Author Topic: BILLBOARDS TOP 25 RAP PRODUCERS OF ALL TIME  (Read 1382 times)

Sccit

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: BILLBOARDS TOP 25 RAP PRODUCERS OF ALL TIME
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 11:25:03 PM »
where's Daz on the list?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Tony Trey

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 03:19:15 AM »
where's Daz on the list?

Daz has never gotten the respect he deserves from the mainstream, despite all the work he has done with 2Pac and Snoop.

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

HighEyeCue

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2023, 04:09:33 AM »
l
Daz has never gotten the respect he deserves from the mainstream, despite all the work he has done with 2Pac and Snoop.

yeah I think Billboard is going by the charts which is what they are all about...the hits

regardless Quik at 13 and Kanye at 2 there is something seriously wrong with that

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2023, 05:11:41 AM »
l
yeah I think Billboard is going by the charts which is what they are all about...the hits

regardless Quik at 13 and Kanye at 2 there is something seriously wrong with that

I know there are a lot of Quik fanatics at the forum, I'm not one of them.  I'm a fan of DJ Quik and grew up on his music, but I put Daz ahead of Quik.

You want proof that Daz is better? 

1.  Both were on Death Row in their prime when Pac was on the label and Pac was equally cool with Quik and with Daz, and Suge was equally cool with Quik and Daz—so All Eyez On Me was as fair of a producer competition as you are going to get.  Now, who ended up with more bangers and classics on All Eyez On Me?  Daz.

Of course, Quik mixed the album, but as for production credits--Daz proved at that time that he was a better producer than Quik.

2.  Murder was the Case.  Quik and Daz had fair competition to get tracks on that album and who ended up with more bangers?

3.  My last proof is that Quik never produced an album as great as Dogg Food in all his years.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2023, 05:41:55 AM »
Daz should be on the list

also Alchemist, Havoc and a few others

about the only thing I agree with Billboard is Dre at 1

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2023, 06:01:01 AM »
where's Daz on the list?

warren g & battlecat

but billboard is known for their bullshit

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2023, 06:07:55 AM »
I know there are a lot of Quik fanatics at the forum, I'm not one of them.  I'm a fan of DJ Quik and grew up on his music, but I put Daz ahead of Quik.

You want proof that Daz is better? 

1.  Both were on Death Row in their prime when Pac was on the label and Pac was equally cool with Quik and with Daz, and Suge was equally cool with Quik and Daz—so All Eyez On Me was as fair of a producer competition as you are going to get.  Now, who ended up with more bangers and classics on All Eyez On Me?  Daz.

Of course, Quik mixed the album, but as for production credits--Daz proved at that time that he was a better producer than Quik.

2.  Murder was the Case.  Quik and Daz had fair competition to get tracks on that album and who ended up with more bangers?

3.  My last proof is that Quik never produced an album as great as Dogg Food in all his years.

dre ghost produced dogg food

quik ghost produced a lot of all eyez on me

suge was trying to bill daz as the next great producer and he did it by giving him solo credit on beats he produced together with others

daz is a good producer but he has not been able to replicate that sound without dre, quik, soopafly, mike dean etc

these are producers who are experts at the technical aspect of production.. layering, structure, sonic mastery, etc .. this is something daz never excelled in, making him better as a teammate, which is why his name ain’t up there

if he became a production team with soopafly and they were known as daz & soopafly, perhaps he’d be up there wit the neptunes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2023, 09:06:03 AM »

if he became a production team with soopafly and they were known as daz & soopafly, perhaps he’d be up there wit the neptunes

well you got a point there I mean he was pretty much teamed with Dre in his early prime and then in his later prime like RRGB era Soopafly was around for a lot of that and they pretty much were a team.  Soopafly shares a lot of the credits on RRGB and that era of Daz music

Dwax-187

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2023, 12:42:03 PM »
A good overall list, which of course everyone could bump some producer up or down.  I would think the criteria Billboard goes by is Billboard hits … but that doesnt tally up.  Timbo has produced more hits than Kanye and Swizz but yet he was at 9, behind both.

DJ Quik vs Daz is a good debate.  Could go either way.  From a Billboard hits perspective, I think Quik would win.

doggfather

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2023, 01:10:16 PM »
ok, guys, you just kiddin with daz, but where is dj muggs?!

6-7 times platinum

world wide known hits.

he made hits for house of pain, ice cube, xzibit, dr dre.

he worked different styles (trip hop, rap, dnb, rock).

made albums, compilations, OSTs, mixtapes.

he is active since the 80s!

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The following users thanked this post: Dwax-187

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2023, 07:11:27 PM »
A good overall list, which of course everyone could bump some producer up or down.  I would think the criteria Billboard goes by is Billboard hits … but that doesnt tally up.  Timbo has produced more hits than Kanye and Swizz but yet he was at 9, behind both.

DJ Quik vs Daz is a good debate.  Could go either way.  From a Billboard hits perspective, I think Quik would win.

swizz over timbo is a joke no matter how u slice it

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue, Marco

HighEyeCue

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2023, 05:16:32 AM »

like you said Timbo has many more hits if we are going by Billboards criteria...not to mention he is a better producer which they don't take into account

swizz over timbo is a joke no matter how u slice it

exactly
ok, guys, you just kiddin with daz, but where is dj muggs?!

6-7 times platinum

world wide known hits.

he made hits for house of pain, ice cube, xzibit, dr dre.

he worked different styles (trip hop, rap, dnb, rock).

made albums, compilations, OSTs, mixtapes.

he is active since the 80s!

Muggs doesn't have the pop chart hits Billboard is looking for

doggfather

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ