Author Topic: Why love America?  Why patriotism?  (Read 472 times)

infinite59

Why love America?  Why patriotism?
« on: May 17, 2002, 11:01:43 AM »
Open question.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Don Seer

Re: Why love America?  Why patriotism?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2002, 12:02:35 PM »
guess. everyone's supposed to be patriotic about where they're from.. you can't blame em.

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2002, 12:07:57 PM »
guess. everyone's supposed to be patriotic about where they're from.. you can't blame em.

yeah its natural, i mean you are born in that country, and are raised their so its natural to feel attached to it....besides america aint such a bad country, every country has problems......its pretty cool

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2002, 12:10:47 PM »
yup.. if i become canadian (hehe) i'll love canada  ;D

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2002, 12:18:44 PM »
It's ok to be patriotic and rep where you're from as long as it's not BLIND patriotism.  By that I mean you NEVER or rarely recognize your governments commit wrongdoings, whether you're English,American, Israeli etc.

Also the most important thing is to RECOGNIZE there are other countries but yours.  And I think it's wrong to say any country is the "Greatest" because it depends how you define greatest.  I've been to about 9 different countries including America, and the one I liked the best and would most like to live in is Switzerland.  Does that make it the greatest?  No.

Be patriotic, but have some humility.

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Nature of the Threat!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2002, 02:28:16 PM »
I choose not to be a blind follower of the US government.  I'm doubtful by nature; distrustful of structures.  The American government has worked more tricks than Till Eulenspiegal.  We have dabbled in the cardinal taboo of racism and slavery in our past, and today we dabble in religious persecution of Muslims, at home and abroad.  

It was a snake from the beggining, the pilgrims killed the Indians and called it Thanksgiving.  So why complain now when the snake bites us?  If Thomas Jefferson were still alive, he would be well read on Islamic affairs, and would have prevented Sept. 11th before it happened.  But instead, we have a clown named George Bush in office, a bigot following in the footsteps of every flag-waving, Budweiser guzzling hard hat, incipient Reagan democrat.  Only Bush is a republican spitting noble savage garbish, that us drunken American's open up our bars to on the daily.

There will be those that close their eyes, and plug their ears with their forefingers, and later swear upon their Holy Bibles to have seen no evil and heard no evil.  

Eldridge Cleaver

In America, the Jews (in power) sap the very life-blood of the so-called Negroes to maintain the state of Isrea

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2002, 06:33:33 PM »
Yeah.. basically you Rep where you're from. But not just that.. To me, tha United States aint Pretty Cool.. it's Fuckin Dope. We get to do whatever out here.. we do have liberty.. liberty of speech and all that shit. I'm not sayin it's tha best place on Earth. I just think it's a comfortable place to live.. we got it out here.. I dont know about Pratriotism.. I aint a patriot. you wont catch me waving around an American Flag... it's not even about that... fuck tha politics.. it's just coo' living out here.. that's my Love for America. Love it or leave it.. simple as that.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2002, 07:53:58 PM »
Open question.

im cool wit u an u helped me through hard times an shit but why do u hate america so much considering tha fact ur have lived here ur whole life.  And to every1 that has a problem wit america,  u people act like americans are tha only people blind to tha problems to tha world.  U act like america is tha only country that does fucked up shit.  Bottom line every other country has jus as many people that dont know jack shit about world politics.  majority of countries do fucked up shit an only look out for there own interest's.  So why when america does fucked up shit its wrong but other countries can an u guys couldnt care less.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2002, 10:14:22 PM »
I love America because it has allowed me to live a full life to this point. I've had most everything I wanted spiritually, emotionally, and physically (posessions). Anything I haven't achieved, or not been able to afford, can be achievable with more effort, or even luck. I know our government hasn't always done the right thing, and I don't support certain acts. But as far as I'm concerned, as long as I'm not being forced to worship a certain way, or pay half my money to the powers that be, or be forced to work a specific job, then I'm okay with the way the country is being ran internally. I love america because it allows people like Infinite to openly disagree, and exploit it's issues without imprisoning him, or taking away his rights. I'm glad I was born here, and I'm glad that I will die here.

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2002, 12:06:57 AM »
It comes down to this, for shizzle.

If you have a kid, and the kid sucks at football, when ever you see him play, do you boo? Do you say "GET THE F&CK OFF THE FIELD, LOSER"?  Do you hate the kid? Do you tell everyone you know when they ask about him that he can't play football worth a Sh*t?  No.  You tell the kid "Good Job" when he runs 2 yards.  Or you say "Better luck nextime" whenever he gets tackled into the drink table.  Or you say "You're a good sport" when he admits he sucks.

The same thing with America, for real.  America is screwed up, but POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT will get more than punishment done anyday.  If you just bitch about america's problems, and hate them for it, then the problems will never change.  If you reinforce the positive aspects of America, while always being concerned of the negative aspects, much more will get accomplished.  The relationship with the country you live in is just that.  It's on a different scale, but the same principles apply to a relationship with your children, or your friends.  

I'm patriotic, because I'm optomistic.  I don't hate the world, because I accept responsibility for my OWN life, and don't blame my problems on something else.  Yall (Political Gangsta) (or some of yall, not all, peace~) bitch, and moan about your lives, but I have no job, my dad died, my mom has colon cancer, I have a mortgage payment, and a 14 year old brother that looks up to me for guidance.  I can't even get married, because I have a kid, basically (my brother) who I have to raise.  I support my entire household with no income (currently), and I have more problems than I could list before the word limit stops me.  I don't sit here and complain about them, I hardly even mention them.  Through that, my life is blessed, and I build upon the positives in my life; i'm smart, I'm friendly, I'm well liked, I'm strong, I'm fair, I look good, HAHA.  That's what we need to do with America.

That's why I'm Patriotic... because Personally, I think the good in america FAR FAR FAR outweighs any bad you wanna pin on it.  Some people are negative, and pessimistic by nature, I'm positive, and optimistic by nature.  While some of you are sitting around depressed about your problems, I'm out having the time of my life, despite my problems.  This resounds all throughout the arguments on this boad, by the way.  Some of you view religion as an opressor, but to me, it has opened my mind infintely.  Some of you view women as a ball and chain, but to me, I'm twice the person when I have a woman.  Some of you think I'm weak for leaning on God, when in reality, I'm ten times stronger when I know God has my back.  I don't even sweat the small stuff anymore.  I feel like I can conquer anything.

That's why I'm patriotic, because I refuse to dwell on the negative, and look for the positive.  I love america.  

Political Gangsta

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Nature of the Threat!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2002, 03:18:07 AM »
Trauma, like George Bush is a symbol for the white male, budwieser guzzling flag-waving, hard hat wearing bigot, you my friend are a poster child for compassion, enthusiasm, loyalty, sincearity, brotherhood; a true nationalist for your people.  

Never listen to those bitter cynics who attempt to chastise you and make you out to be a bohemiam anarchist, a misleader, a trickster.  You turn tricks for no one my friend, and the greatest trick you every turned was submitting to the will of God, and of the efforts you poured into your church of latter day saints, you will be rewarded with compound interest.  

Now flip the record over, and play the other side.

What prevented America's imperialistic empire from mass exterminations in Puerto Rico and the Phillipines in the 60's?  

It wasn't good natured white posotive thinking white kids like Trauma, nor was it white power rallies accompanied by the black hating lyrics of Axel Rose.  

Rather it was individuals like myself who extracted a portion of the venom in America's colonial empire at home and abroad.  Do you like John Lennon?  Well I would of been side by side with John Lennon in those days.  Accompanied by the smell of protests, anger, tear gas, the sound of skull cracking billy clubs, helicopters; the revolution.  It takes that to achieve peace and prosperity, even if the victory is pyrric.

There will be those that close their eyes, and plug their ears with their forefingers, and later swear upon their Holy Bibles to have seen no evil and heard no evil.  

Eldridge Cleaver

In America, the Jews (in power) sap the very life-blood of the so-called Negroes to maintain the state of Isrea

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2002, 08:11:34 AM »
I choose not to be a blind follower of the US government.  I'm doubtful by nature; distrustful of structures.  The American government has worked more tricks than Till Eulenspiegal.  We have dabbled in the cardinal taboo of racism and slavery in our past, and today we dabble in religious persecution of Muslims, at home and abroad.  

It was a snake from the beggining, the pilgrims killed the Indians and called it Thanksgiving.  So why complain now when the snake bites us?  If Thomas Jefferson were still alive, he would be well read on Islamic affairs, and would have prevented Sept. 11th before it happened.  But instead, we have a clown named George Bush in office, a bigot following in the footsteps of every flag-waving, Budweiser guzzling hard hat, incipient Reagan democrat.  Only Bush is a republican spitting noble savage garbish, that us drunken American's open up our bars to on the daily.

uumm....where the fuck have you been....god damn..lol

that rite there is some of the truest shit i ever read on this board
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2002, 11:58:28 AM »
Damn Infinite stepped it up to a whole new level

That is Infinite right?

infinite59

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2002, 12:39:38 PM »
Damn Infinite stepped it up to a whole new level

That is Infinite right?

If it says Infinite next to the post it's Infinite, if it says Political Gangsta next to the post it's Political Gangsta.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2002, 12:57:47 PM »
What's your real name?

Cause then you would be like

Marshall Mathers - Eminem - Slim Shady

????? - Political Gangster - Infinite