Author Topic: Lord of the rings 3  (Read 1199 times)

Don Breezio

Re:Lord of the rings 3
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2003, 08:30:42 PM »
^^^and i suppose willow was a wizard of oz rip off and he was just a damn munchkin

aftershockz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2003, 05:19:38 AM »
the 3rd one was great, i enjoyed all three of them. but the battle scenes in the 3rd were the best.

bez

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2003, 08:06:48 AM »
^^^and i suppose willow was a wizard of oz rip off and he was just a damn munchkin

Lets not get stupid!

Whuuut

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2003, 09:03:52 PM »
I will never understand why people like this crap...

HIPPI

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2003, 10:30:08 PM »

Lets not get stupid!

He's just following your lead.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2003, 07:21:11 AM »

I will never understand why people like you reply if they only got something like this to say.

"You have not..

Please add (only choose one):
a. seen the movies at all."
b. been blessed with a sense for magnificence and/or fantasy."
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2003, 09:12:24 AM »

It's sure good to see taht the Director has Stuck firmly wiht the ORiginal Script..

The reproduction from the book is almost flawless,

A Good Trilogy.. and a good reproduction

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2003, 02:57:48 PM »

It's sure good to see taht the Director has Stuck firmly wiht the ORiginal Script..

The reproduction from the book is almost flawless,

Considering how much has been left out or altered,I wouldn't say that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2003, 04:03:06 PM »

I will never understand why people like you reply if they only got something like this to say.

"You have not..

Please add (only choose one):
a. seen the movies at all."
b. been blessed with a sense for magnificence and/or fantasy."

c. find these movies boring as fuck.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2003, 05:26:48 PM »
I agree with everyone who said this movie was great. Me and my family and girlfriend saw it on opening day here Dec26th, and last night we went to a movie marathon that played all 3 straight. 9 hours and 19 minutes, im hearing Souron in my sleep lol

Awesome triology...movies or book

If u like this, some of you should check out the Narnia Chronicles ;)

Trauma-san

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2003, 06:53:25 PM »
Has anybody read the books? Wasn't there a big huge scene, that's considered kind of the pivotal scene of the 2nd book, that was left out? I heard there's a showdown between the white & black wizards, with the white wizard breaking the black wizard's staff, then saying something like "Your staff is broken" while he stands over him victoriously.  I thought they were moving that scene to the third film, but apparently it isn't in any of them, or I never saw it.  

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2003, 10:47:56 PM »
Yeah Ive read the 1st two books...
Sauraman actually has more to do in the books, but they cut out all of his scenes in ROTK due to wanting to keep the story finishing on a happy note. In the book apparently he comes back and destroys the Shire, which wouldnt have made a very nice ending lol

There are lots of scenes/characters missing from the book, but to fit everything in would be impossible

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2003, 02:40:22 AM »
Has anybody read the books? Wasn't there a big huge scene, that's considered kind of the pivotal scene of the 2nd book, that was left out? I heard there's a showdown between the white & black wizards, with the white wizard breaking the black wizard's staff, then saying something like "Your staff is broken" while he stands over him victoriously.  I thought they were moving that scene to the third film, but apparently it isn't in any of them, or I never saw it.  

AS far as I kno.. there were no BLACK wizards...

There was a Brownie - Radagast
 a Whitie - Saruman-- who then went on to becom colorless
 and a Grey one - Gandalf-- Who went on to becom white

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2003, 03:20:55 AM »

Has anybody read the books?
Yes

Wasn't there a big huge scene, that's considered kind of the pivotal scene of the 2nd book, that was left out? I heard there's a showdown between the white & black wizards, with the white wizard breaking the black wizard's staff, then saying something like "Your staff is broken" while he stands over him victoriously.

it's the confrontation between the fallen Saruman and the now-white Gandalf. After Helm's Deep,Gandalf and the others ride to Isengard to talk to the imprisoned Saruman. In this,he tries to convince them that he should be freed and Gandalf has wrong plans with them but as the reincarnated Gandalf the White has been given much more of his natural wisdom and power then he had as Gandalf the Grey Saruman doesn't succeed in that. Gandalf who's now the leader of the Istari (Wizards) breaks Sarumans staff and casts him out of the order.

I thought they were moving that scene to the third film, but apparently it isn't in any of them, or I never saw it.  

It was supposed to be in, but got left out....wich is a very bad thing IMO,I really looked forward to it. Christopher Lee (the actor for Saruman) apparently thought the same as he tried to boycot the version that made the theatres.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2003, 03:32:36 AM »
[quote author=Eidolon_Sun link=board=2;threadid=45487;start=25#msg516776 date=1072694422

AS far as I kno.. there were no BLACK wizards...

There was a Brownie - Radagast
 a Whitie - Saruman-- who then went on to becom colorless
 and a Grey one - Gandalf-- Who went on to becom white

No there weren't any black ones.

The order of the Istari (Wizards) comprised of 5 'missionaries' (themselves representing angels or demi-gods,being Maiar) from the Gods of the West (the Valar) to help and train the free people to contest and eventually defeat Sauron,should he come back. Sauron was also a Maia but he had fallen to evil long since. The Istari didn't use their own names in Middle-Earth but accepted those that were given to them.The members were:

Cúrumo- the leader,and the white Wizard-----called Saruman or Cúrúnir in ME.Became evil as Saruman 'of Many colours' wearing white clothes of broken colors,eventually slain.

Olórin-The Grey-----called Gandalf in the North,Mithrandir in Elvish languages,Incánus in the South and Tarkun by the Dwarves.Became the second leader of the order.Succeeded in his mission.Returned to Valinor at the end of LotR.

Aiwendil - The Brown Wizard,more or less neglected his mission becoming a friend of birds and beasts. Called Radagast in ME. Might have returned to Valinor though.

Alatar & Pallando- The Blue Wizards,they went into the far East of ME and nothing more is told of them. Tolkien indicates they might have failed,but that isn't certain.

Hope that helps. For further information, www.glyphweb.com/arda or www.barrowdowns.com might be a good choice.