Author Topic: Episode 8: Suge Collect Call Discussion Thread  (Read 288 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Episode 8: Suge Collect Call Discussion Thread
« on: December 31, 2023, 09:42:16 AM »
Suge’s beefs are legendary.  He got some fire for Puffy in this one. 

It’s another full episode of him going at Dre, Puffy, Jimmy, and the usual suspects.  But yet again, Suge always keeps it fresh.  When you been a hiphop head like me and following this shit daily since summer 93’ it starts to get to where every interview it’s just the same shit you already heard back in 96’ like that wack ass Kevin Hart and Dre interview that just came out is just Dre saying some of the same shit he been saying since 96 (like how he got offers to work with Michael Jackson or Madonna).

But never a dull moment with Suge.  He goes into the 2005 club shooting incident, mentions Chris Brown, Kanye, Kim, and of course connects Dre to the incident.  And the story is usually never told the same way twice he hittin on different angles. 

We can’t take it all as fact it’s a lot of shit talking.  But be sure, there is also some powerful truth sprinkled in.  Another classic episode.

https://youtu.be/-y9GUaIwMPA?si=R_AfU32IdH5L51FK
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Episode 8: Suge Collect Call Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 02:35:04 AM »
Ya'll ain't got no love for Suge?  Ya'll turned your back on Suge?  Funny.... I thought you fools was bout loyalty? 

HighEyeCue

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2024, 07:48:48 AM »
Suge’s beefs are legendary.  He got some fire for Puffy in this one. 

It’s another full episode of him going at Dre, Puffy, Jimmy, and the usual suspects.  But yet again, Suge always keeps it fresh.  When you been a hiphop head like me and following this shit daily since summer 93’ it starts to get to where every interview it’s just the same shit you already heard back in 96’ like that wack ass Kevin Hart and Dre interview that just came out is just Dre saying some of the same shit he been saying since 96 (like how he got offers to work with Michael Jackson or Madonna).

But never a dull moment with Suge.  He goes into the 2005 club shooting incident, mentions Chris Brown, Kanye, Kim, and of course connects Dre to the incident.  And the story is usually never told the same way twice he hittin on different angles. 

We can’t take it all as fact it’s a lot of shit talking.  But be sure, there is also some powerful truth sprinkled in.  Another classic episode.

https://youtu.be/-y9GUaIwMPA?si=R_AfU32IdH5L51FK

thats the thing about Suge...you really don't know what is BS and what is truth...always captivating and entertaining though

all that stuff about Babyface and Damon Thomas and Ray Parker I can believe...lots of rampant homosexuality in Hollywood ;D 

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2024, 09:22:14 AM »
Ya'll ain't got no love for Suge?  Ya'll turned your back on Suge?  Funny.... I thought you fools was bout loyalty?

It’s good you are enjoying the content.

But maybe just talking about negative jargons that’s over 2 to 3 decades old, is not what most people that grew up in that era want to consume anymore.

Suge going to be Suge, he made his bed and lying on it.

He needs to find way to channel his energy to positive things, that will help him when he comes out.
The big bad wolf of the industry angle is played out.
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2024, 10:29:38 AM »

But maybe just talking about negative jargons that’s over 2 to 3 decades old, is not what most people that grew up in that era want to consume anymore.

So what is "moving on"?? Cause Dre talking about the same fuccing shit he was talking about in the Source cover from summer 1996 over in that lame-ass Kevin Hart interview about not working with Michael and Madonna and Kevin Hart having an orgasm kissing Dre's ass over everything Dre saying and Dre ain't saying nothing he ain't said in a million interviews...or Snoop saying he giving up smoking, ohh damn that's so interesting, but didn't he say that before?? YAWN

....or maybe "move on" to new artists, I mean damn props to Cardi B and Megan Stallion for working together I mean that is just so empowering what they are doing for women around the world, and the way that fag Lil'Nas X twerks in dem tight jeans with the devil horns, hmmm just delicious, and Travis Scott as well and YoungBoyNeverBroke, TenexctionXXX it's really great material over there.

you know you right, gee what was I thinkin

Tony Trey

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 01:16:10 AM »

In my opinion, I just don't think there's much else to say about Suge and I don't really care what he has to say on much of anything. Was he the CEO of Death Row? Sure. But Death Row only got to where it was because of Dre, Snoop, and 2pac, and to a lesser extent Daz and Kurupt. I personally feel like Suge's importance in Death Row's success is vastly overstated. Any record label with that level of Death Row's talent from 92 to 98 would've been successful. And Suge was never able to recreate that success because he couldn't stay out of jail, he was obsessed with shit talking all the former DR inmates, and other than Crooked I, he couldn't get any other amazing talent signed to the label. All that lead to Suge driving DR and himself personally into bankruptcy and then killed some dude and wound up in jail for the rest of his life. If he was a legit talented CEO, he would still be in the music industry finding and promoting new talent, rather than still whining about Dre from behind bars.

The following users thanked this post: geezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2024, 04:58:03 AM »
In my opinion, I just don't think there's much else to say about Suge and I don't really care what he has to say on much of anything. Was he the CEO of Death Row? Sure. But Death Row only got to where it was because of Dre, Snoop, and 2pac, and to a lesser extent Daz and Kurupt. I personally feel like Suge's importance in Death Row's success is vastly overstated. Any record label with that level of Death Row's talent from 92 to 98 would've been successful. And Suge was never able to recreate that success because he couldn't stay out of jail, he was obsessed with shit talking all the former DR inmates, and other than Crooked I, he couldn't get any other amazing talent signed to the label. All that lead to Suge driving DR and himself personally into bankruptcy and then killed some dude and wound up in jail for the rest of his life. If he was a legit talented CEO, he would still be in the music industry finding and promoting new talent, rather than still whining about Dre from behind bars.

Well you are pretty much correct.  Especially with the Dre click of guys.  I mean, what did Suge really contribute to those guys other than giving them a boost in their "gangsta/street" credibility.  Ruthless and Eazy already had quite a bit of street cred.  Snoop and the Dogg Pound pretty much all came to Dre through Warren G and it had nothing to do with Suge.  In some alternative universe where Jerry Heller and Eazy were smart enough to just renogotiate Dre's contract and give him whatever he wanted it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if all those guys just came through ruthless.

----------------------------------

Things really get interesting though once you start thinking about Suge's relationship to Pac.  Because him and Pac were right or die homies to the fullest and they both took bullets on Sept. 7th and neither of their lives were ever the same after that.  From being on top of the world to Pac dying 7 days later, to Suge soon going to jail and now being back in jail. 

So that's kind of what takes Suge to the next level.  Is that summer of 96' is so legendary when you think about him and Pac getting taken out the game at their ultimate prime.  Then the fall out from all that with the betrayals and loyalties, etc.  I mean that's all Shakespearean and will live forever.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2024, 12:01:27 PM »

What do you want us to say?  Not gonna keep busting a nut to every single episode of this podcast.  Dissing and speaking on Dre, Puffy, etc. for the millionth time.  Shit's old man.  That's always been Suge's MO, talking shit, that's all he knows how to do.  Fun for a while, but after 30 years of it, gets pretty boring.  Like i said in my prior post, where are the OFTB stories, Nate Dogg, Paradise, Jewell, DJ Quik etc.  This podcast has the potential to be amazing and I know Suge has some great stories and insight on things we've never heard talked about before.  But the worthless host just sits there and kisses his ass and lets Suge ramble on about the same old bullshit to satisfy his hard on he has for Dre, Puffy, and Snoop because they are successful millionaires, and his jealous ass is stuck in jail broke. 

The following users thanked this post: geezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2024, 11:41:07 PM »
What do you want us to say?  Not gonna keep busting a nut to every single episode of this podcast.  Dissing and speaking on Dre, Puffy, etc. for the millionth time.  Shit's old man.  That's always been Suge's MO, talking shit, that's all he knows how to do.  Fun for a while, but after 30 years of it, gets pretty boring.  Like i said in my prior post, where are the OFTB stories, Nate Dogg, Paradise, Jewell, DJ Quik etc.  This podcast has the potential to be amazing and I know Suge has some great stories and insight on things we've never heard talked about before.  But the worthless host just sits there and kisses his ass and lets Suge ramble on about the same old bullshit to satisfy his hard on he has for Dre, Puffy, and Snoop because they are successful millionaires, and his jealous ass is stuck in jail broke.

Reggie's podcast talks about all the people you mentioned.  But Dave Mays probably doesn't consider an hour discussion about the signing of OFTB to the label, or a discussion about wack room producer Daryl Harper to be large enough for his podcast, so instead they keep shouting out names like Kim Kardashian, Kanye, Chris Brown, Akon, etc. to make it larger.

I agree with you but still love the podcast