Author Topic: HHAHAHAHA S. KOREA I LOVE YOU!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1918 times)

min0rity

Re: HHAHAHAHA S. KOREA I LOVE YOU!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2002, 08:02:05 AM »

I don't want to have to say this again man

FOOTBALL IS NOT 'JUST' or 'ONLY' A GAME

The effect it has on countries goes too deep for it to be a game

^^ 100% on point

yo let me teach ya'll nonbelievers a little lesson...you see korea is struggling with income and poverty and things like this gives us recongition throughout the world which means more opportunitys for our country to grow and exceed (business, status, etc.) i mean ya'll americans, or japs, europeans don't have to worry about shit like that cuz ya'll already stable with your economy so it might just be a game to you but not for us....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2002, 08:18:33 AM »
"ITS A GAME...and its about MONEY, nothing else !!"

Explain please

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2002, 08:20:56 AM »
yer but Argentina never really went into a game thinking it was guna be a piss game.  They played Nigeria Sweden and England, I dont think they went into any 1 of those game thinking oh we are defo guna win this.  thats why I didnt pu them down.  Sweden went into the game against Senegal prob thinkin it was guna be easy along with france and every game they played, Portugal with America and Korea, and all the other teams I said

yo.. i dont really agree with you.. before the argentina/sweden game the argentinaian coach said "we will win over sweden" .. soo i think argentina underrated sweden...

i cant proberly change ur mind, but i DONT think sweden underrated senegal...  :-/
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Big BpG

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2002, 08:53:24 AM »
See, that's where you don't really have any understanding of the game

I know you're into Mexico, but you don't live there - although you have pointed out how much it means to your Dad

If you live in America of course it's only a game - and maybe it's better if it is kept as a GAME, maybe America have got it right

But seriously, why do you think people murder each other over football

You probably don't realise but when the USA knocked Colombia out of the World Cup in 1994, it was by an own goal.  The guy who scored the own goal, Escobar, upon returning home to Colombia, someone just walked up to him and shot him in the head.

The World Cup meant everything to everyone in Colombia

It's pretty sad, but before South Korea's match against Italy today, this 20 year old Korean kid just set himself on fire because he wanted to become the Korean's '12th man'.  He thought by killing himself he was helping the team.

In the 1998 qualifiers, two minor countries had a disagreement over a match so they just went to war with each other, thousands died

Every single week I travel 200 miles to watch Manchester United, and apart from my family, they're more important to me than anything.  You can like the Lakers, you can say you love them, but nobody would view Basketball as life or death.

One of the greatest English managers ever said "Football's not life or death, it's more than that".  Living in the US you have no idea.

Every English person will say that if England win the World Cup, the country will go mad.  It will be so special and will still be talked about in 250 years.  No exagerrations.

It probably should be just a game. But it's not.

like i said, its just a game...

i remember that escobar incident... and I've been watching sports for my whole life... soccer is just a sport... we learn to play it at a young age... just like american football... our biggest sport, we don't kill people over wins and losses... its a game... just a game... take it any farther and its on the individual, not on the sport... its just a game...when mexico lost, of course i was a little upset, same with my dad, but my dad, who is from mexico said to me... "its alright, its what makes football great, thats why they play the game" ... i agree... i wasn't about to go kill my mom cause she was raised in america... its a sport...nothing more, and like i said before, if you take it any farther, then its on you, not the sport

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

bez

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2002, 08:57:59 AM »
Yer its is just a game. thats the way it shud be.  A fun for everyone game.  people who take football seriously are fools when there are much more important things in life than sitting there and watching men (or women) kikin a piece of leather around a field.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2002, 08:58:01 AM »
Exactly BPG!!!!

That's my whole point!

In the US, they have got it RIGHT

There should be more important things, it should be only a GAME

But can you recognize that to millions around the world, it is not just a game?

gFuNkA

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2002, 08:59:22 AM »
sorry, deleted my post cause i havent read yours fully.

i see soccer like a game, nothing else...it gives me a good feeling when my team wins, but i can also loose like a man without trippin around bitchin against the other teams....some ppl are gettin very aggressive...attacking other ppl or attacking the referee etc...they cannot loose, have to learn to see it as a GAME. the things you mentioned in your post are not speaking for a full country, for example this 20 year old Korean kid who set himself on fire was trippin out cause he dont realised that its only a GAME, and thats sad, but this dont mean that all koreans are feeling like him. all the aggressive hooligans acting like stupid kids who are giving a fuck about their own country are using this GAME just to replace something that they are missing in their life. soccer is a wonderful game, its a sport, win like a man and loose like a man. if you take it friendly and like a sportsman its all good.

but i see your point, its also something political...major countries against little countries, the big one against the minority, the ones who have money and the best players  against the ones who dont have money and not the best players. the game might change your feelings, but not your life, cause its only a GAME.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2002, 09:04:22 AM »
I would agree with that mostly

You gotta agree though, at times, Football has the ability to become more than a Sport, in terms of uniting a whole country in celebration, more than any other sport.

Lol with GFunka posting about it, it reminds me of a quote by Gary Liniker

"Football is a game, and at the end the Germans win"
lol

Joachim

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2002, 09:08:34 AM »
For me football is a passion, thats the best way i can explain it, theres no words to describe how i feel when Highbury erupts on a Saturday afternoon, no words to describe how Jay feels when Roy Keane lifts a trophy in front of thousands at Old Trafford, football is part of so many peoples day to day life its crazy, and theres nothing we can do, we're addicted, for real.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2002, 09:13:26 AM »
For me football is a passion, thats the best way i can explain it, theres no words to describe how i feel when Highbury erupts on a Saturday afternoon, no words to describe how Jay feels when Roy Keane lifts a trophy in front of thousands at Old Trafford, football is part of so many peoples day to day life its crazy, and theres nothing we can do, we're addicted, for real.

That's the thing about Joachim, he's so intelligent that I spend ages over 5 posts trying to explain something, and he comes in and does it in 5 lines.  An awesome post from an awesome poster.

gFuNkA

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2002, 09:19:35 AM »
You gotta agree though, at times, Football has the ability to become more than a Sport, in terms of uniting a whole country in celebration, more than any other sport.

yes, agree 100%

Lol with GFunka posting about it, it reminds me of a quote by Gary Liniker

"Football is a game, and at the end the Germans win"
lol

haha, but these times are over....england kicked us hard in our asses with the 5:1, but its all good, i like england´s team and i hope they will beat brasil cause england has a great team, see you in the final  ;D

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2002, 09:24:53 AM »
Cool man

Germany have always been the best at just WINNING

No fancy shit like Brazil, they just win

And now they got a great chance at being there in the final

Germany v England would be massive

Big BpG

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2002, 09:46:55 AM »
At times a sport can act as a microcosm to something bigger, like when U.S. hockey beat Russia in the 1982 olympics. At that time, both countries were in a struggle during the Cold War... Russia was the best team in the world and the U.S. was a small hockey team who wasn't suppose to get far... but they beat the Russians in dramatic fashion... and its probably the biggest moment in U.S. olympic history...

How about when Senegal beat France this year, it was a big thing because Senegal used to be owned by France... until they were able to become their own... so the sport acts as a Microcosm to bigger things, but in all, its just a game... the fans take it to the other level...

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2002, 09:56:39 AM »
At times a sport can act as a microcosm to something bigger, like when U.S. hockey beat Russia in the 1982 olympics. At that time, both countries were in a struggle during the Cold War... Russia was the best team in the world and the U.S. was a small hockey team who wasn't suppose to get far... but they beat the Russians in dramatic fashion... and its probably the biggest moment in U.S. olympic history...

How about when Senegal beat France this year, it was a big thing because Senegal used to be owned by France... until they were able to become their own... so the sport acts as a Microcosm to bigger things, but in all, its just a game... the fans take it to the other level...

-Big BpG

Word

The bare roots is just a game.

But the fans make it more than that.

What I hate is when I'm crying because 2nd Division Sheffield Wednesday just beat us in the 1991 League Cup Final, and someone says to me, "Don't cry, it's only a game"

The fans make it more than a game.

Word BPG, word

bez

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2002, 10:02:02 AM »

Yer I'll second Jay on that 1.  When Everton run out onto the pitch at Goodison and Z Cars plays its makes me so happy and proud to be there and be an everton fan.  I am also addicted to football.  Love watching n e team play cos theres always something different that could and usally does happen.