Author Topic: Westside Connection or Eastsidaz? Which one will blow up?  (Read 336 times)

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
Westside Connection or Eastsidaz? Which one will blow up?
« on: September 01, 2003, 05:54:21 AM »
Which one will be the biggest for the West?

I can't decide.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

Don Seer

Re:Westside Connection or Eastsidaz? Which one will blow up?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 06:00:28 AM »
I think both are gonna do really well.
and I think 213 is a gonna flop.

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2003, 06:05:02 AM »
Shit, I forgot about 213.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2003, 07:34:59 AM »
I'm afraid 213 will flop, Tha Eastsidaz will surprise everybody and blow the fuck up and with the right promotion WSC can do very well too.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2003, 07:49:50 AM »
I'm thinking WSC will be the biggest record. They got the legendary status already in the West, Ice Cube worldwide. 213 most likely at least has the chance for more media attention thanks to Snoop, but ain't no telling what the product will be like. WSC and Eastsidaz will be tight, no matter what. You need an act of God to fuck up those albums. 213 sure has the potential to be tight, but if the beats are anything like on "Paid The Cost..." it'll probably be the hardest dissappointment of my whole time listening to music. 'Cause you got these legends doing an album together, you figure it's bound to be tight, but what we've heard about the producer choices makes me wanna cross my fingers just in case. 'Cause almost every producer failed miserably to reach his level of quality on "Paid The Cost..." and I'm afraid it'll happen again. But yeah, if they push it right and get the fans' attention, WSC will be the biggest record. Eastsidaz will be a hella tight album, but ain't no way they'll have access to promotion tools as big as 213 or even WSC. But that's aaight, 'cause we don't want lil' kids adopting crip manerisms and c-walking down the aisle at Mickey D's, do we?

Mudpole

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2003, 08:22:19 AM »
I think WSC will cause this album won't be like the first
cause it won't be dissin' the east or maybe they might?
This time they don't have a reason to.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2003, 09:11:48 AM »
EastSidaz will Do well
WestSide Connection will flop
213 will do well because of Snoop & Nate

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2003, 09:46:08 AM »
Hope Eastsidaz at least gonna go gold....
and they have a good chance....

W.S.C.  :-\.... dunno really, maybe cus of cube....

213 Will do pretty good cus they got good promo with the neptunes and Dre..... even over here they on the magazines, so they will probably do good....
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2003, 10:19:18 AM »
I'm afraid 213 will flop, Tha Eastsidaz will surprise everybody and blow the fuck up and with the right promotion WSC can do very well too.

Same here  ;)

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2003, 11:28:46 AM »
I think WSC will cause this album won't be like the first
cause it won't be dissin' the east or maybe they might?
This time they don't have a reason to.

actually they do have a good reason why they should diss the east...when they interviewed then during 96 on power...they were saying how the east was disrespecting our music...they don't play none of our shit on radios...tv...all that...and the SAME fucking shit is still goin on today..

Ltnluv23

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2003, 11:55:27 AM »
well i have to agree n disagree with both of you guys...and ill tell u why...1st 213 will blow up definently, and mainly because snoop dogg, if u havent noticed by now...snoop has recently blown up EVEN MORE then he has for the past 3 years, hes appearing on a lot of songs n videos, PIMP Remix, Chingy album, ludacris album, etc......and also 213 has been getting mad airplay here with "Fly"....and this is rare because artists like Warren n Nate dont get much play round stations, except for maybe Nate and as much as we all dont want BIG TOP producers on the album such as Tim, Neptunes, etc...dats gonna help the album blow up even more....As far as Eastsidaz....they had their chance twice..and never really did anything big...except for maybe Eastsidaz winning new artist award couple years ago....if they can manage to bring a HOT 1st single, then maybe they can do sumtin..but i dont see them blowin up........as far as WSC....maybe if they can get Dre on sum beats n singles.....seeing as how Ice Cube is pretty well known...so dat could help......but so far as it looks now....213 will prob be the biggest record westcoast record this year..i dont see no one else selling bigger units then them.......sly boogie wont blow up cuz hell just be seen as a regular westcoast rapper gettin little video play on BET..and prolly NO play on regular radio stations except for in Cali........I know alot about songs getting airplay because I use to be a intern for 93.9 down here in D.C. and its easy to tell which records will blow up, and which ones won't, surely there are artists that deserve the attention, but sadly don't get much, for instance, Roscoe, who I think should get more then he gets, but the again thats politics!  ::)

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2003, 12:06:06 PM »
As far as Eastsidaz....they had their chance twice..and never really did anything big...except for maybe Eastsidaz winning new artist award couple years ago....if they can manage to bring a HOT 1st single, then maybe they can do sumtin..but i dont see them blowin up........

Dint The Eastsidaz album do like platinum
and "duces´n´trays.... The old fashion way" gold?
Thats kinda pretty good, since they from the westcoast and all....
"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Active Ingredient

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • wake up in tha mornin with my lucky charms cereal
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2003, 05:44:17 PM »
if that khakis and chucks mix tape was an indication of whats gonna be on gang bang music then its gonna be hot!

i dont see why everyone thinks 213s gonna flop just because of one wack song that hopefully wont even be on the album. snoops at his best when hes working with his old school homies, and nate and warren always drop dope shit.

"I keep it gangsta for the kids" -Goldie Loc

Jome

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2003, 10:11:55 PM »
I think both are gonna do really well.
and I think 213 is a gonna flop.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2003, 10:43:23 PM »
Westside Connection fa sho!