Author Topic: The South Is Running Hip Hop This Year...  (Read 624 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:The South Is Running Hip Hop This Year...
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2003, 06:56:05 PM »
Paul Wall & Chamillionaire are aight.  They can make some catchy choruses and have some good punchlines but nothing spectacular.

word. The best Southern artist is stic.man from dead prez, and M-1 if you count him (He's from the East but spent part of his life in the South)

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Casper

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2003, 09:37:57 PM »
Don't trip. I didn't even get into the Underground. Because the South got that locked too. I was just talking mainstream. CCC run the underground.

Gotta disagree AGAIN there buddy...
Swisha House and Sucka Free are runnin the underground right now CCC aint putout hot shit since "In love with my money" or whatever the fuck its called... right now its all about Mike Jones...

eS El Duque

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2003, 08:59:05 AM »

And, lets see, how horrible lyrically the cats on my list really are.

Lil Flip-Freestyle King, listen to his verse on Luda's album. DAMN!
David Banner-Has a lot to say, but is mainly about production.
Youngbloodz-The new age Outkast.
Lil Jon & Eastside Boyz-Mainly about hooks and production.
Bone Crusher-Not lyrical at all, still better than Snoop.
Bigg Gipp-Rips the mic like no other.
T.I.-The South's version of a Mixtape Rapper, but with more skill.
Killer Mike-Ability to spit some amazing shit. Real freestyler.
Baby-Can't rap, but spits game second only to E-40.
Big Tymers-See Baby.
3-6 Mafia-Lord Infamous is still a lyricist, but the rest aren't. Mainly about Production.
Ying Yang Twinz-Catchy hooks, funny concepts.
JD-Production.
Timbaland-Production.
Jazze Pha-Production.

You got some dope emcees, and at least 6 of the best producers in the game all from the South. The East is NOT touching the South. The West is NOT touching the South.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or do you actually think what you're saying is true??

SGV

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2003, 03:23:31 PM »

Swisha House and Sucka Free are runnin the underground right now CCC aint putout hot shit since "In love with my money" or whatever the fuck its called... right now its all about Mike Jones...
Once CCC bounced from Swisha House, I didn't check them that much. Mango is the knock, but Mike Jones is kind of annoying. Sucka Free still got it popping, true.

Lil Flip-Freestyle King, listen to his verse on Luda's album. DAMN!
David Banner-Has a lot to say, but is mainly about production.
Youngbloodz-The new age Outkast.
Lil Jon & Eastside Boyz-Mainly about hooks and production.
Bone Crusher-Not lyrical at all, still better than Snoop.
Bigg Gipp-Rips the mic like no other.
T.I.-The South's version of a Mixtape Rapper, but with more skill.
Killer Mike-Ability to spit some amazing shit. Real freestyler.
Baby-Can't rap, but spits game second only to E-40.
Big Tymers-See Baby.
3-6 Mafia-Lord Infamous is still a lyricist, but the rest aren't. Mainly about Production.
Ying Yang Twinz-Catchy hooks, funny concepts.
JD-Production.
Timbaland-Production.
Jazze Pha-Production.

You got some dope emcees, and at least 6 of the best producers in the game all from the South. The East is NOT touching the South. The West is NOT touching the South.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or do you actually think what you're saying is true??
Point out what is not true. Because that is 100% truth.

yellowmann11

• 'G'
  • Representing phoenix AZ........
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2003, 06:01:16 PM »

who mike jones coming soon....coming soon....coming soon.....dont even trip

swishahouse tight but they aint got shit on CCC and paid-n-phull right now

and if you dont know what ccc has put out lately you need to GET YOUR MIND CORRECT.....

so dont even trip on them boys....[size=22]south is runnin it[/size]

and here are some tight releases from paid-in-phull

and all these can be purcshed at ...... WWW.CHAMILLIONAIRE.COM

« Last Edit: October 07, 2003, 06:04:36 PM by yellowmann11 »
WWW.CHAMILLIONAIRE.COM

Casper

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2003, 07:34:39 PM »
ok Yellowman u live in AZ i live in TX all this shit ORIGINATED from TX... i listen to tha radio here and there and they havent played a CCC song for a while... all those albums might be good but they aint puttin shit out radio wise... no one is coppin that except for a couple of groupies... trust me right now the shit is Mike Jones and Swisha House and Sucka Free...

yellowmann11

• 'G'
  • Representing phoenix AZ........
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2003, 07:50:28 PM »
ok Yellowman u live in AZ i live in TX all this shit ORIGINATED from TX... i listen to tha radio here and there and they havent played a CCC song for a while... all those albums might be good but they aint puttin shit out radio wise... no one is coppin that except for a couple of groupies... trust me right now the shit is Mike Jones and Swisha House and Sucka Free...

only been in az for a littel over a year....came from tx

the reason you dont here it on the raido is because they mixtapes....mostely freestyles

thier solos dont drop till next month......then the game will be changed

the reason you hearing mike jones is because he and magno dropped first round draft picks a few months ago.....(orginal beats)

and as far as suckafree goes....all they got is flip who is nation wide now and suppoblesy(spell check) he is not even wit suckafree any more......(money issues)
now dont get me wrong flip is tight as hell and when his next album drops it will be fire also(hes got a lot of features wit some major names)......
mike jones and magno tight......mango bout to drop his mix cd soon(the collection plate)

so just cause you live in tx dosent mean you you upto date on these boys x-specialy if you rely on what you here on the raido...........
WWW.CHAMILLIONAIRE.COM

Casper

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2003, 08:04:36 PM »
I do hope the game changes because Chopped and Screwed needs to get bigg already Flip aint doing no work on makeing it bigg and he said he would so i guess maybe CCC can make it bigg who knows... im out!!!

abstruse

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2003, 02:20:19 PM »

Lil Flip-Freestyle King, listen to his verse on Luda's album. DAMN! <- Benzino is better then this duke
David Banner-Has a lot to say, but is mainly about production. <- talks a lot, but says nothing
Youngbloodz-The new age Outkast. <- please tell me youre joking, they never will be on the same level outkast was on.
Lil Jon & Eastside Boyz-Mainly about hooks and production. <-True
Bone Crusher-Not lyrical at all, still better than Snoop. <- Doggystyle, that is all
Bigg Gipp-Rips the mic like no other. <- never heard
T.I.-The South's version of a Mixtape Rapper, but with more skill.<- never heard
Killer Mike-Ability to spit some amazing shit. Real freestyler.<- never heard
Baby-Can't rap, but spits game second only to E-40. <-who cares
Big Tymers-See Baby.<- see baby
3-6 Mafia-Lord Infamous is still a lyricist, but the rest aren't. Mainly about Production.<- none of them are lyrical
Ying Yang Twinz-Catchy hooks, funny concepts.<- true
JD-Production. <- true
Timbaland-Production.<- true
Jazze Pha-Production.<- true

Point out what is not true. Because that is 100% truth.

VDK REPPIN!

SGV

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2003, 06:34:33 PM »

Lil Flip-Freestyle King, listen to his verse on Luda's album. DAMN! <- Benzino is better then this duke Then you haven't heard his many freestyle albums, or his real LPs.

David Banner-Has a lot to say, but is mainly about production. <- talks a lot, but says nothing That only makes me think you have never heard his album or the Crooked Lettaz album.

Youngbloodz-The new age Outkast. <- please tell me youre joking, they never will be on the same level outkast was on. They're on their way to being Outkast. Not the futurisitic shitty Outkast. The Southernplayalistic Outkast.

Bone Crusher-Not lyrical at all, still better than Snoop. <- Doggystyle, that is all Is this 93? No. That is all.

Baby-Can't rap, but spits game second only to E-40. <-who cares I care.

Big Tymers-See Baby.<- see baby I care.

3-6 Mafia-Lord Infamous is still a lyricist, but the rest aren't. Mainly about Production.<- none of them are lyrical Then you've never heard Lord Infamous.

abstruse

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2003, 08:04:09 PM »
Post a verse on these 'lyrical' rappers. And the 'this isn't 93' statement, so that gives me the right to say Eminem better then Rakim? because Rakim hasn't put out something worthy since Don't Sweat the Technique, FUK OUTA HERE!. Post a verse on any of these so called freestyles or verses, and people will change their mind.

VDK REPPIN!

SGV

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2003, 08:18:39 PM »
You can say what you want to say about Ra and Em, I could careless. If Ra is spitting like Snoop is, with all that izzle dizzle wizzle sizzle bizzle jizzle shit, then of course, but he's not, so bad example. Snoop can't be held on a high pedestal forever, just because of Doggystyle. He hasn't spit anything like that for 10 years, so don't even bring it up.

I'll post some dope lyrics from these cats tomorrow.

smerlus

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2003, 10:21:50 AM »
yeah i give props to the south for running this rap game into the fucking ground. i love their creative marching beats...the way they can turn a nursery rhyme into a club song, and thier hooks are soooooo catchy...i find myself saying "get crunk muthafucker get crunk......get crunk muthafucker get crunk" for 2 minutes straight just like they do.....they are some of the best lyricists around and if this is the future of hip hop....i'm gonna start listening to better pop music like ja rule and 50 cent.

SGV

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2003, 08:52:55 PM »
yeah i give props to the south for running this rap game into the fucking ground. i love their creative marching beats...the way they can turn a nursery rhyme into a club song, and thier hooks are soooooo catchy...i find myself saying "get crunk muthafucker get crunk......get crunk muthafucker get crunk" for 2 minutes straight just like they do.....they are some of the best lyricists around and if this is the future of hip hop....i'm gonna start listening to better pop music like ja rule and 50 cent.
I can only assume that you think samples of Zapp, Parliment, Soul & Classic Rock is much better? I can only assume, but it's a good assumption, that you never venture pass the radio to hear South shit. You're opinion is worthless, if that's the case.

[Lord Infamous]
When the biblical stories were written
They left out the one they call Lord Infamous
Because the horror he possess, was one of a magnificence
He was set up, then loosed, look for suddenly mortal killing
He was set to lead the world into unholy acts of sin
The architect of hell
And inventor of the six interior decorator
Of chambers of eternal punishment
I'm the one that lit the furnace to the flow that burns forever
Supervisor of the torture, Lord, have mercy?
Not me, never
I'm clever with corruption of the Seven Seas and continents
The money shit, the blunt is lit, the bong is hit, astonishin
Watch the world, I crumble it, watch heaven, I rumble it
Knockin Scarecrow out of heaven for he did the Devil bitch
Holdin angels hostage in the basement of Hell Chapel
The only nigga ever to set heaven up for a fuckin ?gaffold?
The Devil fever flowin through the fire hemisphere
Evil niggaz throw yo setts in da air
If you dare

[Lil' Flip]
I'm still on earth, and everything ter-rific
Pour me a spot, so we can reunite and kick it
People don't understand life, but one day you'll get it
But for now you better enjoy your one way ticket
And Screw, I wanna thank you for the help you gave me
We had a relationship like Lil Wayne and Baby
The day you gave me the plack saying Screwed Up Click
The Freestyle King forever is Lit-tle Flip
You let me rip, the mic while you was scratching and mixing
I wasn't trying to run shit I just played my position
We stood in the kitchen smoking, laughing and sipping
Getting high, me and you eating a basket of chicken
Before we shot fool you said Flip come get a ass whipping
I ain't gone lie, Screw could shoot with one hand without missing
I'm on a mission, I'm trying to Screw up the world
Lil' Flip gone hold it down baby that's my word

abstruse

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2003, 10:11:25 PM »
I ain't gonna fake the funk, the verse by Lord Infamous was good, a little above average, but Flips verse was hot garbage. I aint into one syllable rhyming, if that's ya steez then it's cool. I aint saying no one in the South can kick, but a lot of them spit Cat In The Hat rhymeschemes, and I'm just not into it.

VDK REPPIN!