Author Topic: why Dj Quik is a better producer than Dre  (Read 1093 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re:why Dj Quik is a better producer than Dre
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2003, 03:36:37 PM »
It makes me happy seein so many people who agree with me that Quik is better...I have been sayin it since 2000 and 2001. Most people I kno in L.A. kno Quik is better but in other states they say Dre is the best producer in the industry, but thas only because they never hear Quik.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2003, 03:46:58 PM »
DJ Quik has never produced an album that could touch Straight Outta Compton, No One Can Do It Better, The Chronic or Doggystyle.

Dr. Dre has produced more undisputed classic hip-hop albums then any other producer.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2003, 03:47:56 PM by C2Knuckles »

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2003, 04:01:25 PM »
DJ Quik has never produced an album that could touch Straight Outta Compton, No One Can Do It Better, The Chronic or Doggystyle.

Dr. Dre has produced more undisputed classic hip-hop albums then any other producer.

thas true but at the same time, dre hasn't been as dope since. If he was makin beats like Quik makes now, then he would get even more respect in the game than he gets right now.
DJ Quik may not be as good of a executive producer as Dre, but at the same time, Quik hasn't had the same opportunities to produce for big names as Dre did...he gave PERFECT beats to 2nd II None and other rappers with the same like.

P2G

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2003, 04:05:32 PM »
yeah this threads got kinda into a name-callin match, but anywayz, i think a lot of people are thinkin theres got to be a winner, there isnt, and i maybe titled this thread wrong by using BETTER.. what is better? im not gonn get into all that but i know quik is one down to earth mofo and him sayin he has learned a lot from dre is exactly something i'd expect him to say, and he probably has, whats to say dre aint learned from quik, just cos he hasn't said it in a interview... i think some guy hit it on the head though about "put it on me" havin dre's influence, i like the song, but you can hear Dre's sound straight away, and i like it.. theres nothing wrong with dre, he's amazin

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2003, 04:42:53 PM »
quik has impressed me through out his entire career.
i haven't checked for dre in i don't know how long.
honestly i'd listen to plenty of other westcoast producers before even thinking of him.

I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Jac

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2003, 04:43:36 PM »

Quik is the name, Safe & Sound, Rythm-al-ism, 2nd II None's first album  & Suga Free's street Gospel were just as good. Get your facts straight before you post something stupid again.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2003, 04:49:12 PM »
Quik is the name, Safe & Sound, Rythm-al-ism, 2nd II None's first album  & Suga Free's street Gospel were just as good. Get your facts straight before you post something stupid again.

If you think these albums are undisputed hip-hop classics and on the same level with The Chronic or Straight Outta Compton then you are one dumb son of a bitch.  

You don't even know the name of 2nd II None's first album but you're calling it a classic and putting it on the level of Doggystyle.  LOL, that's cute.

Jac

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2003, 05:26:28 PM »

If you think these albums are undisputed hip-hop classics and on the same level with The Chronic or Straight Outta Compton then you are one dumb son of a bitch.  

You don't even know the name of 2nd II None's first album but you're calling it a classic and putting it on the level of Doggystyle.  LOL, that's cute.

2nd II None's first album was self titiled thats why i said there first album u stupid white piece of shit.

Jome

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2003, 08:35:14 PM »
LoL @ this Quik groupie.. she probably got a backstage partout-card.

Jome

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2003, 08:37:54 PM »

2nd II None's first album was self titiled thats why i said there first album u stupid white piece of shit.

Hmmm...

Code: [Select]
- Rasicm, Sexism and/or religious bigotry will not be tolerated in any shape or form.

smerlus

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2003, 09:17:19 PM »
maybe LB gerz was talking about the color of the piece of shit.....note there's not a comma after white meaning that stupid and white are both characteristics of said piece of shit. now if there were commas...then he/she would be calling whomever stupid, white and a piece of shit, or a stupid white, piece of shit...therefore LB Gerz is not guilty of a hate crime on the WCC forum and you must aquit.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2003, 12:20:37 AM »
Not just producing though, listen to put it on me when theyre rappin together... quik was by far the better rapper on that track.  

in dre's defence i think he was going thru a weird phase where he was trying out new styles of rapping. u might have heard crooked guys (w/ truth hurts). he tried a new style there too. u cant say quik is a better rapper based on put it on me. dre is definitely a better rapper tho at times quik comes up with gr8 lyrics.
production wise i cant make up my mind on who's better. theyre both diffreent and both very good. lets just leave it at that.

Quakaveli

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2003, 05:19:19 AM »
I was a Dre dickrider but that man always makes headbumping music

Quiks music takes a little taste, and initially I didnt bump his shit much when i was a pop-rap teenybooper, but this mans a musical genuis, much more versitile than Dre, just look at Addictive, shit was his idea and blew up...fool has a real musical head.  Of course Dre will always bring bangers, but I prefer Quik slightly over Dre over musicmanship

tony_montana

• Lil Geezy
  • what it do??
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2003, 05:40:05 AM »
safe n sound is on tha level as tha chronic and doggystyle..hell its sounds better than any of those albums music wise..aint shit ever made can fuck wit tha clarity and clearness of safe n sound...and quik produce that whole album ...

unlike dre...

hell dre didnt even produce all tha song on those albums...daz had a hand in both those albums...

no one can do it betta and straight out of compton.. dj yella

quik uses musicians... hell who doesnt...quincy jones tha greatest producer ever uses them...

unlike dre.. quik gets musicians who been in tha game.. who has skills and wont do no half ass shit..nigga

quik said it in 92 he's amerikas most complete artist..nobody has taken tha crown yet..

dre he's great becuz of deathrow... deathrow made dre who he is today...be4 tha row... dre was in tha same level as quik... he was gettin mention as tha games greatest producer or tha best of tha west when he was wit ruthless...

runs my motherfuckin mouth from 2k3 to 3k6..what that do???

Suga Foot

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2003, 09:06:13 AM »
I think Jake made some good points, I mean sure Quik makes dope beats, but most of the stuff he makes has all been done before.  Someone said something about Quiks "late night" beat for pac, compared to "cali love", both songs are not original.  Dre replayed the melody from a Joe Cocker song, and Quik just took an old song and looped it.  

IMO If Dre and Quik were a production team, they'd be unstopable.