Author Topic: You might think I'm crazy, but....  (Read 1885 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
You might think I'm crazy, but....
« on: November 23, 2003, 03:51:24 PM »
Alright...this is tha thread where u basically jus let it all out. Let people kno what u think, how u feel, about whatever related to west coast rap, or rap in general, even tho most people might disagree with you, or even think u are stupid, young, brainwashed, etc. etc. Try to limit your comments about other people's lists because it will take the thread a different direction, but if u agree with somebody, then let em kno they ain't alone.

You might think I'm crazy, but....
-I'd rather listen to "Dre Day" than "Nuthin but a G thang"
-Snoop is nowhere near the best lyricists in rap, but his delivery, charisma, personality, flow, and voice will keep him near the top of the rap game.
-DJ Quik IS a better musician than Dre, but Dre has made more classic songs, and has been part of more classic albums.
-The West Coast will NOT become as big as it was before off of Gangsta Rap. Gangsta rap had such a big impact because nobody had done it before. Therefore, I think they will have to come with a different style and sound of rap to get to where they were before, as they did when they first blew up.
-I think Crooked I and Ras Kass may be the best lyricists from the West, but the only way they will ever appeal to the entire country and blow up as 50 Cent, Snoop, and the rest have, is if they simplify their style and come up with catchy shit, which may not be a good thing.
-I think Bad Azz has the mostpotential to be the next big west coast artist, but his name holds him back in some ways as far as commercial appeal may go..
-Daz is a weak producer now, but I think he has one of the best deliveries and flows in hip hop, period.
-I think Suge is holdin Crooked I captive, and probably threatened his ass to death if he EVER wanted to leave death row. So the reason Crooked I reps death row so hard is because he knows he can't leave, not because he really wants to be there. Why the fuck would u wanna be with a dead company that is never gonna blow up again, and wont even release u?

Now yall, DROP ya lists.

SGV

Re:You might think I'm crazy, but....
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 04:23:10 PM »
-Just because you haven't recorded an album doesn't mean you're not a better emcee than someone who has an album out.

-DJ Khalil is the producer the West will look to in a few years. Now that he's with Aftermath, people will begin to slob all over his dick.

-All these old gangsta acts need to stop. If you're still on some 92 shit, you need to quit the game.

-The Dogg Pound only has one dope member, that's Bad Azz. The rest are all washed up has-beens who need to stop making such garbage music.

-Crooked I needs to make more music with Sly Boogy, Ras Kass and the Wake Up Show crew.

-The West will never succeed if people only check names that ring bells. People need to venture out and listen to new emcees, not just wait for Snoop and Dre to introduce someone.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 04:44:27 PM »
I got a few too

- Too many people look up to Snoop like he's some "Westcoast God" or something, to me hes just aight right now, theres is no comparison to the way he was when he was with Death Row.

- Crooked I is not the savior of the west coast, hes a good lyricist and dope and all but he wont blow up and especially not now since he hasnt released an album in like 1003240934843038322308 years

- Xzibit should go back and work with the Liks and the Likwit crew

- Ras Kass is the MC King of the West but he wont blow up because of his label situation

- E White IS NOT THE NEXT SNOOP

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 04:55:49 PM »
*Tha Doggfather shit all over doggystyle
*Tha Last Meal had some of snoops best tracks on it
*Deathrow sucks balls
*Terrorist Threats is not bow down, but damn close
*The War & Peace discs were ice cubes best albums besides westside connection's albums
*Snoop is a shitty actor, bones made me feel dumber watching it
*True crime is not as good of a game as ppl say
*Daz's beef with kurupt is fucking stupid
*Kurupt may not rhyme like he did in the dogg pound days lyrically...but his flow is much better.
*TQ & Cash Money do not mix...but TQ's made some damn fucking great music for his new album coming out in february
*Mauzip is not gay. he's just conceded.
*Pink is not a whore...she's just virgin impared

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 04:58:48 PM »
...Soul On Ice and Regulate...G Funk Era are highly overrated here.

...the mainstream is better than the underground.

...Eminem is a good producer.

...2003 is hip-hop's best year since 1996.

...Xzibit's best album is Restless.

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2003, 05:00:20 PM »

...Eminem is a good producer.

...2003 is hip-hop's best year since 1996.

...Xzibit's best album is Restless.

Damn Right!

SGV

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2003, 05:08:25 PM »
- he wont blow up and especially not now since he hasnt released an album in like 1003240934843038322308 years

how is it Icon's fault that HIS LABELS aren't putting out his albums? Virgin fucked up, now Deathrow is fucking up. To count that against him is lame.
...Soul On Ice highly overrated here.
...Xzibit's best album is Restless

What!? I'm bumping Soul On Ice right now, in no way is overrated. It's the West Coast Illmatic. Point blank.

Restless wasn't that hot.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2003, 05:25:40 PM »
~As long as WestCoast radio plays the SHIT outta 50 Cent, Jay-Z, and all this other shit...and wont give local artist airtime..the west aint gonna do shit.
~Snoop has lost ANY street credibility he ever had in Kali, and will never be respected as before.
~Underground artists this year in Kali have put out 100 times better albums then the mainstreem ones.

*agreein wit SGV* People need to open they ears to other shit out here. Daygo and the Bay been droppin strait HEAT all year, yall betta not sleep. LA got the money and marketing to back they shit, but their quality been slackin..

SGV

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2003, 05:29:59 PM »
*agreein wit SGV* People need to open they ears to other shit out here. Daygo and the Bay been droppin strait HEAT all year, yall betta not sleep. LA got the money and marketing to back they shit, but their quality been slackin..
Yup! The Handgunners mixtapes that Mitchy put out are better than any mixtape put out from the West all year. People sleep on Daygo.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2003, 05:41:49 PM »
-Daz is a weak producer now, but I think he has one of the best deliveries and flows in hip hop, period.

i agree with the part about his flow

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2003, 05:49:03 PM »
What!? I'm bumping Soul On Ice right now, in no way is overrated. It's the West Coast Illmatic. Point blank.

That's why I think it's overrated here.  
"West Coast Illmatic"???  The production on Illmatic is WAY better than Soul On Ice.  It's like a 10/10 compared to a 6/10, productionwise.  I like Ras Kass, I actually listened to Soul On Ice more recently that Illmatic but I can't ever put these two LPs on the same level.  

Restless wasn't that hot.

That's why some people might think I'm crazy, cause I think it's his best album.  I never thought that he "sold out" and I'm not going to hold it against him that he's more popular.

There are only two songs I don't feel from that album.

SGV

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2003, 07:09:36 PM »

That's why I think it's overrated here.  
"West Coast Illmatic"???  The production on Illmatic is WAY better than Soul On Ice.  It's like a 10/10 compared to a 6/10, productionwise.  I like Ras Kass, I actually listened to Soul On Ice more recently that Illmatic but I can't ever put these two LPs on the same level.  

That's why some people might think I'm crazy, cause I think it's his best album.  I never thought that he "sold out" and I'm not going to hold it against him that he's more popular.

There are only two songs I don't feel from that album.
Everyone cites Illmatic as the tutorial for East Coast lyricism. That's how I cite Soul On Ice. Lyrically, it's top 5. The beats weren't bad. Amateurish, yes, but they still had a dope vibe.

As for Restless. I really didn't think it had more than 5 bangers. "Alkaholik, "D-n-A," "Rimz n Tirez," "Sorry I'm Away So Much" and the track with King Tee. Aside from that, everything else was  :-\ 40 Dayz is my favorite X album.  It was nothing but raw lyricism without the bullshit. Not to mention, this is the album that got Xzibit single of the year on BET.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2003, 07:17:19 PM »
A few from me...

- Both Eminem and Lil' Jon are top producers in the game today.

- I don't believe half of this "Dre doesn't do his own shit" bullshit. Greatest producer ever. Period.

- Eminem will slaughter any emcee that opposes him.

- Suge Knight needs to retire. Tha Row is filled with talent, yet all the fat man puts out is greatest hits and remix albums.

- The 213 album is gonna be soooooo wack.

- Although it's without Pac's consent and approval, all of the re-done Pac music we've been gettin' since the late nineties is still better than almost everything else.

Kaidy

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2003, 07:23:30 PM »
Great topic...

- Dr. Dre puts no emotion into his music anymore. Yes his beats are often 'dope' but I really can't feel any of his personality in them. Starting to wonder if I ever could, its all so clinical.

- Suga Free deserves a platinum record.

- Snoop should retire. Soon.

- DJ Quik should NEVER retire from music

- West Coast artist should stop trying to blow up off of mixtapes just because 50 cent did. It isn't working, 90% of mixtapes suck. Please stop.

- Yukmouth should of made a lot of money off of Godzilla. Kidnap U is a great radio track and Stuntastic is better than that G-Unit crap Stunt 101...

- G-Unit are crap, and possibly the goofiest looking rap crew ever.

- Nate Dogg has become really boring over the past few years. He cannot seem to make a solo hit.

- People should stop raping Tupac's songs to get money or recognition. I'm looking at you Afeni. Looking at you Em. Looking at you Vlad. Just stop it.

- Jay-Z is the most overrated rapper of all time.

- Everybody in the world should look to Andre 3000 for inspiration.

Suga Foot

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2003, 07:30:26 PM »
- Dre doesn't steal music, he just produces the traditional way.  Same way as Quincy Jones does.

- I like restless more than 40 days.  40 days was on another level lyrically, but restless bangs.

- The only thing the west needs to blow up is promotion.  Gangsta Rap will still sell, they just need promotion.  

- Moment of Clarity is one of the most boring beats I've heard in a long long time.  Em is still a good producer tho.  

-50 cent and Ja Rule are on the same level skill wise.