Author Topic: Hip Hop Witch  (Read 119 times)

mrtonguetwista

Hip Hop Witch
« on: June 12, 2003, 07:47:36 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of/seen this movie?

It's a 2000 low-budget release starring Eminem, Ja-Rule,Vanilla Ice, Mobb Deep.

I just read in the Detroit newspaper online that they're refusing to put it on the video store shelves because of the cover.  I guess too demonic.

It's a parody of "The Blair Witch Project"
« Last Edit: June 12, 2003, 07:48:16 AM by mrtonguetwista »

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Re:Hip Hop Witch
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 09:14:58 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of/seen this movie?

It's a 2000 low-budget release starring Eminem, Ja-Rule,Vanilla Ice, Mobb Deep.

I just read in the Detroit newspaper online that they're refusing to put it on the video store shelves because of the cover.  I guess too demonic.

It's a parody of "The Blair Witch Project"

Sure ive seen it on the net to buy...but to be honest i was a bit afraid that it would be crap...let us kno if ever you get to rent it bro...would be interesting to say the least :)

ThreeSixty

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 09:32:38 AM »
i've seen it. it funny as hell and its the kinda movie even people not into hip hop will like.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2003, 04:34:36 PM »
lol....sounds like a real Oscar contender. ::)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2003, 11:10:33 PM »
Shit, that reminds me of Pauly Shore's parady "The Bogus Witch Project".....stupid ass movie!

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2003, 01:34:47 AM »
ive heard about it.....not seen it anywhere

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 07:22:54 AM »
I'se heard about it and I seen a trailer of some sort online, but it didn't seem to be done very well. Plus I think that they didn't make it properly, the probably shot each rappers pieces separately, whenever they had the chance. (Doesn't it strike you as odd to have Eminem and Vanilla Ice in the same movie?)

I'm thinking that "starring Eminem Vanilla Ice etc." is just marketing, just like the film Wrecking Crew - on the cover it says "Starring Ice-T & Snoop Dogg" with big pictures of both. Snoop only appears in the beginning, and he didn't even shoot anything for the movie - his appearance is compiled of music video clips and an interview taken out of context. He's supposed to be some drug kingpin. The scenes with Ice-T were real, meaning he did those scenes for the movie especially. But there's hardly enough of footage with him in the film to make him the starring actor. Plus I've seen bits of some other movie where Ice-T wears the exact same clothes and carries the same shotgun. Most likely he did some filming in different studios at the same time...

Huh, what? Oh yeah, the Hip-Hop Witch. (Got a bit carried away there...) Doesn't seem like a real movie, that's what I'm sayin'. Just compiled footage made into a movie.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2003, 07:36:41 AM »
I was partly right on the rappers' appearances part... This is from IMDB.com:

Hip Hop Witch

Favian Garcia
Guttenberg, NJ, USA

Date: 5 June 2003
Summary: false advertising at its worst

I can't believe artisan (the same studio that released Blair witch) is actually distributing this pile of crap.

Don't be fooled by other positive user reviews for this DVD. They are all reviews submitted by its filmmakers. This is plainly and painfully obvious once you see this awful mess.

First of all, don't be fooled by the new cover of the DVD. The original release of the DVD did not have eminem on the cover for a good reason. The story of the DVD has nothing to do with eminem, and its false advertising to have him on the cover. Obviously they're trying to cash in on his fame with the redesigned cover. Pathetic.

To give you an idea of how awful this movie is, eminem got into legal battles with its producers because he was so ashamed of being involved in it, he wanted any footage containing him to be edited out. And I don't blame him.

There is more false advertising. There is no acting by any of the rappers listed on the box. All they did was tape several famous rappers saying how bad and evil the hip-hop witch are. Each rapper has a screen time of maybe 2 minutes to 3 minutes. Then the cut back to the storyline of a bunch of suburban kids getting lost in NYC. (Which is poorly edited by the way.) Let me reiterate, that the rappers listed on the cover of the DVD aren't involved with the plot, or the storyline. It's god-awful. Not to mention there is no real storyline in this movie. It's just a vehicle for showcasing a bunch of rappers talking about a non-existent witch. You can even see the disgust in their faces as they talk about it, but getting paid is getting paid isn't it? The storyline has no continuity, no climax, no ending. I repeat it has NO ENDING. No conclusion, no protagonist, or antagonist.

Steer clear of this straight to video disaster.

Well there ya go then...