Author Topic: this guy says tupac, jay z, are the most overrated rappers ever. Agree?  (Read 624 times)

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
Re: this guy says tupac, jay z, are the most overrated rappers ever. Agree?
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2004, 09:07:01 PM »
when him, slug, or canibus can put out an album universally accepted as a good album, come holla at me. cause jay already has 2.

they probably could if they were signed to a major, had promotion like jay through mags, tv, interviews, clothing lines, etc...their independant and the world isnt ready for them. they prefer weak shit like chingy, nelly, j-kwon, and jayz. em can even fit in with them at times, nas stays real. make any of those 3 a hot beat like the ones jay gets and see how they ride it with a lot more meaning full and lyrical content compared to your beloved jay. slug did good on Modern Mans Hustle which i thought sounded a lil commercial. but unfortuanly he cant get beats like that all the time or have the equipemtn/producers who can. until then, they wont put an album universally accepted bcuz of all that and i can deal with it. being accepted by 12 yr olds and sales obviously matter to u, good for u. to me, jay is like the dumb commercial version of immortal technique, both cant ride beats. list as many songs as u want, call me when he can do it through a whole album.
comparing nelly, j-kwon, and chingy, to jay? LOL. the only thing they have in common is that they are mainstream artists. nas best flows were on iww, and they still arent as good as jays best. substance doesnt mean shit when it comes to mcing. the perfect example is 92-96 redman. great lyricism, great albums. im sick of people on this board trying to use substance as a crutch. and when did i say sales mattered to me? stop putting words into my mouth. im not a fucking dickrider. if its not my money, i dont care how much they are selling. and he already did it through an entire album, it was called reasonable doubt. he hit the underground and mainstream with tracks for that album.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 09:19:16 PM by smartass »
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2004, 12:06:43 PM »
when him, slug, or canibus can put out an album universally accepted as a good album, come holla at me. cause jay already has 2.

they probably could if they were signed to a major, had promotion like jay through mags, tv, interviews, clothing lines, etc...their independant and the world isnt ready for them. they prefer weak shit like chingy, nelly, j-kwon, and jayz. em can even fit in with them at times, nas stays real. make any of those 3 a hot beat like the ones jay gets and see how they ride it with a lot more meaning full and lyrical content compared to your beloved jay. slug did good on Modern Mans Hustle which i thought sounded a lil commercial. but unfortuanly he cant get beats like that all the time or have the equipemtn/producers who can. until then, they wont put an album universally accepted bcuz of all that and i can deal with it. being accepted by 12 yr olds and sales obviously matter to u, good for u. to me, jay is like the dumb commercial version of immortal technique, both cant ride beats. list as many songs as u want, call me when he can do it through a whole album.
comparing nelly, j-kwon, and chingy, to jay? LOL. the only thing they have in common is that they are mainstream artists. nas best flows were on iww, and they still arent as good as jays best. substance doesnt mean shit when it comes to mcing. the perfect example is 92-96 redman. great lyricism, great albums. im sick of people on this board trying to use substance as a crutch. and when did i say sales mattered to me? stop putting words into my mouth. im not a fucking dickrider. if its not my money, i dont care how much they are selling. and he already did it through an entire album, it was called reasonable doubt. he hit the underground and mainstream with tracks for that album.

comparing nelly, j-kwon, and chingy, to jay? LOL.
Exactly!!

Justified

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2004, 04:28:12 PM »
Jay Z >>> 2Pac

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2004, 01:11:21 AM »
Jay Z >>> 2Pac

Hahahaha, thats a joke.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Don Breezio

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2004, 07:27:39 PM »
i really can't disagree with that ^^^^^....not that jay-z is better than 2pac lyrically or whatever but i'll say he's right there with him....i listen to a lot more jay than i do 2pac...i have a lot of albums by both but in the end i just feel jay-z has the all around package (when it comes down to the 2 of them....there are a few others i would say the same about)

however 7even.....i wouldnt call slug anywhere near 2pac....dont get me wrong i love slug...i have all the atmosphere albums, i the slug/murs album....seen him in concert.....great mc and i listen to atmosphere way more than 2pac....but the thing is that slug and 2pac are 2 entirely different styles of hip hop....jay-z/pac is a little easier to compare...i would say both had just as much talent....but honestly pac had the whole package compared to slug...there are a lot of atmosphere songs i dont like (and there are a lot of 2pac songs i dont like)....and as much as i love atmosphere....i cant bring myself to compare slug to 2pac....

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2004, 10:18:45 PM »
jay z is a great rapper, his flow is nice, and lyrics can be really sick at times, overated, yes, just because some say hes like in top 10, which he isnt, but , hes got some nice albums under his belt

and lol at slug > 2pac... but you could possibly argue jay z > 2pac.. but i disagree... and Nas > jay z

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2004, 10:13:31 PM »
I cant complete how this dude dissed the shit out of pac. I mean really pac has the best range. He is the only rapper that could mix so many moods in a album and make it all work. Usually when other rappers try this it doesnt work. Also I think cuz how raw he made it. Even a song like How Do You Want It he didnt have that typical lovie lovie bullshits lines. Shit he even threw in a political blows in that song. No other rapper does that. The guy that wrote that was just worried about lyricas I know pac had some more average lyricas but I think dumbfouned his lyricas so more peolpe can understand the message he is tryin to display. Most of the time the most lyricalist cant make hot ass albums cuz for some reason they just fail. If Lyricalist is all you have had to worry about than Ras Kass would of went platium a long time ago

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2004, 03:11:46 AM »
a agree

rafsta

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2004, 09:26:42 AM »
2pac was, is, and always will be the best rapper EVER, lyrics, passion, spirituality, story tellin, truthfulness, knowledge, intelligence, flow, voice....

if anything tupac is underrated bein compared to biggie or any other rapper...

anyone that says eminem biggie or chino xl have better lyrics, dont listen to tupac.