Author Topic: Biggest Disappointment On Tha West?  (Read 488 times)

kingpin_4eva

• 'G'
  • LADIES #1 LOVER
Biggest Disappointment On Tha West?
« on: May 25, 2003, 10:58:54 PM »
For me it's not really an individual, but a record company called Deathrow or Tha Row whatever they want to call it, because they still suck. They useta be the most talented label in hiphop in tha early to mid 90's, but what went wrong. I know there's no Dre or Snoop, but Suge said it himself that people are tired of hearing the same people from the west all the time. So it's his opportunity to do something about it and he ain't doing shit. They come out with a weak as soundtrack and think they coming back on top. lol! As the songs says "It still tha row" damn right it is because they ain't put out quality material for a while now. That's all I have to say, please drop a post concerning an individual or record company that is a big disappointment. Thanx
Nah, maybe it's the bitches and the sunshine
Fool, it's the palm trees, cool breeze and one-time
This the home of ragtops and swimsuits
We wear Chuck Taylors, nigga, we don't fuck with Timb boots!

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re:Biggest Disappointment On Tha West?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2003, 11:08:52 PM »
For me the Biggest Disappointment is that most of the artist are stuck in the past look at Death Row, they are claiming to be Still Tha Row but its not the case the people that made the Label Successful are gone.Also rappers that talk about the same things or always used the same rhymes: Folks,locs,gangbang,Thang,slang and more, they dont have creativity, how many times they sampled "Atomic Dog" or "more Bounce to The Once"  :-X

So Basically The West aint got creativity to bring something hot and new ...In fact if there wasnt no Dj Quik,Dr.Dre,DoggHouse & Damizza West Coast music would be dead

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2003, 11:15:32 PM »
i agree.
without dj quik, dre , snoop & his ppl , ice cube , the west would be dead. no joke :(
« Last Edit: May 25, 2003, 11:16:27 PM by LAzoo »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 11:26:04 PM »
"Beautiful, I juss want you to know, your my favorite gurl, yeah yeah yeah"

shiet lyke that!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 12:04:47 AM »
To me, Dre makes the west look good and bad. Good cause we can say that the best producer ever is from the west...but producers who are at the same level as dre, such as quik, get no sorta respect, and the fact dre doesn't really work with west coast artists gives the impression that we suck.
Also, Dre is too fuckin high on radar...he is tite, but in my opinion it ain't where he's the only mafucka on the west who should get respect.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2003, 12:12:36 AM »
well West Coast Rappers sucks

E-40 put albums out every year and they all sucks
Too Short tired of the same talk shit...in fact most of the Bay Area artist their music is not listenable in the other coast. And the fact that they dont have major deal makes them lazy and makes them only make music for the fans wich is not something good to do

if anybody from the west was like Ras Kass the west would still shine today but for now its dead

tony_montana

• Lil Geezy
  • what it do??
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2003, 11:45:15 AM »
dj quik never gets respect...dude is tha best producer on tha west dre cant even fuck wit him..it takes dre 3yrs 2 come up wit 1 beat... and 9 times out of 10 tha beat is not even dre's... and dre would take all tha credit 4it...quik never have took credit 4 sumthin that wasnt him...quik took dre's protege truth hurt's and made her a star..and dre didnt do shit 4 her except a damn remix ....

dre's a big disappointment.... he got a devin tha dude clone in knocturnal... becuz devin told him 2 go fuck himself...dre tried 2 fuck off devin's career...

mc ren is another.. becuz tha nigga ren still got some flow in him and he's jus droppin 16 bars on bullshit albums...only thang we can get from him now is that bullshit asss kizz my black azz reissue... and that wasnt his best album... rerelease..shock of tha hour... kizz my black azz aint even a full album.. 6 fuckin songs...smh

ras kas... need 2 do sumthin big..xzibit not even on this mans level ... but he has mo spotlight than...ras does..what ras gotta do fuck dre???? 2 get in tha spotlight... nigga leave them bullshit producers alone and hook up wit quik or sumbody...

e-40 and short keeps tha west on people's brains...how yall gone talk down on them...when they tha only 1's droppin consistant albums...

i guess quik's camp.. gone have 2 shake shit up this yr... suga free and hi-c gone shit up their sleeves....

amir.. gonna be a sleeper...

man tha west need 2 start another beef again... cuz its the only time these cats show naked ass when they have a beef goin...tha whole coast showed ass when pac was alive....

runs my motherfuckin mouth from 2k3 to 3k6..what that do???

real talk

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2003, 12:13:17 PM »
The biggest disappointment to me is DPG/Dogghouse. You have a rapper in Snoop who is hyped up by you but needed Pharell to help him go platinum. On top of that I remember most of them saying they the best label. Dogghouse roster pretty much sucks to. I doubt Soopfly Supafly or whatever he calls himself will ever see an album out. E White? I doubt he will do shit. So to me it's Dogghouse because they pretty much sucks to sum it up.

gFuNkA

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2003, 12:50:54 PM »
the westcoast productions disappointed me as a whole.

im missing good productions nowadays. the two doggystyle records releases, WC´s album, Bad Azz, 40Glocc...even Daz and DJ Quik´s last releases werent that great productions if you ask me. things getting played out very fast. lack of quality.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2003, 03:09:58 PM »
I think it's creativity (although the majority of the East and South are not creative at all either) but even if you talk about the same shit it can still turn out classic (Dr. Dre - 2001). The production style has changed for the worst. Most of the new West Coast producers are trying to sound futuristic like Dre but are doing a bad job with a few exceptions. I wouldn't mind seeing traditional G-Funk brought back obviously with a modern twist similar to how Kanye West/Just Blaze revived the soul samples and put their own signature sound to it.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2003, 03:18:10 PM »
dj quik never gets respect...dude is tha best producer on tha west dre cant even fuck wit him..it takes dre 3yrs 2 come up wit 1 beat... and 9 times out of 10 tha beat is not even dre's... and dre would take all tha credit 4it...quik never have took credit 4 sumthin that wasnt him...quik took dre's protege truth hurt's and made her a star..and dre didnt do shit 4 her except a damn remix ....

Are you in the studio to know what's going on behind the scenes?

dre's a big disappointment.... he got a devin tha dude clone in knocturnal... becuz devin told him 2 go fuck himself...dre tried 2 fuck off devin's career...

Where did you get this from?  This is pure foolishness.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 11:58:55 AM by C2Knuckles »

Jome

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2003, 06:51:01 PM »

Where did you get this from?  Is this pure foolishness.

Foolishness is the right word.. not to mention that Dre produced 2 tracks for Devins CD, and since none of them were nothing special, Devin went on to find a Dre soundalike.

Anyways, disappointments..
Tha Row OST was a big disappointment, considering all the hype.
Paid the Cost was a big letdown..
Roscoe's album was disappointing, considering all the good reviews..
Man vs. Machine was a slight letdown, considering the SICK hype..

And that pretty much sums it up for the biggest Westcoast acts..
I still think that 213, Knoc, WSC, Ras Kass, Warren G and more can make great albums though.. so the future looks bright.