Author Topic: Tech, what you know about Sufism? (in Islam)  (Read 265 times)

infinite59

Tech, what you know about Sufism? (in Islam)
« on: May 26, 2002, 11:02:49 AM »
I read it was a method of Islam practiced in Africa, which involved fitting Islam around the framework of the society, community, and even around ancestral traditions.  You know anything else?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: Tech, what you know about Sufism? (in Islam)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2002, 03:34:05 PM »
Sufism is the mystic version of Islam

They're commonly called Dervishes

Umm....they're not considered heresy like the Qadiani movement, and they're not different in the way Sunnis and Shiahs are

They basically practise stuff wierdly, um, theyre known to do dances for God, they pray for hours on end, they're basically Islamic hippies, really, lol
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

DOC. da G.P.T...[METS][REX/MaB]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Jubai Kibagamai
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2002, 05:04:54 AM »
see Sufism comes from the Sufi Tribe....and yes they are sheeya....they believe in Ali after mohamad...(Darvishes)....
(i know it since i'm persian ;D)
and yes their way of prayin' is very different...they don't dance but they head bang and constanly sayin' "ya Ali" or "Ho" (which means god)untill they forget about everytin' else around them ...then they put swords in their body and eat razor blade or sit in human ovens.  usually nothing wil happen to them and that's how they know that they're close to god....(but there's more into it which i don't fel like get into details)

these people are common in Kurd areas...and my mom is kurd so she tells me these stuff...

hope the info helped you..
one.
MC Mass, rep.in' Great Persia and the T Dot Squad:

Docky
Prince Tech
till the day when skies turn black and red water covers the lake/
Great King Kourosh sleep well, cuz all of us IRANIANS are still awake/

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2002, 08:27:45 AM »
see Sufism comes from the Sufi Tribe....and yes they are sheeya....they believe in Ali after mohamad...(Darvishes)....
(i know it since i'm persian ;D)
and yes their way of prayin' is very different...they don't dance but they head bang and constanly sayin' "ya Ali" or "Ho" (which means god)untill they forget about everytin' else around them ...then they put swords in their body and eat razor blade or sit in human ovens.  usually nothing wil happen to them and that's how they know that they're close to god....(but there's more into it which i don't fel like get into details)

these people are common in Kurd areas...and my mom is kurd so she tells me these stuff...

hope the info helped you..
one.

Yo...... one of my Muslim mentors from Africa always takes two hands and kind of slaps his face about 7 times or so at the end of his prayers.... is that the same thing?

And then for some reason at this mosque I went to that was about 95% black they went nose to the ground then knee's, nose to the ground then knee's, etc., like 5 times more then the usual 2 times.  Know anything about that?

Thanks for the info ya'll.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2002, 02:57:32 PM »
man i dunno about that...dont get caught up in that, just practice the orthodox faith, that u were taught,
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll