Author Topic: Dr Dre - Lil Ghetto Boy OG Explicit Version  (Read 530 times)

Malcy

Dr Dre - Lil Ghetto Boy OG Explicit Version
« on: January 29, 2024, 01:36:48 PM »
This forum is so lacking. Bomb1st leaked this last week. I suppose you were all waiting for Shag to drop it as one of his own exclusive leaks...

https://twitter.com/webomb1st/status/1749902533030555985

It could just be a case of knowing the album version so well but I can't say after a few listens that this is better.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: Dr Dre - Lil Ghetto Boy OG Explicit Version
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 09:26:58 AM »
This forum is so lacking. Bomb1st leaked this last week. I suppose you were all waiting for Shag to drop it as one of his own exclusive leaks...

It could just be a case of knowing the album version so well but I can't say after a few listens that this is better.

This wasn't really anything new, it's from the Chronic Promo advance, which a lot of us had already.  Props for posting it for the newbies, but i think that's why a bigger deal wasn't made out of it.  Couple of songs on it had alternate versions. 

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Okka

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 02:38:04 AM »

Nate Dogg is on the original version? Interesting.

shmosh

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 05:24:29 AM »
Can see Bomb1st said he's featured, but I can't hear him

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2024, 10:31:43 AM »
This wasn't really anything new, it's from the Chronic Promo advance, which a lot of us had already.  Props for posting it for the newbies, but i think that's why a bigger deal wasn't made out of it.  Couple of songs on it had alternate versions.

Can somebody hook me up with the Chronic Promo Advance?
I missed that one

Marco

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2024, 12:29:33 PM »
Can somebody hook me up with the Chronic Promo Advance?
I missed that one

Tried to find it out on my old HD, but didn't happen. So, if anyone can upload it, would be good. 8)
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

The Predator

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 12:53:58 PM »
the original promo cassette released at least a few months before retail. It doesn't include the final track from the retail release "Bitches Ain't Shit", but it does include the remix of "187um" (Deep Cover) on Side A that popped up on some later compilations.

Some of the lyrics were changed on the retail release as well. For example, Snoop's "Bustin' raps for my snaps" line on Stranded on Death Row was originally "Killin' Cops for a livin'".

The mix on at least a one track is different from the final retail release.

The following users thanked this post: Marco

Okka

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2024, 05:47:26 AM »
Can see Bomb1st said he's featured, but I can't hear him

I thin they're saying that shit 'cause Nate is on the video singing the part that is actually a sample. Bomb1st fucking up. A lot of people think Nate is on the album version too though.

Civilian3030

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2024, 09:35:04 AM »
It makes sense that they changed the lyrics for commercial release. It's always dope hearing the original versions for such classic tracks like this.  There's also a promo cassette called "A Taste Of The Chronic" that has a snippet for a later mix that uses the explicit lyrics, but it has the additional flute mixed in.

The Chronic Advance was one of my top ISO's for almost 30 years. This rip came from a cassette a sourced like 4-5 years back. I think there were 2 or 3 other tracks that had some vocal differences. Some of the material is close to it's final mix but not finalized. Some levels are different or channels swapped on different effects. Stuff like that.

The following users thanked this post: Marco