "we need to support the artists and buy their music," but "no one has heard of Marsha." What the fuck is going on? It's a Dr. Dre produced album, the fact he is releasing this tells you he is confident in this. He released Compton for the same reason. If he is not feeling it, he will not release it on his label. This has to be heat if he is dropping it.

Wait until it drops, then we can critique. It's not the 1990s anymore, it's the streaming era. Sales don't mean anything in 2024. As long as she tours for this album, she will make her money. Dr. Dre doesn't need the money, obviously. It's bigger than sales. It's a bigger picture, but I am disappointed in 90% of the responses in this thread.

The following users thanked this post: J-Fox, Malcy, Dwax-187

Dwax-187

« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2024, 06:41:40 PM »
I find it funny and also a bit sad that most of the people in this thread is saying they want this to fail or it is not going to sell. What about all this BS about supporting artists? All the slobbing about RBX or other artists on this forum, "we need to support the artists and buy their music," but "no one has heard of Marsha." What the fuck is going on? It's a Dr. Dre produced album, the fact he is releasing this tells you he is confident in this. He released Compton for the same reason. If he is not feeling it, he will not release it on his label. This has to be heat if he is dropping it.

Wait until it drops, then we can critique. It's not the 1990s anymore, it's the streaming era. Sales don't mean anything in 2024. As long as she tours for this album, she will make her money. Dr. Dre doesn't need the money, obviously. It's bigger than sales. It's a bigger picture, but I am disappointed in 90% of the responses in this thread.

Lots of good points.  Hard to argue sales in a streaming era for sure.

Im guessing this will be a critical success and could be reaping awards and accolades come the season including key grammies.  Lets wait and see, only a few more weeks to release.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2024, 11:09:42 PM »
Marsha has a fanbase outside of the Dr.Dre affliation. She will be alright!!

Tony Trey

« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2024, 12:04:41 PM »
Marsha has a fanbase outside of the Dr.Dre affliation. She will be alright!!

Does she? I've literally never heard of her before the Dre association. And when I looked up her Wikipedia and such, it seems like she's mostly known for doing backing vocals for other artists, rather than her own music.

jman91331

« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2024, 12:39:25 PM »
Probably right… but agree with other comments above.  If Dre can get over his fear of selling records… and release the vibe of “aint no coming back from gold” … music will be about the artistry.  No one doubts his talents, Im sure the album will be a critical success.
In this streaming era, who really cares about numbers? It takes 1500 streams to equal 1 sale, might as well just put the music out and let it do what it do.