Author Topic: Snoops best era 1999-2004 imo  (Read 1892 times)

doggfather

Re: Snoops best era 1999-2004 imo
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2024, 04:26:46 AM »
you said Snoops career was on downward trajectory

I aint think this. IMO his (career) got waves. better and worse, time after time.

not just a line from top to bottom (what downward trajectory means to me).

ego trippin and malice were down, but doggumentary and neva left, i wana thank were good again. his last 2 albums were bad (to me) again.

and as an artist i respect he aint stuck in the 90s. he tryin different things. This is another thing to me as opposite to downward trajectory.

things i like (7 days of funk) things i aint like (reincarnated). Things that fits to me (thats my work mixtape series), things that NOT my things (bible of love)

+ As career. If he ain that good in music he got books, films, shows etc...

These are different part of a career not a downward trajectory.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2024, 09:14:51 AM »
that’s your opinion .. in my opinion he had some great albums after tha last meal, but none quite as good nor as successful

but to each his own

phatj

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2024, 10:19:44 AM »
Dogg father album is where quality music and Snoop left each other. Snoop came close to a full quality album with tha last meal, yet he still missed. A couple good jams with nothing but filler throw away songs on all his albums. Without Doggystyle Snoop would be just an average rapper!

phatj

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2024, 02:43:15 PM »
Actually the best era for Snoop was 92-95. 3 years of flawless delivery & flow! Commercial gangsta rap at it's finest

Desert Lord

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2024, 03:13:59 PM »
Well, I explicitly spoke about the quality. Chart placements really don't interest me. Some of my favorite albums by Snoop were considered flops. For instance, Snoop mentioned that the 213 album didn't get much love, but I find the record truly flawless from start to finish.

Regarding classic albums, in my opinion, 'Tha Last Meal' is a classic. 'Paid the Cost' was good, although I celebrated the Advance Version even more. 'R & G' felt a bit light on the 'G' when it was released, but musically, it was really well done. In hindsight, it was a very good album, even though Snoop had less gangsta content.

After that, there was a long dry spell, and the next albums weren't particularly good - except for BCT with many genuinely good songs - even though there were occasional good tracks, during this time, he leaned too much towards the mainstream and, in general, focused less on his music. I believe hee hardly writes much himself now, which I find unfortunate.

In my opinion, the recent albums have been better, and with the resurgence of newerr  West Coast rappers, he has probably leaned more towards the new West Coast sound again. By the way, I'm sure it would be a real upgrade for his records if he started writing or freestyling again. That's when he sounds his best, in my opinion.

The following users thanked this post: dnjp4life

phatj

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2024, 03:23:16 PM »
I have never determined 📉 sells to have any impact on the quality of the music. Obviously it's an opinion of each individuals liking.
Well, I explicitly spoke about the quality. Chart placements really don't interest me. Some of my favorite albums by Snoop were considered flops. For instance, Snoop mentioned that the 213 album didn't get much love, but I find the record truly flawless from start to finish.

Regarding classic albums, in my opinion, 'Tha Last Meal' is a classic. 'Paid the Cost' was good, although I celebrated the Advance Version even more. 'R & G' felt a bit light on the 'G' when it was released, but musically, it was really well done. In hindsight, it was a very good album, even though Snoop had less gangsta content.

After that, there was a long dry spell, and the next albums weren't particularly good - except for BCT with many genuinely good songs - even though there were occasional good tracks, during this time, he leaned too much towards the mainstream and, in general, focused less on his music. I believe hee hardly writes much himself now, which I find unfortunate.

In my opinion, the recent albums have been better, and with the resurgence of newerr  West Coast rappers, he has probably leaned more towards the new West Coast sound again. By the way, I'm sure it would be a real upgrade for his records if he started writing or freestyling again. That's when he sounds his best, in my opinion.

Desert Lord

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2024, 03:47:45 PM »
I have never determined 📉 sells to have any impact on the quality of the music. Obviously it's an opinion of each individuals liking.

True. I was generally referring to the discussion about album sales that was touched upon here

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2024, 11:15:03 PM »
Dogg father album is where quality music and Snoop left each other. Snoop came close to a full quality album with tha last meal, yet he still missed. A couple good jams with nothing but filler throw away songs on all his albums. Without Doggystyle Snoop would be just an average rapper!

doggfather and last meal both near classix

phatj

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2024, 11:07:15 AM »

I disagree. Dogg father was straight trash prior to that album Snoop brought that gangsta aggressive style and flow. As for tha last meal it had 9 solid jams and 10 filler songs.

doggfather and last meal both near classix

HighEyeCue

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2024, 02:51:31 PM »
I disagree. Dogg father was straight trash prior to that album Snoop brought that gangsta aggressive style and flow. As for tha last meal it had 9 solid jams and 10 filler songs.

for me the only filler tracks on Tha Last Meal were the Master P one and the Jelly Roll production “I can’t swim”

phatj

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2024, 03:08:18 PM »
That's what's up, fillers to me
Set it off
Bring it on
Game court
Ready 2 ryde
Loosen control
I can't swim
Leave me alone
Back up off me

Songs to me that are not fillers that would have made it classic to me

Blaze it up
Hot pursuit
Inside of you
Pop ya collar
No bacctraccin
Sunshine ( it's you I sore )
When I wake up
Purple
for me the only filler tracks on Tha Last Meal were the Master P one and the Jelly Roll production “I can’t swim”

doggfather

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2024, 10:05:35 PM »
To me tha last meal is a perfect duo album from Snoop and kokane.

Change my mind.  ;)

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

phatj

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2024, 07:17:43 PM »
Why would anybody waste time attempting
to change your mind/opinion? What you think is jammin, the next man might think it's straight trash & vice versa. That's what's up if you feel it's a duo album
To me tha last meal is a perfect duo album from Snoop and kokane.

Change my mind.  ;)

The following users thanked this post: doggfather

doggfather

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2024, 11:25:39 PM »
chenge my mind is a term in social media when i nkow u cant.  ;)

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Desert Lord

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2024, 05:22:27 AM »
There are no songs on TLM that I don't like. Not all of them are equally intense, but I can enjoy it from start to finish.