Author Topic: the Bible...  (Read 1209 times)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
the Bible...
« on: July 30, 2002, 12:37:29 PM »
i got a couple question i want cleared out... and like always: all beef gets ignored...

who came up with the name "Bible", because theres no place in the book its name have been written... so its obviously a human that made up the name... and now when the Bible IS a holy book... how come that God didnt give it a name?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Sikotic™

Re: the Bible...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2002, 12:53:40 PM »
It was mentioned in the bible as being God's holy word

I'm not sure where the name Bible came from. Good question.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Nostromoo

• Lil Geezy
  • Ermintrude is my mum
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2002, 11:56:14 PM »
The (Christian) Bible is just a collection of religious articles collated by the Catholic Church, many hundreds of years ago, into a single book form. The individual chapters where just written as historical records by normal men e.g. Moses, King Solomon etc.

No idea why they chose the name "Bible" but they did. (Why did the Jews called theirs the Torah?) "Bible" is not mentioned anywhere within the book as each chapter was written individually by different people and at the time they did not invisige some of their articles being combined in a single book called the Bible.

God didn't give it a name because God didn't write it, nor did he directly ask for it to be written.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2002, 12:02:56 AM »
The (Christian) Bible is just a collection of religious articles collated by the Catholic Church, many hundreds of years ago, into a single book form. The individual chapters where just written as historical records by normal men e.g. Moses, King Solomon etc.

No idea why they chose the name "Bible" but they did. (Why did the Jews called theirs the Torah?) "Bible" is not mentioned anywhere within the book as each chapter was written individually by different people and at the time they did not invisige some of their articles being combined in a single book called the Bible.

God didn't give it a name because God didn't write it, nor did he directly ask for it to be written.

so the Bible is not "God's book"... its the peoples book, and those who wrote it may had gotten wrong informations... so why shall a christian follow the Bible, when its not even God who wrote it?

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2002, 12:16:20 AM »
LoL.....ppl that belive that God would be able to write a book is craaaaaaaazy  :D
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Nostromoo

• Lil Geezy
  • Ermintrude is my mum
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2002, 12:51:36 AM »

so the Bible is not "God's book"... its the peoples book, and those who wrote it may had gotten wrong informations... so why shall a christian follow the Bible, when its not even God who wrote it?

The Bible is about God and is a history of the world and how God created it, and in that sense is a Holy Book.

Christians should by definition believe the Bible as otherwise they're not Christians. i.e. You don't just decide one day to be a Christian and then start to read the Bible to find out what it says, you read the Bible first and if you understand and believe it you join your chosen religion.

Whether or not the Bible contains "wrong information" it's really up to you to determine that for yourself. God did not proof read the Bible and as the chapters were written by normal people they may have made normal mistakes so it could contain errors. However, you can use various historical sources to cross reference Biblical stories and make a decision as to whether or not they are true. Also, you have to assume that people who wrote the original religious texts had good intentions and were not deliberatly trying to mislead people by lying to them. So they would have tried their best to be accurate. In the end religion is about faith and there is no proof of the existance of a God so the question you really need to ask is "Do you believe the stories are correct?"

To be honest one should never claim to be a Christian without reading the Bible (and the same goes for other religions and their related religious texts) because you're just being told to believe something that may or may not be correct. For example, where was Jesus born? In a stable perhaps? But where in the Bible does it actually say he was born in a stable? Almost all Christians seem to go around with the belief that there was "no room at the inn" and thus Jesus was born in a stable but this is not mentioned in the Bible. So don't accept things at face value just because someone tells you something is true.

Nostromoo

• Lil Geezy
  • Ermintrude is my mum
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2002, 01:24:33 AM »
Google strikes again...found this info:

The Origin and Meaning of the Word Bible
The word Bible is a literal translation of the Greek word biblos (inner bark of the papyrus plant). Many ancient writings were on rolls of papyrus from which comes the word “paper.” Such a roll was called a biblion and contained only one book. The plural of biblion is biblia, which passed over into Latin as singular and came to mean Bible.

So "Bible" literally means a collection of paper rolls or ancient books.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2002, 11:42:41 AM »
True, Gid didn't write it with his own hand or nuthin, but he inspired and influenced those who wrote it. SO pretty much they were writing what he wanted them to.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2002, 12:22:15 PM »
True, Gid didn't write it with his own hand or nuthin, but he inspired and influenced those who wrote it. SO pretty much they were writing what he wanted them to.

but theres alotta contradictions in the Bible... so obviously the authors didnt have connection with God when writing it, because else they wouldnt claim one thing on page one, and deny it on page 4

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2002, 01:32:33 PM »

but theres alotta contradictions in the Bible... so obviously the authors didnt have connection with God when writing it, because else they wouldnt claim one thing on page one, and deny it on page 4

Contradictions?

Please list them

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2002, 03:21:56 PM »

Contradictions?

Please list them

1. In Cronicles (2), 36:9, its written that Jojakin was 8 years old when becoming a king and he ruled for 3 months. But in Kings (2), 24:8, its written thats he became a king a the year of 18 and ruled for 3 months and 10 days...

2. According to Kings (2), 8:26, Ahasja became a king at the age of 22, Cronicles (2), 22:2 is stating that Ahasja became a king at the age of 42

3. "Numbers", 23:19, claims that God never regrets his actions,  but in "Genesis", 6:6, its written that God regrets creating the human being.

4. The Note Written Above The Head Of Jesus, On The Crucifix:
"This Is Jesus, The King Of The Jews" - (Matt 27:37)
"The King Of The Jews"                     - (Mark 15:26)
"This Is The King Of The Jews"          - (Luk 23:38)
Even with the help of God (??), the 3 authors couldnt write 5-8 words correct...  witch one is correct and with one(s) are fake? is any of them correct at all?

thats 4 examples.... ive written exactly were you can find the paragraphs, so check for yourself if you want... i have a couple more iff you're interested...

anyway.. this obviously shows that the writers had no connection with God when typing, else, how could they contradict theirselfes?? .. i also have proofs for the statements im going to claim now:

1. Jesus did NOT dy by the crucifix...
2. Jesus was a fighter and was ready to protect his life by the sword
3. Jesus is NOT holding (being respoisible) for the humans sins, and ne never had

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2002, 07:12:48 PM »
Well first off, 1, 2 and 4 have nothing to do with the basic principles of the Bible or whether it is a holy book or not. And I pulled out my Bibles and looked through them, and out of the three different Bibles I looked through, only one had the errors when it came to the kings ages. I think it may depend on what translation you have. Also, I'm positive Chronicles and Kings were all written by different men. Those are small errors that take nothing away from the main principles or purposes of the Bible. And the men who wrote it and the people who print it are humans. Last time I checked humans are not perfect.

As for the different apostles writing what the sign on Jesus' cross said were slightly different, come on, they all say the same thing, give or take a few. Like I said, man is not perfect.

Now number three is what puzzled me, but you gotta realize we are dealing with the english language. The word "regret" has more than one meaning. These definitions below came from the dictionary, no affiliation to the Bible. Check it:

1: mourn or loss or death of
2: sorrow or the expression of sorrow
3: to be dissapointed

No where does it mention God changing his mind. In Genesis 6:6, God was dissapointed and felt sorrow for his people turning away from him. It doesn't say he wished we were never made. And Numbers says He never changes his mind or lies. If you break it down like that there is no contradiction at all. You just took a few words out of context.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2002, 03:13:01 AM »
I'll come back tonight and refute all those supposed 'contradictions'... Most of the 'contradictions' are gramattical differences, or things that are of little importance.  Also keep in mind that the bible has been translated several times, it's grandfathered to the point that it's not in it's original form.  Peace~

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2002, 07:58:30 AM »
Is that all you got I-Bo?

lmao

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John wrote their stories of the events through eyewitness reports.  God didn't fucking tell them what happened,

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2002, 09:58:53 AM »
Is that all you got I-Bo?

lmao

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John wrote their stories of the events through eyewitness reports.  God didn't fucking tell them what happened,

so your point is that we do not know if the Bible is correct.... ??