Author Topic: Rare video of the Great Daz Dillinger and Soopafly recording in their home studi  (Read 582 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Never saw this before, somehow it popped up on my youtube looks like it was done around 2000 when they were still pretty near to their prime

https://youtu.be/fAoCsXA1MQo?si=_kmZZNQs_suJiP-Y
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Sccit

dope

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Cool video.  Did that song ever end up getting released anywhere? 

Rudki

Cool video.  Did that song ever end up getting released anywhere?

We should be asking YOU that question man  ;D you're a legend, even knew what Soopafly ate for breakfast..

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue, Marco

HighEyeCue

Never saw this before, somehow it popped up on my youtube looks like it was done around 2000 when they were still pretty near to their prime

https://youtu.be/fAoCsXA1MQo?si=_kmZZNQs_suJiP-Y

nice find Infinite 8)

We should be asking YOU that question man  ;D you're a legend, even knew what Soopafly ate for breakfast..

:tupac:

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Haha, to my knowledge it hasn't been.  I don't have it in my extensive library. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Haha, to my knowledge it hasn't been.  I don't have it in my extensive library.

Hey man, imagine if Soopafly had dropped an album in that "Like it or Not" era of Death Row.  I mean after all the song was a single and had a video.  He also had a single and video for the Thin Line Between Love and Hate soundtrack a few years earlier.  If they were releasing singles and videos how close was he to having his own album on Death Row in that era of his prime.  That shit would have been bangin

Sccit

Hey man, imagine if Soopafly had dropped an album in that "Like it or Not" era of Death Row.  I mean after all the song was a single and had a video.  He also had a single and video for the Thin Line Between Love and Hate soundtrack a few years earlier.  If they were releasing singles and videos how close was he to having his own album on Death Row in that era of his prime.  That shit would have been bangin

his debut is a classic regardless

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I swear if I'm back this summer I got to order the physical disc and roll around to that whole album.  As you know it wasn't released in KC, I didn't even see it till I was hanging in Cali with Siavash.  You think he even made any bread off that album?  Maybe, because it was independent he might have gotten some reward for the hard work.

But yeah, I wish I had it the day it dropped that would have been heavy in my rotation for a good 6 months but I missed the boat, and listening on youtube or Itunes in headphones ain't the same

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I swear if I'm back this summer I got to order the physical disc and roll around to that whole album.  As you know it wasn't released in KC, I didn't even see it till I was hanging in Cali with Siavash.  You think he even made any bread off that album?  Maybe, because it was independent he might have gotten some reward for the hard work.

But yeah, I wish I had it the day it dropped that would have been heavy in my rotation for a good 6 months but I missed the boat, and listening on youtube or Itunes in headphones ain't the same

Daz put it out on on his label, i'm sure Soopafly made a tiny bit off of it, betcha anything Daz just gave him a flat amount of money to buy the masters.  I'd be surprised if Daz sold more than 500 copies off his website.

I think Soopafly makes him money in his production and publishing.  He's had a hand in some pretty big songs from a production standpoint. 

He had a couple of dope videos and singles.  Put The Monkey In It from the Nothing To Lose Soundtrack had an actual single release and a video.  Sure he made OK money with that.  Then the song I Don't Hang from the A Thin Line Between Love and Hate Sdtk also had a video.  I have a promo single of it and i know it was played on the radio and has a remix, but i don't think an official single was released to the public. 

Then Death Row made a video for Like It Or Not from Chronic 2000, so it seemed like to me they were grooming Soopafly to be the next big thing.  Fly seemed to always be loyal to Daz.  I think they shared hoes too.  So once Daz started falling out with Death Row, that was it for Soopafly. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Daz put it out on on his label, i'm sure Soopafly made a tiny bit off of it, betcha anything Daz just gave him a flat amount of money to buy the masters.  I'd be surprised if Daz sold more than 500 copies off his website.

I think Soopafly makes him money in his production and publishing.  He's had a hand in some pretty big songs from a production standpoint. 

He had a couple of dope videos and singles.  Put The Monkey In It from the Nothing To Lose Soundtrack had an actual single release and a video.  Sure he made OK money with that.  Then the song I Don't Hang from the A Thin Line Between Love and Hate Sdtk also had a video.  I have a promo single of it and i know it was played on the radio and has a remix, but i don't think an official single was released to the public. 

Then Death Row made a video for Like It Or Not from Chronic 2000, so it seemed like to me they were grooming Soopafly to be the next big thing.  Fly seemed to always be loyal to Daz.  I think they shared hoes too.  So once Daz started falling out with Death Row, that was it for Soopafly.

Damn.. youre right, I forgot the best one, "Put the Monkey in It".  I think I forgot it cause I saw it as like a Daz track but it was actually Soopafly feat. Daz.  I bought that soundtrack the day it was released because of that song.  I also liked the Coolio single on there and I'm kind of embarrassed to admit but I kind of got caught up in the Master P hype around that time as well and "Nothin To Lose" was a Master P TRU track to fit the movie title.  Good movie too by the way, maybe I will watch it tonight because I'm bored waiting for the next Suge Collect Call. 

So that's 3 videos Death Row made for Soopafly tracks in his prime era "I Don't Hang" and "Put the Monkey in It" and "Like it or Not".  All 3 tracks I was a big fan of. 

"Like it Or Not" I must have had on repeat for an entire week after it was released and it inspired me to even shoot my shot at a girl at school and get a girlfriend for a week at the time, 17, we went over to a friends house who had dropped out of school and had his own apartment, and I was impressed he had his own apartment, it was the first time a friend of mine had his own place, he was dating the best friend of my girlfriend I picked up listening to "Like it or Not" and the next year I got an apartment at the same complex--so all these big changes in my life happened to me on the release of "Like it Or Not" being released on that otherwise mostly forgettable Death Row album.

So nobody should say I'm not a true Soopafly fan just because I missed the Whoopty Woop release.  (Sccit)

HighEyeCue

yep

it came out the same year as Dillinger & Young Gotti and Space Boogie...as good as those albums were Soopaflys was the best of the 3

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Damn.. youre right, I forgot the best one, "Put the Monkey in It".  I think I forgot it cause I saw it as like a Daz track but it was actually Soopafly feat. Daz.  I bought that soundtrack the day it was released because of that song.  I also liked the Coolio single on there and I'm kind of embarrassed to admit but I kind of got caught up in the Master P hype around that time as well and "Nothin To Lose" was a Master P TRU track to fit the movie title.  Good movie too by the way, maybe I will watch it tonight because I'm bored waiting for the next Suge Collect Call. 

So that's 3 videos Death Row made for Soopafly tracks in his prime era "I Don't Hang" and "Put the Monkey in It" and "Like it or Not".  All 3 tracks I was a big fan of. 

"Like it Or Not" I must have had on repeat for an entire week after it was released and it inspired me to even shoot my shot at a girl at school and get a girlfriend for a week at the time, 17, we went over to a friends house who had dropped out of school and had his own apartment, and I was impressed he had his own apartment, it was the first time a friend of mine had his own place, he was dating the best friend of my girlfriend I picked up listening to "Like it or Not" and the next year I got an apartment at the same complex--so all these big changes in my life happened to me on the release of "Like it Or Not" being released on that otherwise mostly forgettable Death Row album.

So nobody should say I'm not a true Soopafly fan just because I missed the Whoopty Woop release.  (Sccit)

Then once he left Death Row, he was in a big time video for Loosen Control with Snoop.  Fly was supposed to release his album Big Willie Dynamite on Dogghouse Records but Snoop got jealous of the amount of attention Fly was getting after that video and Snoop shelved the album forever.

Snoop put him with those two nobodies, Demani and Good Lucc hoping to kill his career.  Demani was ok, but Lucc was so far hopeless, he tried to ride Fly's coattails, but once Fly bounced from the group, i never heard anything more from Lucc ever again, I think he works the night shift at 7-11 now.  Demani cool though, but he still got mad outshined by Fly.  That's always been Fly's problem in rap, he outshines all his contemporaries, and they get jealous.  Snoop basically paid him to keep him on Doggystyle and keep him in the background to never release anything so he wouldn't squash Snoop's career as well. 

Okka

Thanks for sharing this. Never seen the whole video before.

No, it wasn't. It's a Daz and Soopafly song. Both of theirs. That's how it was labeled on the soundtrack and the single too.