Author Topic: Why do people even like Ja Rule?  (Read 343 times)

da_notorious_mack

Re:Why do people even like Ja Rule?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2003, 02:11:35 PM »
the same reason people like you............

THEY DONT! j/p

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2003, 02:24:28 PM »
That is all of your opnion.... I share that opinion but its beacuse of opinions that he has fans. Some people like his music beacause they have different tastes.. I think you basiclly asked a  stupid question.

Maybe I did but you must agree with me that the media brainwashes the people to make them buy the stuff they say is hot.

yeah i do agree with that.. but some of it is just like love for the music.. the same as i love Tech N9nes music, or M&M's music.. u feel me?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2003, 08:15:16 PM »
i think ja got a lot worste and more pop, as the years went on

Jome

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2003, 09:22:29 PM »
the same reason people like 50...em...dre...snoop...jay-z...nas...nelly...

Or more likely..
Some people on here likes (or pretends to like) Ja Rule for the simple fact that he disses 50 Cent, Eminem & Dr.Dre.

I know for a fact that people wouldn't cheer for Ja Rules music, if he didn't diss the mentioned..
I have trouble seeing a real hiphop-fan applauding "Mesmerize", "I'm real" or any other tracks Ja Rule have put out the last few years.

"The Wrap" and "The Wrap" remix is the exceptions, but that's not real tracks, because both uses other peoples beats..
But it might be a sign that Ja wants to get back to hiphop.. who knows.

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2003, 09:49:15 PM »
It's Muuuuuuurrrrrrrrddddddaaaaaa!!!!

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2003, 09:51:17 PM »
Ja is hip hop. He raps and uses harmony. His first album was good, the rest suck. He has catchy singles and a few hardcore songs on his albums. I don't like him but you can still be a  ::)real::) hip hop head if you like him because I see ::)real::) hip hop fans liking 50 Cent, Loon, Fabolous, etc. who are pretty much the same type of rapper. To me they all have some good songs from time to time.  

OutSider

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2003, 09:51:38 PM »
lol.. i never like Ja-rule... i think i even made a thread about it.. sometime ago.. lol

Jome

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2003, 10:08:05 PM »

Ja is hip hop. He raps and uses harmony. His first album was good, the rest suck. He has catchy singles and a few hardcore songs on his albums. I don't like him but you can still be a  ::)real::) hip hop head if you like him because I see ::)real::) hip hop fans liking 50 Cent, Loon, Fabolous, etc. who are pretty much the same type of rapper. To me they all have some good songs from time to time.  

I can't see how you can classify his last 2 efforts as hiphop..
But then again.. some people classify Missy Elliott as hiphop..

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2003, 10:26:59 PM »
To me hip hop = rap music. I don't have this fictitious divider between the two. I just go by the original meaning of hip hop. So I'm saying Ja is rap music not R&B. I haven't listened to his too latest releases in their entirety so I don't know what they are like but I am sure he kept it balanced between pop tracks and hard tracks like he did with Rule 3:36 which was the last Ja album I have heard.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2003, 10:30:39 PM by WestCoastVeteran »

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2003, 11:20:20 PM »
this is a very interesting post indeed ;D

i like ja's music and 50's and em's but at the same time i listen to talib kweli, sly boogy, gangstarr, brotha lynch, techn9ne etc.....

ja's first album was dope, y'all gotta admit that, he wasnt no commercial act, his single "holla" was the only commercial song on that cd, the rest of it was raw and hardcore

HOWEVER since that album ja has gone away from that style, his last album was hmmmm cheesy, too poppy but i liked a few songs on that album

for the peeps interested in why i like ja's music, well his music is very bumpable, he has released some catchy songs, "Livin it Up" has a very dope beat and some of his other songs are dope too

he aint the best rapper but his rhymes arent as simple as the big tymers, in other words he could be worse

S.G.V.

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2003, 12:43:13 AM »

Or more likely..
Some people on here likes (or pretends to like) Ja Rule for the simple fact that he disses 50 Cent, Eminem & Dr.Dre.

I know for a fact that people wouldn't cheer for Ja Rules music, if he didn't diss the mentioned..
I have trouble seeing a real hiphop-fan applauding "Mesmerize", "I'm real" or any other tracks Ja Rule have put out the last few years.

"The Wrap" and "The Wrap" remix is the exceptions, but that's not real tracks, because both uses other peoples beats..
But it might be a sign that Ja wants to get back to hiphop.. who knows.

ive said it before...ill say it again...i dont like ja...im just defendin him because everyone is gangin up on him...but ja is hip hop...he still makes hip hop records...with HARMONIZING incorporated...i guess..by ur definition..Bone Thugs arent hip hop either...right?

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2003, 07:43:31 AM »
I did like JA, but it became too much.  I bought RUle 3:36 becasue it did have some decent tracks on there.  Tracks like "6 Ft. Underground" made it worth the money I spent on the album.  I then bought "Pain IS LOve."  It definitly was a steo down fron his previous efforts, nad he'd come to make way too many R&B tracks.  If he would've kept it balanced, I wouldn't have mind those tracks.  Then, 50 came out, and I lost a lot of respect for JA when I found out how childish he was being over the whole beef at the start. Aroun late 2001, i heard about 50 and learned about the beef with JA, and how JA pretty much started the whole thing by being a damn fool about the whole situation.  Finally, the 2Pac copying came to the point where it was no longer just subtle.  It became so obvious that Stevie Wonder could see it.  The LAst Temptation album was the last straw.  JA wasn't even trying to make good music anymore, and the album cover and pictures where too much like something Pac would do.  I just lost intrest in JA through overexposure, and not being able to make a better product.  That's why me, and about 2 Million other people, stopped listening to No limit in 1999.  THe product was overexposed, and it was redundant as hell.  Nothing new and more of the same thing.  Who knows what will happen with Ja now?  We'll have to wait and see.

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2003, 07:47:00 AM »
Ohh word.. ja's older shit.. 3:36 and that other one that i can never say the name of is dope.. no doubt

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2003, 08:05:42 AM »
the same people who are talking about "real hiphop fans" not liking ja are the same ones who used to bump that type of shit hmm what a coincidence...if u say vvv isn't dope your playing yourself...
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris