Author Topic: NBA Stuff That Pisses Me Off  (Read 470 times)

The Big Bad Ass

NBA Stuff That Pisses Me Off
« on: April 16, 2002, 07:42:25 PM »
1. Defensive 3 Seconds. What is the point of zone defense with this?? Also, if you watch a game, there is a defensive 3 second happening on every play, but the refs only call 1 or 2 a game.

2. Refs. I think Mark Cuban is on point with his criticism of the refs. Some players get away with way to many calls. Shaq travels almost every time he touches the ball, but never gets called. And I'm a hardcore Pacer fan, but Reggie has been getting away with walks his whole career too.

3. Dominique Wilkins not making the 50 greatest players list. How the fuck you gonna have Bill Walton who only had 4 healthy seasons in his career on the list, and the 9th all time leading scorer (Nique) not?? I know this is kind of random, but this shit has pissed me off for years.

I don't know, this shit just pisses me off sometimes. What do you all think?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

ToNe1904

Re: NBA Stuff That Pisses Me Off
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2002, 11:30:18 PM »
1. Defensive 3 Seconds. What is the point of zone defense with this?? Also, if you watch a game, there is a defensive 3 second happening on every play, but the refs only call 1 or 2 a game.

2. Refs. I think Mark Cuban is on point with his criticism of the refs. Some players get away with way to many calls. Shaq travels almost every time he touches the ball, but never gets called. And I'm a hardcore Pacer fan, but Reggie has been getting away with walks his whole career too.

3. Dominique Wilkins not making the 50 greatest players list. How the fuck you gonna have Bill Walton who only had 4 healthy seasons in his career on the list, and the 9th all time leading scorer (Nique) not?? I know this is kind of random, but this shit has pissed me off for years.

I don't know, this shit just pisses me off sometimes. What do you all think?

i agree with all three there man. U really notice tha non traveling calls more, after watching college basketball...and then switching to pros. In college its called pretty often, in tha Pros...its like it dont exist. Forever this shit has jus been a joke. I mean, Shaq is one of tha worst perpetrators of tha shit. But Hakeem back in tha day (had great footwork at times) but alotta times had about 4 pivot feet lol. I dont know if i can completely blame tha refs...for all tha bad calls that happen. Because im guessin that the league doesnt exactly want them calling ALOT of traveling, and foul calls...because it takes away frum tha excitement and pace of tha game, even tho it may be tha right call. So who knowz what kind of instructions they get regarding that. Another thing i dont like, is tha automatic suspension for anyone leaving tha bench during a fight...even if theyre intent is to STOP a fight or keep sum1 else frum leaving tha bench. This rule is basically formed just out of tha leagues laziness in making a real judgement on sum1s intent. I also cant stand tha way every new player who comes in tha league, plays tha 2 spot, and is any good....is automatically compared to Jordan LOL. i mean cmon, they do this shit in tha players first few years. Why dont yah wait until theyre in tha league for about 10 yrs or so, and THEN make tha comparison. Alot of players are GREAT, for a year or 2....but for a CAREER? thas different. Regardlezz...NCAA hoopz is way betta anywayz lol. maybe thas jus cus im a Maryland fan, and they finally got ova tha hump thiz year! gyeeeeeeeaah!  ;D

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2002, 01:59:49 PM »
i actually agree with the bench call, i mean when theres a scuffle and there is  a grip of people cluttering the fighters, it henders the nba's reviewing of tapes, also it's the ref's job to stop fights....not your sixth man's

i dunno one thing i don't like about the nba is the fans really...not all fans but the bandwagon jumpers and the fans who don't support their how teams.

it pisses me off that people who were bulls fans a few years back started being spurs/blazer fans after Jordan left. Now they're Laker fans...it frustrates me, IMO you should support your HOME TEAM or the team closest to you. Next point, i can't stand how dudes from another city are fans of teams in other states. for example the charlette hornets...i just find that gay

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2002, 08:33:37 PM »
^^ Man I totally agree. Bandwagon fans can eat my chode. I was born in Indiana, and I'll be a Pacer fan till I die. I like some other teams like the TWolves ect, but I bleed blue and gold for the pacers till I die.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2002, 08:56:50 PM »
thank you!

that's what i'm saying you should rep where your from! i'm from bakersfield so of corse i'm going to be rooting for the lakers regardless if they're 2 two time champs or Seadle Threat's lottery lakers

i just hate it how charlotte fans won't support the #4 seed playoff team becuase T. Mac's, Iverson's, Carter's, Kobe's, and Garnett's dick is so far down their throats. i dunno it just bothers me that some people i see on the internet who are from Denver or Miami are all obsessed with the Lakers all of  the sudden.

the only thing i forgive is foriegn fans though, like dudes from Italy and France and shit liking whoever, it ain't their fault they ain't got a home team to rep so it's all good

ToNe1904

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2002, 10:02:31 PM »
i actually agree with the bench call, i mean when theres a scuffle and there is  a grip of people cluttering the fighters, it henders the nba's reviewing of tapes, also it's the ref's job to stop fights....not your sixth man's

i dunno one thing i don't like about the nba is the fans really...not all fans but the bandwagon jumpers and the fans who don't support their how teams.

it pisses me off that people who were bulls fans a few years back started being spurs/blazer fans after Jordan left. Now they're Laker fans...it frustrates me, IMO you should support your HOME TEAM or the team closest to you. Next point, i can't stand how dudes from another city are fans of teams in other states. for example the charlette hornets...i just find that gay

True about tha bench thing, only cus its funny watchin tha 5'6" 115 pound, 80 yr old ref seperate too 7 footers. lol. Although if id rather see tha fight stopped, i think id like tah see tha other players do it...seein as how theyre tha only ones who PHYSICALLY could. i jus think alot of times people r fined for leaving tha bench, and they are actually RESTRAINING someone on their own team frum fighting. That to me is stupid. Tha bandwagon jumpers, i hate too. And theres ALOT. I mean, look at LA. there are alot of REAL fans...but shit, where were all tha Laker Car Flags at when tha team was losing? Ive supported my teamz since day one, i been a Spurs fan since i can rememba. Which brings me tah tha lass thing...lol Supporting teams frum other cities. Well, in SD we dont gotta B-Ball team...and i HATE tha lakers. So i dont see nuthin wrong wit supportin anotha team, which has been my favorite for over a decade. Itz that way in a lotta sports for me, so i dont see shit wrong with it. Im a Terps fan...and NO that didnt start this year. I been a fan since tha Joe Smith dayz. I support San Diego State, but they aint mah favorite....although i woulda LOVED to see them beat Dukez ass last year lol. And for football, i been a Raider fan since i was 8-9 yrs old. Im prolly tha biggest Charger hater in tha city of San Diego. I mean, Jake yur a Raider fan...and theyre from Oakland. Even when they were in LA...well...yur not in LA either, yur in Bakersfield. So for me to be a fan of them...is no more ridiculous then you being one. Maybe u should be a Rams fan LOL

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2002, 09:13:31 PM »
a rams fan? fuck that, that ho moved them out of state

i started liking the raiders when they were in LA still so thats why i support them and bako isn't that far from LA, i mean i seriously could hop in my car right now and be over the grape vine in an hour or the length of 1 full cd

ToNe1904

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2002, 11:10:28 PM »
a rams fan? fuck that, that ho moved them out of state

i started liking the raiders when they were in LA still so thats why i support them and bako isn't that far from LA, i mean i seriously could hop in my car right now and be over the grape vine in an hour or the length of 1 full cd

i was only respondin to yah statement about people bein fanz of teamz outside their city is all. Also, with tha way suthern kali is....most tha muthafuckaz out here arent FRUM here anywayz. most people down hea, moved here at sumtime.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2002, 07:01:53 AM »
i said fans that are from out of STATE likeing another team in another city

Big_Loco_FME

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2002, 05:05:29 AM »
I'm pissed off that the Clippers played so shitty over their last 13 games (3-10) and missed out on the playoffs and their first .500 record in years  >:(
Aw well, always next season.

apart from that i have no complaints with the NBA

8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2002, 04:04:12 PM »
I think Dominique did make the top 50...Well he did back in 1996 in this book I have...

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2002, 08:10:07 PM »
No, he didn't make it. NBA.com had a chat with him earlier in the year, and someone asked him if it bothered him that he wasn't one of the NBA's 50 greatest, and he said yeah, he felt like he was on of the 50 best.

ToNe1904

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2002, 12:33:13 AM »
No, he didn't make it. NBA.com had a chat with him earlier in the year, and someone asked him if it bothered him that he wasn't one of the NBA's 50 greatest, and he said yeah, he felt like he was on of the 50 best.

It pissed me off that Shaq made tha top 50 back then. Right now, obviously he should make it. But when they placed him in tha top 50 of all time...he hadnt accomplished SHIT yet. Just alotta hype. Nique should without a DOUBT be in tha top 50. And at that time...Rodman shoulda made it also. But oh well, itz all politicz...fukit lol

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2002, 04:28:39 AM »
yeah im feelin what yall sayin

dominique was the fuckin shit, how the hell is he not on the list

another pet peeve, Scotti Pippen

its official, this guy TOTALLY relied on Jordan, MJ shook , look at his busta ass, 11 points a game muthaphukka!!!
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

ToNe1904

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2002, 09:57:37 AM »
yeah im feelin what yall sayin

dominique was the fuckin shit, how the hell is he not on the list

another pet peeve, Scotti Pippen

its official, this guy TOTALLY relied on Jordan, MJ shook , look at his busta ass, 11 points a game muthaphukka!!!

yah, i neva really felt pippens game. he had sum good years, but itz pretty obvious that jordan made him better. I think pippen can be a good role player, but he cant lead a team. Itz probably hard to adjust to bein tha leader tho...after playing with jordan for so long. U get used to a certain style of play....basically...."pass it to jordan...and get back on D" lol