Author Topic: JON CONNOR - III (Official Discussion)  (Read 1158 times)

bd94s10

JON CONNOR - III (Official Discussion)
« on: February 01, 2024, 12:49:19 PM »
Another artist that seemingly didn't have an album drop on Aftermath.

This popped in my Google feedback today hence I thought I would share it. I'm hoping the album is decent.

https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/2024/01/life-after-dr-dres-aftermath-flint-rapper-jon-connor-answers-questions-in-new-album.html

"However, in May 2019, he parted ways with the label after the constant delaying of his planned debut album, Vehicle City, ending a four-year relationship with Dr. Dre." It still blows my mind the list of artists that were signed to Aftermath and nothing manifested. I'm a huge Dre fan but man its like a complex or something that he has!

It appears the album must only be avail to purchase as I do not see it on Apple Music or Spotify which I subscribe to both: https://www.even.biz/releases/iii
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 09:05:33 AM by Marco »

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

mtbsm

happy for him - another aftermath casualty, though

Marco

West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Marco

Re: JON CONNOR - III (New Album)
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 04:16:29 PM »
Nobody bought it? I wanted to hear the album, but expectations are not very good.

He could releases Venice City.

mtbsm

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 04:50:13 PM »
truly bizarre how dre had him next

Death Row Knightmare

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2024, 06:49:03 PM »
I liked Jon Connor's first retail album and a lot of his work in retrospect. Eager to give this one a listen when I get the time.  Jon Connor has over four albums in the Dr. Dre vault plus an E.P. of his own. He has an E.P. with DJ Khalil unheard. He has Focus for over 240 tracks. Scott Storch on over 50 tracks. I've heard Vehicle City, 2018 and 2019 version unrelease and unheard, and even some Aftermath tracks from 2008 tracks with him on them set for 2009/2010 release. So, this release is always a breathe of fresh air.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2024, 10:19:24 AM »
I liked Jon Connor's first retail album and a lot of his work in retrospect. Eager to give this one a listen when I get the time.  Jon Connor has over four albums in the Dr. Dre vault plus an E.P. of his own. He has an E.P. with DJ Khalil unheard. He has Focus for over 240 tracks. Scott Storch on over 50 tracks. I've heard Vehicle City, 2018 and 2019 version unrelease and unheard, and even some Aftermath tracks from 2008 tracks with him on them set for 2009/2010 release. So, this release is always a breathe of fresh air.

I liked John Connor's 1993 album the best when he went by the name MC Breed.  Once he switched over, i became his producer.  I have over 850 tracks of his, with him going by various names over the years, like Nas and Fugees, and Busta. 

The following users thanked this post: phatj, Marco, goodyoung, mtbsm, rivoli

goodyoung

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2024, 10:52:43 AM »
I liked John Connor's 1993 album the best when he went by the name MC Breed.  Once he switched over, i became his producer.  I have over 850 tracks of his, with him going by various names over the years, like Nas and Fugees, and Busta.
Love what you 2 did on on Life After Death and Marshall Mathers LP, can't wait to hear more!!!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2024, 10:53:18 AM »

Meh.. I liked the "Hittman is actually Nationowl from Aftermath Presents" type of conspiracy theories better
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Death Row Knightmare

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2024, 12:46:11 PM »
Meh.. I liked the "Hittman is actually Nationowl from Aftermath Presents" type of conspiracy theories better

Hittman was Eminem, I don't really want to say more but that guy partied while with Death Row Records.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2024, 02:46:54 PM »
Hittman was Eminem, I don't really want to say more but that guy partied while with Death Row Records.

Eminem was Sam Sneed and then became Jewell.  I was there at the party when it all went down.  I probably saw you there.  When you were transitioning from Nanci Fletcher to who you are today. 

The following users thanked this post: mtbsm

mtbsm

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2024, 04:47:51 PM »
i have an unreleased song, pac and napolean. not napolean the rapper, napolean Bonaparte

The following users thanked this post: Dwax-187

Marco

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2024, 05:11:28 PM »

Check ya PM's.

k1000

Re: Jon Connor - III (New Album)
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2024, 02:29:45 PM »

So, the album wasn't out? ???

I didn't find it anywhere.

listen here :

Marco

Re: JON CONNOR - III (Official Discussion)
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2024, 09:11:11 AM »
Finally the album was released on digital plataforms 8)

https://music.apple.com/br/album/iii/1726844619