Author Topic: stillmatic is a AMAZING album........  (Read 308 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
stillmatic is a AMAZING album........
« on: October 24, 2003, 03:25:07 PM »
nuff said man, i dont care wat haters got to say and shit............best thing about this album is he didnt go backwards.........he realised some of his mistakes from the past and continued to go forwards...........when i hear joints like "poison" today, i realise, niggaz should be lucky we still gotta real hip hop legend livin doin his thang in todays hiphop state............see "god son" is a great album, real personal and old skool yet his dope enough to make new cats make their heads nod still today, but why i think stillmatic is better is because homie didnt go tryna do something from back in the day, he did something new and shit turned out amazing imo

i know theirs alot of nas haters and fans on this board............but any hiphop fan has gotta recognize and respect this album..........

peace
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 03:29:28 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

UnstoppableForce

Re:stillmatic is a AMAZING album........
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 03:59:23 PM »
Yeah, I agree. It's one of my all-time favorites.

UnstoppableForce

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 04:01:17 PM »
The first time I heard "Every Ghetto" I was like  :o :o :o :o :o
It's the sickest joint

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2003, 12:59:12 AM »
shit............best thing about this album is he didnt go backwards

lol, man, I mean, I understand what u saying and shit, it was a dope comeback and shit, it's kinda funny though
how u explain your effection to the album by recycling a line out of the stillmatic intro :
"they thought I'll make another Illmatic but it's only forward Im moving, never backwards, stupid, here's another classic"(only the name "Stillmatic" should hint at the reallity)
which in fact doesn't really aply to the situation....trully though, this was a dope album, personally , while listening to it, and esuring myself more and more NAS has gone back to his old NASTY self bringing that dope shit again, reminding of the Illmatic lyrical glory, had a nostalgic typa feel, Im not saying it's bad cause in this case it was deffinetly a good thing....don't get me wrong, Im not saying Stillmatic is as lyriclly crafted as Illmatic, but it  deffinetly was a lyrical return to the right ballance between poeticism and proper lyrical structuring which NAS was missing for most of the time between ILLmatic and STILLmatic.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2003, 01:00:51 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2003, 01:02:24 AM »
actually he did go backwards on "rewind"  ;D...lol...yeah this albums dope but its not my favorite nas album...my list goes like this:

1) It Was Written
2) The Lost Tapes
3) Illmatic
4) God's Son
5) Stillmatic
6) I Am
7) Nastradamus
8) QB's Finest Comp.
9) The Firm Comp.
10) From Illmatic To Stillmatic: The Remixes

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2003, 01:15:49 AM »
actually he did go backwards on "rewind"  ;D...lol...yeah this albums dope but its not my favorite nas album...my list goes like this:

1) It Was Written
2) The Lost Tapes
3) Illmatic
4) God's Son
5) Stillmatic
6) I Am
7) Nastradamus
8) QB's Finest Comp.
9) The Firm Comp.
interesting u gard IWW higher than Illmatic?
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2003, 01:18:14 AM »

1) It Was Written
2) The Lost Tapes
3) Illmatic
4) God's Son
5) Stillmatic
6) I Am
7) Nastradamus
8) QB's Finest Comp.
9) The Firm Comp.
interesting u gard IWW higher than Illmatic?

yup...it was more personal imo...i'm probably the only person who will ever say that.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2003, 01:36:15 AM »
yep its one of my favourites...

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2003, 02:42:25 AM »
Stillmatic's da shit...1 of East's finest...

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2003, 02:48:36 AM »
its a dope album but imo Gods Son was better.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

budsmokeronly

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2003, 03:07:05 AM »
I gotta hear this album cause I am trying to expand my horizons in rap music, and I think Nas is dope, so I gotta hear this shit.

Nightfall

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2003, 06:12:14 AM »
i like it, dont have it tho lol, only listened to it.....i stil have to buy soo many albums

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2003, 10:16:00 AM »
I like "Stillmatic" too, it's fo' sure better than "God's Son". BTW: I don't think "Illmatic" is his best release either, that album is much overrated ::)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2003, 11:56:42 AM »
Stillmatic an amazing album.  If he cut "Braveheart Party" and maybe "Rule" then it would be flawless.  This album demonstrates his versatility to the fullest.

And I don't think this is a "comeback" album.  I Am and Nastradamus are good albums and he's was still hella nice on the mic.  
"Undying Love", "Nas Is Like", "Project Windows", "Some Of Us Have Angels", and so on...all great songs.  People just see "You Owe Me" (a horrible song) & "Oochie Wally", and say nonsense like he fell off while ignoring his hot verses on songs like "Last Words" and "Self Conscience" from those albums.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2003, 12:53:16 PM »
He did cut out Braveheart Party later, but I got the old school version. Anyways, I think that without, Nas is the greatest rapper today. 'Pac, Big, Rakim, KRS-One, they all maybe better, but today, right now, Nas is the best. I don't care if 50, Em and Snoop are all pulling more units, Nas is putting out better music. I know his coming out with I think  or 2 more CDs, and his hanging it up too. But his career is legendary, up there with the greatest ever, and his battle with Jay-Z made every notice his again, and he made sure they did. Stillmatic is one of my favorite albums, Rule I think is a great song, and I still bumb that song when Bush acts outta line. But Nas is moving forward, looking forward to his marriage to Kelis, and his happy it seems, as he came out of some hard times. I mean his mother and his career falling out, but it seems like Nas is happy. I wish him well, he dropped some classic albums, and in the end, he'll leave the game on his terms, not on some trying to sell out with Ochie Wally and You Own Me shit. His Stillmatic, so it's all gravey.