Author Topic: Kurupt - Transformation Live  (Read 464 times)

killagee

Kurupt - Transformation Live
« on: December 12, 2023, 05:31:53 AM »

The following users thanked this post: J-Fox, Marco

Marco

Re: Kurupt - Transformation Live
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 09:44:46 AM »
DOPE! Tha King Pin is back 8) 8)
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2023, 09:15:41 AM »
Meh..

I still don't think this is it... I don't know why he never flipped like the type of style Rakim flipped as he climbed up into his older age.. but this shit ain't it in my opinion, love Kurupt.. but not feeling this
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Tony Trey

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2023, 09:20:23 AM »
Meh..

I still don't think this is it... I don't know why he never flipped like the type of style Rakim flipped as he climbed up into his older age.. but this shit ain't it in my opinion, love Kurupt.. but not feeling this

Agreed. Kurupt just hasn't done anything worth talking about in at least 10 years. Dude needs to always and exclusively work with Daz because Daz seems to keep him on point.

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

HighEyeCue

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2023, 09:53:25 AM »
Agreed. Kurupt just hasn't done anything worth talking about in at least 10 years. Dude needs to always and exclusively work with Daz because Daz seems to keep him on point.

Kurupt is my favorite MC but Im barely interested in hearing what he comes out with these days

at least I will always have his classics on Death Row and his first 3 solo albums

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2023, 02:18:15 AM »

Yeah, I mean it's no knock against Kurupt, he's in my top 10 all time easily, and grew up trying to be like Kurupt.  But since Space Boogie he's had many failed attempt after failed attempt of making a worthy comeback album.  It's hard to do.  He had 10 great years in the game from 92-2002 but should we call him a one-trick pony??  Like he can only do one type of sound or style and that's it? 

-Dre was able to make a great comeback album with COMPTON
-Nas was still putting out solid albums all the way through Life Is Good was solid
-Eminem had that great comeback with MMLP and "Guts Over Fear"
-Xzibit had a very worthy comeback album with NAPALM
-Sticman of Dead Prez reinvented himself with the great RBGFitClub workout albums along with Coach Nym
-I really liked the Snoop Lion Project Snoop did when he was around 40.

Who am I forgetting that had a great comeback around 40 or post 40?

Others have done it.  So how come Kurupt can't do it?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2023, 04:17:58 AM »
Yeah, I mean it's no knock against Kurupt, he's in my top 10 all time easily, and grew up trying to be like Kurupt.  But since Space Boogie he's had many failed attempt after failed attempt of making a worthy comeback album.  It's hard to do.  He had 10 great years in the game from 92-2002 but should we call him a one-trick pony??  Like he can only do one type of sound or style and that's it? 

-Dre was able to make a great comeback album with COMPTON
-Nas was still putting out solid albums all the way through Life Is Good was solid
-Eminem had that great comeback with MMLP and "Guts Over Fear"
-Xzibit had a very worthy comeback album with NAPALM
-Sticman of Dead Prez reinvented himself with the great RBGFitClub workout albums along with Coach Nym
-I really liked the Snoop Lion Project Snoop did when he was around 40.

Who am I forgetting that had a great comeback around 40 or post 40?

Others have done it.  So how come Kurupt can't do it?

I refuse to believe that Kurupt is just lazy...if anything he has said he learned a better work ethic from Pac

that track on Dillinger and Young Gotti "We about to get Fuccd Up" describe a lot of the stuff they were taking and probably fried their brains

he also has a legendary alcohol problem and often showed up drunk to recording sessions

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2023, 02:36:31 AM »

I refuse to believe that Kurupt is just lazy...if anything he has said he learned a better work ethic from Pac

that track on Dillinger and Young Gotti "We about to get Fuccd Up" describe a lot of the stuff they were taking and probably fried their brains

he also has a legendary alcohol problem and often showed up drunk to recording sessions

Daz actually looking surprisingly healthy if you see his new podcast episodes.  And just a few years ago he was on camera doing a backflip in the Snoop Lion documentary.

...honestly both those guys were pretty much cut from the same cloth as Pac—as far as having a death wish and being suicidal.  I remember that was part of the allure of their music in the Dogg Food era was that these guys were like "we don't give a fucc" and they actually meant it they weren't behaving or living like they were trying to get to 100.  You kind of expected their fate would be death or jail.  Somehow Dogg Pound has mostly avoided arrests and Jail Time.

Everybody says all this shit about blame this person or blame that person for Pac's death, and everyone misses the point that the guy predicted his faith and said over and over again in his music shit like, "and if I do die young who cares/all I got was mean mugs and cold stares--I see death around the corner, bury me a G, ain't no crying at my funeral lived life to the fullest, let the hoes that I used to know kiss me from head to my toe"

So what do you expect.  At least Suge mans up about it, Suge is like, "Hell I ain't crying I'm in jail, where I come from and where we grew up we didn't even expect to live passed 25 or 30 so anything else is a bonus"

HighEyeCue

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2023, 10:02:50 AM »
Daz actually looking surprisingly healthy if you see his new podcast episodes.  And just a few years ago he was on camera doing a backflip in the Snoop Lion documentary.

...honestly both those guys were pretty much cut from the same cloth as Pac—as far as having a death wish and being suicidal.  I remember that was part of the allure of their music in the Dogg Food era was that these guys were like "we don't give a fucc" and they actually meant it they weren't behaving or living like they were trying to get to 100.  You kind of expected their fate would be death or jail.  Somehow Dogg Pound has mostly avoided arrests and Jail Time.

Everybody says all this shit about blame this person or blame that person for Pac's death, and everyone misses the point that the guy predicted his faith and said over and over again in his music shit like, "and if I do die young who cares/all I got was mean mugs and cold stares--I see death around the corner, bury me a G, ain't no crying at my funeral lived life to the fullest, let the hoes that I used to know kiss me from head to my toe"

So what do you expect.  At least Suge mans up about it, Suge is like, "Hell I ain't crying I'm in jail, where I come from and where we grew up we didn't even expect to live passed 25 or 30 so anything else is a bonus"

Daz doesnt like to drink because it makes him sweat a lot for some reason...he just smokes

I saw a video of him a few years ago doing a backflip...dude is low key in good shape

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2023, 11:27:50 PM »
Daz doesnt like to drink because it makes him sweat a lot for some reason...he just smokes

I saw a video of him a few years ago doing a backflip...dude is low key in good shape

yeah drinking makes you age faster, that makes sense... if Daz just lost the weight all the way then he'd probably look like the RRGB Daz