Author Topic: Gay weddings.......what are your thoughts  (Read 747 times)

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Re:Gay weddings.......what are your thoughts
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2004, 03:44:26 AM »
Mauzip, Your opinion isn't really relevant, because you don't even appreciate marriage, and you don't believe in God, the two are inseperably connected.  

Not true. I grew up with hardly any religious upbringing and i've always thought of getting married, just never in a Church.

Marriage evolved from religion, no society promotes that people should get married, but all religions do.  The only reason to get married in the first place is to uphold a religious ceremony. You can get married by the justice of the peace, sure, but why would you get married, if you didn't believe that God wanted you to be married?  If you are in love with somebody, you don't have to marry them.  You can just live together happily ever after.  Since marriages are so easily broke, common sense will tell you the only purpose of a marriage is for religious reasons.  People simply believe that God wants you to marry off and start a family.  

Trauma thats fucking bullshit and you must know it. No society promotes that people  should get married? Have you ever looked at the tax and benefits that apply to married couples, co-habitating couples, and single people? They are not all the same, the reason being the state is trying to promote marraige. I've always seen it as a way of publicly showing/declaring your love for each other, and saying that you value this person so much you want to spend the rest of your life with them and possibly even have children with them. That i'm also willing to work hard to ensure the relationship lasts, to me it's more of a definite sign of commitment to another person. Not just to uphold a religious ceremony (but i guess it is a British tradition to get married, so i guess it could be to uphold British customs?). I would get married because my partner and I wanted to wed, not because we thought it is what God wants of us.

Since ALL religions are against homosexuality; it really doesn't make much sense for Gay people to get married, lol.  

Since Christ was against men with long hair, it really doesn't make much sense that most images of him have long hair, lol.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...