Author Topic: Young Buck  (Read 578 times)

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
Young Buck
« on: December 28, 2003, 03:02:38 PM »
i gave the G Unit album a full listen yesterday and damn Young Buck has it, he has the charisma, the flow and definitely the voice, his lyrics arent breathtaking but they are pretty good for a southern rapper

Lloyd Banks is missing something, i mean he brings heat on the mic but his voice, i need to get use to it, he doesnt sound right over tracks like smile, young buck sounded dope over i wanna get to know you

i think its because Lloyd banks is more rugged and street with his lyrics(lyrically hes the best in g unit) but young buck like 50 cent is more verstatile on club tracks etcc....

i dont know i maybe the only one who feels this

N-Sane Brain

Re:Young Buck
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 03:09:49 PM »
Like I said in two other threads before (  ::) ), he definitely came best on "Beg For Mercy". But my problem is, that he doesn't fit into the G-Unit in my opinion. Because his south-flavour comes like a lil' bit strange on every track, after hearin' Fifty and Lloyd on that.

That's why I think he should do it solo, because he definitely has the potential to make it big, but I don't like to hear him on a G-Unit track, solo would be much tighter.

And now please don't open another thread about that issue anymore, because I'm tired of sayin' the same again and again :P

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 03:12:47 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
damn i didnt see the other thread(s) lol lol
sorry bout that y'all

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 03:14:33 PM »
I like Young Buck, I think hes pretty tight.  He's got the best verse on "Poppin them Thangs".

Banks is dope 2 tho

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2003, 04:38:03 PM »
personaly i dont like him, but EVERYONE is saying he came really ny on beg for mercy so i need to give it another listen, i dont like him cause he dont bring nothing new, i like lloyd cause his lyrics and punchlines are nice, plus i like his quiet voice/flow/delivery

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2003, 07:52:24 PM »
I like Young Buck, I think hes pretty tight.  He's got the best verse on "Poppin them Thangs".

Banks is dope 2 tho

I'm feeling him. 50 and G-Units music seems to be very different when you're high, it's alot better and some of their voices just fuck you up sometimes.
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Jome

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2003, 08:54:58 PM »
Banks is better than Buck, and usually 50 is better than Buck too.
Buck got a pretty simple rhyme structure, so he's pretty accessable, I guess that's why some people like him best.

He was overall better than 50 on "Beg for Mercy", but Banks was better lyrically, better metaphors, etc.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2003, 09:54:17 PM »
I said that Buck outshined the other 2 the day I heard "Beg For Mercy". And IMO, Buck's solo album would be much better than Banks' solo album.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2003, 12:14:16 PM »
Banks is better than Buck, and usually 50 is better than Buck too.
Buck got a pretty simple rhyme structure, so he's pretty accessable, I guess that's why some people like him best.

He was overall better than 50 on "Beg for Mercy", but Banks was better lyrically, better metaphors, etc.

yet buck came sicker than both easily on alot of joints on beg for mercy........it aint jus about havin good lyrics, u gotta use them well, banks dissaponted on beg for mercy, u gotta be blind not to realise that.............some times his lyrics were sick as fuck but u gotta admit he was inconsistant.......50 was jus tellin us about how much money his now got.......and he didnt do it very well on beg for mercy..........i aint sayin banks or 50 aint got skills cuz both are dope, but u gotta recognize they didnt do much on beg for mercy..........

banks came with the most complete package on beg for mercy anyways, good lyrics, good vioce and sick flow........and thats why he outshined them on alot of tracks, like on the two dre tracks........he always had the last verse cuz dre probably new his verse was the sickest.....even though on popppin them thangs, banks came nice to, but on g'd up...........buck killed it........

niggaz always say yuor only as good as your last joint..........

and put simply dawg, buck came better than both banks n fifty and beg for mercy on alot of joint..........banks showed his potentail was way to inconsistant with his flow on some beats, sounded lost at times.......

peace

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2003, 12:16:39 PM »
by the way i do agree with ya that banks was lyrically the best on it, but it aint jus about writin good lyrics, u gotta hear em to............flow, delivery of words, vioce, charisma etc

peace

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 06:23:29 PM »
Buck is the best member of G-Unit. Lloyd Banks lacks personality, he's just a string of punchlines. 50 Cent is just... well you all know how I feel about 50.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 06:24:44 PM »
Banks was better lyrically, better metaphors, etc.

Banks is just the shit!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

SGV

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 06:52:53 PM »
LMAO @ Bucks rhyme structure being simple. 50's isn't?  Jome, you're killing me here. Banks is a punchline rappper, nothing more. Fabolous is better than him in EVERY aspect.

Jome

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 08:26:16 PM »
LMAO @ Bucks rhyme structure being simple. 50's isn't?  Jome, you're killing me here. Banks is a punchline rappper, nothing more. Fabolous is better than him in EVERY aspect.

Fact: 50 Cent's rhyme structure is simple.
Fact: Young Buck's rhyme structure is simple.

Fact: Banks performance on "Beg for Mercy" puts Fabolous solo albums to shame, and Banks ain't even dropped a solo yet.
Banks might use a lot of metaphors & punchlines, but that doesn't make you a punchline rapper alone.

SGV

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2003, 08:28:07 PM »
Fabolous' mixtapes have been better than Banks' too. So, if Buck is better than Fab, then Buck is better than Banks and 50.