Author Topic: Reason Why Parts Of Qu'ran Are Unpeaceful-ALL READ  (Read 255 times)

infinite59

Reason Why Parts Of Qu'ran Are Unpeaceful-ALL READ
« on: May 13, 2002, 11:31:19 PM »
One thing all non-Muslims need to understand about Islam is this.....

The Qu'ran is not in the order it was revealed by Muhammad but rather it is in order by subject. So when Muhammad talks of War, that's grouped together, while surah's concerning Abraham are grouped together.  Etc.

With that being said.  The War rhetoric, kill non-muslims type rhetoric, that enemies of the religion use to attack Islam, was revealed while the prophet was in Medina.  Muslims had been persecuted, killed and driven out of Mecca for their beliefs.  They regrouped in Medina, and waged war against their oppressors.  Alot of the revelations at that time sound to be anti-semetic, violent, and anti-anything non-Muslim.  However, after Muslims conquer Mecca, and reclaim their land, you once again see Muhammad speaking of peace and making statements such as, "If they choose not to be Muslims, then so be it, we all have free will to pursue knowledge."  Muhammad makes peace with his ememies and lives in harmony with non Muslims

BOTTOM LINE IS THIS.........

Surah's revealed in Mecca- Peaceful, Charitable, Tolerance
Surah's revealed in Medina- War, Community, Nationalism, Discipline

Before attacking Islam and the Qu'ran, you must read about the life of Muhammad, to know what his people were going through at that time.  They were fighting against their oppressors to save their religion, and save themselves as humans.  And only through faith in Allah, were they able to perserve as people.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
Re: Reason Why Parts Of Qu'ran Are Unpeaceful-ALL
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2002, 04:19:45 AM »
word^....i think that many nutral muslims that r heads of  muslim communitys(that r living lets say in USA...and aren"t involved in any of tha arab world entrigues) will easilly tell you that all this terroristic wave....has nothin to do wit true Isalm....i heared this interview not long ago...wit this guy that is a head of a muslim community somewhere in USA(sorry I don"t recall tha name and tha place)...that said somethin like: "tha qu"ran never encoureges to kill inocent people, on contrare, it has much more exception of other monoteistic religions(judaism ,christianity) than any other religion...what those people (terrorism supporters) do is using people"s beliefes and faith in a manipulative game that brainwashez to killing, and death"....i kinda summed up what he said....so,imo tha OG Islam defenition should be completlly seperated from the terrorism supporting states and authoritys, since their aproach to Islam is twisted wit violance and killing....and has nothing to do with the religion....except for technicalities.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2002, 04:24:26 AM »
^-- word.. i understand that.

they had some stuff about islam on TV here.. and  spoke to many different types of muslim.. from the fringe to the extreme.. some things said were interesting.. some were disturbing.. but it was better than slating the entire faith.

I also think it was a manipulative move to 1) calm the (mainly christian oriented) populace so we know there are good muslims out there.. and 2) to provoke debate on the issue within the muslim community
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2002, 07:40:38 AM »
excellent post Infinite,

you actually taught me something there, i never knew what the distinction was between the chapters in the Quran under the Mecca heading and the Medina heading

peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2002, 11:23:26 AM »
^-- word.. i understand that.

they had some stuff about islam on TV here.. and  spoke to many different types of muslim.. from the fringe to the extreme.. some things said were interesting.. some were disturbing.. but it was better than slating the entire faith.

I also think it was a manipulative move to 1) calm the (mainly christian oriented) populace so we know there are good muslims out there.. and 2) to provoke debate on the issue within the muslim community

The thing is, I'll go to any mosque, hell I don't even care if it's a Nation of Islam mosque, (they wouldn't let me in, lol) or a mosque headed by Arab Muslim fanatics, I don't consider myself as belonging to any sect of Islam, I believe in making your own interpretations from the Qu'ran, kind of like Moorish Science Muslims.... all I know is I'm a Muslim, Islam is my religion, and I'm not leaving everything up to the scholars, alot of Muslim countries really hurt themselves in the 1400's when a group took power preaching a pre-ordained destiny.  Muslims stopped pushing forward in the fields of science and math, and now they find themselves in the situation they are in today.