Author Topic: Snoops best era 1999-2004 imo  (Read 1889 times)

Desert Lord

Snoops best era 1999-2004 imo
« on: January 13, 2024, 09:24:27 AM »
Snoop Dogg's best period, musically in my opinion, was from 1999-2004. While the Death Row days are generally considered his prime, undeniably producing most of his classics, I believe even better music came out during the Dogg House era.

The lineup in this camp and its extended circle was so dope! Eastsidaz, Kokane, RBX, Soopafly, Daz, Kurupt, Suga Free, Nate Dogg, Bad Azz, etc. Excellent producers like Battlecat, Fredwreck, Meech Wells, Dre, Warren G.

And just think about the incredible albums released during that time: 2001, Top Dogg, Last Meal, Doggystyle Allstars, 213 the hard way, the two Eastsidaz albums, the Bones soundtrack... Did I forget anything? 🤔

Of course, it might be because, as a late '80s baby, I was consciously aware of this period and bought some of this albums when they came out,unlike the Death Row era when I was still a child. That's how I perceive it. Can anyone relate to this? 😆

doggfather

Re: Snoops best era 1999-2004 imo
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 09:29:03 AM »
Welcome to the... mixtape series!
The wash ost.

Doggystyle records releases: bad azz, doggys angels
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2024, 11:28:23 AM »
It's because of the West resurgence era that this forum was even started.  There are very few cats like me and HigheyeCue that were even old enough to be fuckin bitchez at the time that Chronic and Doggystyle came out.  So for cats like me and HIgheyecue that lived the East/West beef, Pac getting killed--and remember the moment when Doggystyle dropped, nothing will top that era.

...that said, the West resurgence era was phenomenal.  It was like the second coming.  I mean, even Xzibit was around for 96', so even though it seemed like he was new on the scene, for him it was even like a second life to his career.

Tray Dee of the Eastsidaz, it was his second life in his rap career.

It's was the stars aligning of Eminem linking with Dre to catapult Dre back into the limelight and Xzibit and Eastsidaz injecting life into Snoop, and then he left New Orleans and started linking back with his homiez on the West and making great music again, rest is history.

It's hard to think of too many that were making their first run in that era.  Obviously there is guys like Knocturnal and what not,

but anyway, yeah... that ERA fuckin made the Dubcc, starting from WestCoastKillaz, to Dre's official page, and so on...

but a muthafucka like TraceOneInfinite to tha Flat Earth Dome, I was around on this shit before the West Coast Resurgence I was on Snoopsdogghouse.com in 98', Eminem's official, and Eminem bodyrott in 99, you speakin to a true O.G. with stripes in the game!!!!!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Desert Lord

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2024, 01:18:54 PM »
Welcome to the... mixtape series!
The wash ost.

Doggystyle records releases: bad azz, doggys angels

Right! The "Welcome to the Chuuch" series was also dope as shit. "The Wash" as well.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2024, 01:21:57 PM »
"My Heat Goes Boom" was one of his most slept-on bangers in the period
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Desert Lord

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2024, 01:23:54 PM »
It's because of the West resurgence era that this forum was even started.  There are very few cats like me and HigheyeCue that were even old enough to be fuckin bitchez at the time that Chronic and Doggystyle came out.  So for cats like me and HIgheyecue that lived the East/West beef, Pac getting killed--and remember the moment when Doggystyle dropped, nothing will top that era.

...that said, the West resurgence era was phenomenal.  It was like the second coming.  I mean, even Xzibit was around for 96', so even though it seemed like he was new on the scene, for him it was even like a second life to his career.

Tray Dee of the Eastsidaz, it was his second life in his rap career.

It's was the stars aligning of Eminem linking with Dre to catapult Dre back into the limelight and Xzibit and Eastsidaz injecting life into Snoop, and then he left New Orleans and started linking back with his homiez on the West and making great music again, rest is history.

It's hard to think of too many that were making their first run in that era.  Obviously there is guys like Knocturnal and what not,

but anyway, yeah... that ERA fuckin made the Dubcc, starting from WestCoastKillaz, to Dre's official page, and so on...

but a muthafucka like TraceOneInfinite to tha Flat Earth Dome, I was around on this shit before the West Coast Resurgence I was on Snoopsdogghouse.com in 98', Eminem's official, and Eminem bodyrott in 99, you speakin to a true O.G. with stripes in the game!!!!!

Alright Big true O.G. You definetly longer here than i am. I started posting in the mid 2000s or something like that.
Anyways I was specifically talking about Snoop and his camp, but you're right: there was a lot of good stuff overall during that time. The Eminem and Xzibit albums were definitely classics.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2024, 11:57:12 PM »
Snoop basically brought the West back in '99 with Xzibit on Bitch Please

I thought after Last Meal he fell off a little though, Paid Tha Cost and R&G had some joints but weren't great albums at least imo

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2024, 01:32:02 PM »
^ 100% .. his career was on a downward trajectory after he dropped tha last meal

phatj

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2024, 06:59:35 PM »
Snoop caught his second wind with Dogg House/Doggystyle records. Artists & producers were putting out 🔥, but unfortunately Snoop still was unable to put out a classic solo album during that era.

doggfather

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2024, 09:17:23 PM »
^ 100% .. his career was on a downward trajectory after he dropped tha last meal

Sorry man, but what a Stan attitude is this?!

He released 2 platinum and 2 gold after that last meal. As a solo artist. Gold with 213 and gold with wiz khalifa.

Get awards.

Got a bunch of films.

Critically aclaimed mixtape series (thats my work)

Where is that downward?!?!

You(neither i am) aint feel it, like it, but sayin he aint success or his career went down simply aint true.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Death Row Knightmare

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2024, 11:30:46 PM »
Snoop Dogg from 1998 - 2004 is legendary. To say he fell off after Doggystyle, you can't take it seriously. Snoop's production quality on dropped after Blue Carpet Treatment was out. Meaning Ego Trippin' and the rest - the sequencing and certain songs don't fit the vibe of the album's singles. Other than that, lyrically, Snoop has never left.

doggfather

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2024, 11:37:13 PM »
what fell off?!?!

doggystyle is unique. the ultimate rap album of all time. no question.

BUT after that 6 M sold.

his albums went 2 M each!

2 M in the 90s!

murder wa the case, doggfather, da game is, no limit, last meal all went 2M os near 2M!

so, u sayin he fell of when he sold 10 M records?!?!

I really want fell of like that!
That was really good numbers!

Even nowdays are good numbers!

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2024, 12:05:33 AM »

Sorry man, but what a Stan attitude is this?!

He released 2 platinum and 2 gold after that last meal. As a solo artist. Gold with 213 and gold with wiz khalifa.

Get awards.

Got a bunch of films.

Critically aclaimed mixtape series (thats my work)

Where is that downward?!?!

You(neither i am) aint feel it, like it, but sayin he aint success or his career went down simply aint true.

i’m talking from a quality perspective

LOL

how well you do on the charts doesnt always have a bearing on how good the music is

but even from a sales perspective, tha least meal is his last album to go double plat.. so yea, that’s what a downward trajectory means brother

doggfather

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2024, 01:11:12 AM »
well, quality...

after no limits beats by the pound i think neptunes is moving forward, not backward.  ;) ;)

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2024, 04:03:14 AM »
well, quality...

after no limits beats by the pound i think neptunes is moving forward, not backward.  ;) ;)

top dogg and tha last meal were produced by dre so i’m not sure what u talkin bout LOL