Author Topic: Recommendation for Michael Jackson fans  (Read 343 times)

KURUPTION-81

Recommendation for Michael Jackson fans
« on: November 01, 2003, 02:04:11 PM »
Go and buy the book

Michael Jackson The Magic And Madness by J Randy Taraborrelli.

I picked it up today and read the 1st 50 pages its over 600 deep. Its really good so far and its up to date as it has stuff on his baby dangling incident and his martin bashir interview.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Trauma-san

Re:Recommendation for Michael Jackson fans
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2003, 02:40:04 PM »
Kewl, I've read biographies on him before, very interesting stuff.  I don't know why people get so confused by him, it's pretty easy to see what's going on if you read about his father, and know that his brothers are all almost exactly like him (same voice, same physical features, etc.).  

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2003, 03:51:10 PM »
i aint read to far but its gone into detail about how his dad beat him real bad. throwing him into instruments , locking him in closets, and hitting him with stuff.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 02:25:53 PM »
Yeah, he'd make them practice long long hours, and if anybody made a mistake, he'd beat their ass.  He'd also get Michael in trouble with all his brothers, Michael was a fucking PRODIGY at this stuff, and of course wouldn't mess up very often.  When somebody else would, his dad would beat them, then say "Watch Michael, he doesn't mess up, why can't you be like him?" so, not only did Michael's brothers have a lot of resentment for him (which they were good enough to never make a big deal of), but Michael felt horrible because he felt they were getting beat because of him.

His dad also would do shit like wake them up in the middle of the night, to come perform in the living room for his friends he'd drag home from bars and shit.  

The kids didn't even call their dad "dad", they called him "Joseph".  They still do to this day, Janet & Reba included.  He used to make fun of Michael's skin when he was a teenager, he'd make fun of Michael's nose, tell him he was ugly, shit like that scars people.  I know it's a rough world, but to hear that shit from your dad? That's fucked up.

There's also a famous story of when Michael was on tour with his brothers, he was young (12 or 13) and very shy, one of his brothers bought him a prostitute for the night, and locked Michael & her in his bedroom, Michael spent the whole night running around the room trying to get away from the girl.  Some people would wonder about that, but I can completely understand what he was thinking, at 12 I probably would have ran from some crack ho too if I got locked in the room with her and she tried to rape me.  

When he was a kid, he couldn't ever go play or anything, all his time was spent practicing or recording.  People think all his friends are kids, but that's not entirely true; he surrounds himself either with children, or child stars who grew up exactly like him, they understand how he feels and they relate to each other.  Elizabeth Taylor, Macaulay Culkin, Webster, Lisa Marie Presley, etc. etc. everybody in his life is in a similar situation.

On top of all the issues he had with his physical looks, he develops (as the most famous black man alive) a skin condition that makes him look like a fucking holstein cow with spots all over his body.  That's enough to make you commit suicide.  Not only does his skin get milky white spots all over it, but everybody in the world thinks he hates being black.  How would you feel, if you were black, and not just black, but the most famous black man alive, and by most people's opinions, one of the most beautiful people alive, and through something you can't control, your skin starts turning white?  

This guy has SERIOUS shit going on in his life, people don't understand.  

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2003, 02:49:02 PM »
i think mj turned himself completely white cuz he thought itd help his sales even mo cuz his heads like a business machine but forgot he'd loose alot of fans on the way to,lol........jus playin........

u know all im waitin for mj to do is make a sick beat........uptempo by the way, sing over it smoothly where he doesnt sound like his strugglin to keep up (one of the problems on invincible) and coime with a sick ass video where he dont look overweight, comes with some sick ass moves, new shit and and makes cats watch again........damn.........i dunno why he gets cats like rodney jerkins and irv gotti.....his a way sicker producer than them, what he should do is like dre and get a young cat under his wing to produce with him, like dre with with melman, and get shit bangin again!

i know mj can do if his focused............jus when it the question!??!.......dont leave it to late though, ya gettin old to.......

speakin of his new joint though............."one more chance"...........still a lil dissapointed by this "single" since the beats weak and shit.......but like hows it doin???

peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2003, 03:21:46 PM »
I dunno how it's doing, but there's supposed to be a CBS t.v. special soon with the video premiering on it, but it's likely to just be a live performance.

I agree with you about him losing focus, I think he was driven so hard when he was younger that he just expects to take his time and do whatever he wants now, and it'll be fine.  Ever since he stopped being a vegetarian, he's been overweight, too.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2003, 03:29:33 PM »
BTW, here's the video of him at the RMA's last week.  

mms://mjstar.net/mjstar/Radio%20Music%20Awards%202003.asf

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2003, 11:24:39 AM »
reading this book has made me listen to mj again . i put on dangerous the other day i had forgotten how good an album that was. U can listen the whole way through without skipping a track. In my opinion u can do that with any mj album.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2003, 11:29:40 AM »
^^^imo that and thriller are his sickest joints.......aint nothin fuckin with the replay value of the thriller album and dangerous set the blueprint for basically all big pop productions and how a sick joint is made today........u hear neptunes makin beats that sound similar to his dangerous album and pop cats tryna flow like he did on thirller and and dangerous for their albums droppin today........mj set the blueprint with that shit for todays shit..........he jus needs to come focued now though....

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2003, 11:46:24 AM »
yeah thriller was the shit.. i was like 8/10 or so when thriller was huge.. going to halloween parties at the school and being scared as fuck of that shit

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2003, 11:23:50 AM »
lol every halloween thriller gets played.

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2003, 02:16:19 PM »
I agree that Dangerous is his best album.  Like you said, it's good from the first beat to the end of the beat on "dangerous".  Whole album is a masterpiece.