Author Topic: Why the hell does Fabolous come off dope on Westcoast tracks ?  (Read 638 times)

The Watcher

Re:Why the hell does Fabolous come off dope on Westcoast tracks ?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2003, 06:23:55 AM »
you gotta be raised in a gutter to be a 'real hip hop fan' ?  ::) what kind of shit is that? people breakin' and doin graf werent necessarily raised from the gutter, and thats a REAL hiphop fan
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

fa bo lo us

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • im gangsta, yall just wannabees
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2003, 06:24:12 AM »
Fab really ain't as bad as people make him to be. He's got sick punchlines.

On his solo albums he sounds like a stuckup Beverly Hills kid who doesn't care about the album cuz he knows the pop audience will swallow it.. and the beats he gets/chooses sounds like Irv Gotti meets Max Martin.

I seriously thought he was finished as a rapper after M.O.P. humiliated him on "Keeping it gangsta remix", and laughed at him in interviews afterwards. That was great.

please. MOP were the worst on that track by far. FAB and Paul Caine stole the show

'soon as ya get a crumb they wanna burry ya,
thats why i travel with a semi,
like eddie,
in coming to america' :o

'Before these slugs sink through your waves like anchors, :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
We don't own clean guns (all our techs is dirty)
I toss bullets, New York niggas gel like Testaverde' :o

« Last Edit: August 19, 2003, 06:50:57 AM by fa bo lo us »
'i never park my cl in the p's, coz the system in the back make it look like i got parkinsons disease'

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2003, 04:04:54 PM »

lol pleez foo, nuff cats hatin on fabolous but nuff kats recognize he got skills to..............game wouldnt go on record with anybody imo.........but your right, i dont know much about fabolous but i hold my opinion from what ive heard which is good enough

and whats with the proper hiphopfans bullshit?  real hiphop fans wont listen to his albums until they hear sumthing worth hearin...........real hiphop fans  realise that snoops in a zone at the moment that he hasnt reached for ages instead of bitchin about him workin with neptunes, truth is with kats like yourself, sometimes i wonder even if he creadted sumthing seriously great with the neptunes youd still hate.........and no i dont think he has yet before you start, but his sure spittin well.......listen to that joint on the star trak comp.........but im sure you already have......you need to stop listenin that bubba bullshit and open ya ears, he'd be wack without timbaland beats, thats the only reason many cats listen to him is cuz of his beats..........though i giv him credit, his def improved......

i dunno.........sometime foo's jus make me wonder about the bullshit they sipt about being a "proper hip hop fan"...................................truth is you wont truly understand real hip hop unless you raised in the gutter..........which i doubt u have..........................but thats my imo

peace

Easy now..
All I said was.. you cant say that people hate on Fabolous when you haven't even heard his albums..
Now.. go and listen to those albums, and then get enlightened as to why people hate on Fabolous albums.
You cant speak on Fabolous being sick, when you haven't heard even 1 of his 2 albums.

truth is you wont truly understand real hip hop unless you raised in the gutter..........which i doubt u have..........................but thats my imo

Complete bullshit.
WTH you bringing Bubba or Snoop in to a Fabolous-discussion, beats me..  ???
Compensation.. ?
All discussions cant be won by bringing Snoop into the picture.

lol pleez i aint into no tryna win or loose a convo, im jus sayin wut i feel, which as for now i stand by........

aiight i might go listen a fabolous album sometime if i got time................proberly his 1st since its a debut, what the fucks it called?

peace

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2003, 10:51:17 PM »
I dont get this.. after 2 poppy radio-friendly albums, and a lot of r'n'b-cameos..
Suddenly! he comes off dope on:

* Give a fuck remix feat. Ras Kass
* Act like you know me feat. Knoc-Turn'al & Shade Sheist

And then lately on..

* Fall Back feat. Lloyd Banks, Brandy & Who Kid

I don't get it.. is it the competition from supreme MC's like Ras Kass & Lloyd Banks that makes him raise the bar..  ???

Dude, you hate on Fabolous because you think it makes you more of a Hip-Hop-Head...You think it's "cool" to hate on him...It's obvious to me you haven't heard his albums...If you have, you woulda' known that Fabolous's verse off of "Don't Give a Fuck Remix" with Ras Kass is the same verse as the original off his album "Street Dreams"...Come on man, more heads respect Fabolous than 50 Cent...You just hear what other people say, and form your own opinion off of that...I bet you haven't heard anything from Fab besides his singles played on the radio...I'm not saying the guy is great or anything, but give credit where it's due...He got some sick ass multis and punchlines, where as 50 has nothing...Whatever though, it don't matter...PeACe